Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And by the way I'm in the higher risk category.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
      We are Americans, bout time some of you start acting like one. As long as we are alive and kicking NOTHING is irreparable, quit whining and make things happen.
      When we lost a portion of our clients I got off my *** and hit the ground running doing sales to recover the losses, my employees will not go without, I did a hiring push Mid Jan to boost employee numbers to account for any employee losses that might arise.

To those of you that have found yourself "not Essential" I would highly advise you to make your self essential .. Essential for your family and those that depend on you, find work.

But there are those among us that will set back and ***** and whine and collect unemployment, too lazy or too scared to shift gears and make a change, maybe your wife will get a job to support you and your children in this time of crisis.

Isn’t this the truth !!!! Well said

It absolutely floors me the things I hear people whining about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Feds need to start passing out free malaria pills by the billions just like some other countries are doing. I wish now I had brought home a bottle of them from Nam 53 years ago. Wonder what the shelf life is? The pills we took back then were made from real monkey brain. The generic pills made today are synthetic and can be produced in less than a week for all Americans. AND they work! All our military are now taking them.

Comment

I feel compassion for all those living in fear and panic, those whose have become seriously ill or lost their lives and those who have been economically hurt by the virus.I feel compassion for those that need to blame, finger point and accuse . It is a miserable way to live.That said I see the fear and panic as well as the political response causing far more problems than the virus itself.

As stated before, over 1,200,000 people die ANNUALLY in the U.S. from cancer and heart disease.{ Over 100,000 a MONTH } Much of this is directly attributed to diet and lifestyle as well as stress. The world wide economic impact of health care arising from lack of personal responsibility for health and poor health choices is incalculable . Is this sustainable? I think not.

Perhaps the positive that comes from this is some will wake up to the responsibility of taking care of their health and boosting their immune system . Perhaps a positive that come from this is that fear is a teacher and that the only real security comes from within, not external circumstances. Perhaps a positive from this is economical models that are dysfunctional will be replaced with true value driven constructions. Perhaps a positive that comes from this is folks will stop blaming politicians, and govt nor look to those institutions to solve the problems and govt as a whole will have to adapt. Perhaps a positive is...

Perhaps I'm a starry eyed dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            This is my thinking as well. Our economy "seemed" strong, but like any business that grows too fast, wasn't very sturdy. Too much student debt, too much corporate debt and too much personal debt. What if.....our government saw an opportunity to retract the economy without it seeming as if it crashed on its own, which it would soon have done anyhow, and they used the COVID19 opportunity as a smokescreen. Our economy was due for a correction. What better opportunity to hide the fact that it was crashing.

....thoughts from a college dropout.

It’s a dress rehearsal, so far we’ve failed miserably. (So far)

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              What good is a prosperous country if everybody is sick and dying? I’m in the high risk group too. I promise you my kids would rather have a daddy than a booming economy
              All those who have the same mindset are free to live in a bubble, people die from a lot of different causes. And, all those are still causing deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Not yet. I actually think we'll see over 100,000 dead before this is over.
                You might be right but I don't think so. Currently there is a 98% recovery rate of the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  At what point is the cure worse than the disease??
                  Already there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Great take, and I bet a few learn to save a penny or two also from this. That includes corporations that run heavy on debt and little capital.

It blows my mind that 70 percent of the US has less than 1000 dollars to their name. Even in a booming economy.
                    Amen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Randy. I have Garca’s delivery service headed your way. Make sure you tip him well.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                        I feel compassion for all those living in fear and panic, those whose have become seriously ill or lost their lives and those who have been economically hurt by the virus.I feel compassion for those that need to blame, finger point and accuse . It is a miserable way to live.That said I see the fear and panic as well as the political response causing far more problems than the virus itself.

As stated before, over 1,200,000 people die ANNUALLY in the U.S. from cancer and heart disease.{ Over 100,000 a MONTH } Much of this is directly attributed to diet and lifestyle as well as stress. The world wide economic impact of health care arising from lack of personal responsibility for health and poor health choices is incalculable . Is this sustainable? I think not.

Perhaps the positive that comes from this is some will wake up to the responsibility of taking care of their health and boosting their immune system . Perhaps a positive that come from this is that fear is a teacher and that the only real security comes from within, not external circumstances. Perhaps a positive from this is economical models that are dysfunctional will be replaced with true value driven constructions. Perhaps a positive that comes from this is folks will stop blaming politicians, and govt nor look to those institutions to solve the problems and govt as a whole will have to adapt. Perhaps a positive is...

Perhaps I'm a starry eyed dreamer.

When did cancer and heart disease become communicable diseases?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I’m willing to go to work, and take care of my family the best I can, and take my chances....that’s what I’ve been doing.

This country was founded on doing the right thing for the greater good, or it was until the “men” of this country started raising “cats”, and they started voting for others.

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.
                          Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                          Well said, Mike
                          Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          Great post

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          I'm with you Dale! I'm still getting up and going to work every day, just like normal. As part of the Defense Industrial Base, our shop is still blowin and goin. Life goes on. I REFUSE to let fear take control.
                          Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Truth Mike.

Gary
                          Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          In this country we have it so good our poorest of the poor don’t even know what your talking about.
                          Great take, and I bet a few learn to save a penny or two also from this. That includes corporations that run heavy on debt and little capital.

It blows my mind that 70 percent of the US has less than 1000 dollars to their name. Even in a booming economy.
                          Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Think of all the elderly who will die because they can't afford anything after the economy crashes. Meds, food, utilities. They'll die in droves then because unlike my parents today's kids stick them in a home. You know, one they won't be able to afford.

Gary
                          Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                          Agree.

As has been argued on TBH before - I think people have gotten soft.
                          Everybody answered a different question than I asked. Again would you be willing to sacrifice your life or your relative’s life if it would save the global economy?

Because that’s what you’re all asking a percentage of the population to do. It’s a certainty that without significant government intervention, many many more mom, dads, husbands and wives, grandmas and grandpas will die because of other people’s negligence.

It’s UNCERTAIN how many might die from inherent health risks that cannot be mitigated by others, like what can be done with this virus.

My wife has benign neutropenia, son has asthma, and 1 y.o. daughter had RSV last year and will likely have complications when she gets another respiratory infection. Should I sacrifice them to save your small business or the global economy?

Living through a ****ty depression is better than not living at all, I don’t care if it’s 1 life or 1 million lives saved. Just read the Bible for inspiration for turning to Jesus to get through ****ty times. Chock full of much worse times than what our country has ever endured. I grew up on hand me downs, fix my own 15 year old vehicle and can tear my house down and build it back completely by myself. If I have to do without in a bad economy, so be it. One day all this hay and stubble will burn up and it will only matter to God how we stood for life FIRST. Jesus didn’t preach economics, he came to save lives.

And this argument to me is no different than those who choose to abort a baby because the doctor says you must or the mother will die. It’s a CERTAINTY that a life will be lost. How many times have they been wrong? Happens every single day.

Trust me, I get it. It’s a messy situation. It’s a lose/lose. It just comes down to how much we value just ONE single life. To God, every life is sacred. We need to preserve the lives that we CAN direct affect, and trust Him with the future for al things uncertain. It’s really that simple to me.

I fully expect many to bash my opinion, that’s fine, I’ve learned over the years that there are fewer and fewer guys here that will stand up for God’s values when it hits their pocket books. That’s not a dig on anyone, that’s just the reality of our culture.

“For what good will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?”

Comment

That's crazy!!! And very sad.

I predict my business gonna be booming before long

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                              Everybody answered a different question than I asked. Again would you be willing to sacrifice your life or your relative’s life if it would save the global economy?

Because that’s what you’re all asking a percentage of the population to do. It’s a certainty that without significant government intervention, many many more mom, dads, husbands and wives, grandmas and grandpas will die because of other people’s negligence.

It’s UNCERTAIN how many might die from inherent health risks that cannot be mitigated by others, like what can be done with this virus.

My wife has benign neutropenia, son has asthma, and 1 y.o. daughter had RSV last year and will likely have complications when she gets another respiratory infection. Should I sacrifice them to save your small business or the global economy?

Living through a ****ty depression is better than not living at all, I don’t care if it’s 1 life or 1 million lives saved. Just read the Bible for inspiration for turning to Jesus to get through ****ty times. Chock full of much worse times than what our country has ever endured. I grew up on hand me downs, fix my own 15 year old vehicle and can tear my house down and build it back completely by myself. If I have to do without in a bad economy, so be it. One day all this hay and stubble will burn up and it will only matter to God how we stood for life FIRST. Jesus didn’t preach economics, he came to save lives.

And this argument to me is no different than those who choose to abort a baby because the doctor says you must or the mother will die. It’s a CERTAINTY that a life will be lost. How many times have they been wrong? Happens every single day.

Trust me, I get it. It’s a messy situation. It’s a lose/lose. It just comes down to how much we value just ONE single life. To God, every life is sacred. We need to preserve the lives that we CAN direct affect, and trust Him with the future for al things uncertain. It’s really that simple to me.

I fully expect many to bash my opinion, that’s fine, I’ve learned over the years that there are fewer and fewer guys here that will stand up for God’s values when it hits their pocket books. That’s not a dig on anyone, that’s just the reality of our culture.

“For what good will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?”
                              I didn't answer your question because it was a dumb question.
                              It doesn't work that way. H1N1 killed about of people but we didn't shutvthw country down.
                              We gave native Americans disease contaminated blankets. We send people of to wars in foreign lands. We let children die of hunger, be ripped out of wombs and be abused every day.
                              Disease will happen. This Jesus you claim to believe in clearly told us the tribulation that will occur before the end times. Famine, pestilence and disease. War upon war and people not having a normal sense of humanity.
                              Plus the life Jesus brought to us was a chance for our souls to live. Not these bodies.
                              Your problem is you are looking at the few who will die from Covid. Not the long term life that will be lost in the depression that is going to happen. Look at the numbers that died it the depression of the 20th century. And that is back when people were cut of tougher cloth.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post

Disagreeing isnt bashing. I like the back and forth as it gives a different perspective. I say protect those that are the most vulnerable and let the rest go about their way. I told my wife, Im much more likely to die from an accident than I am this. That may not be the case with others. It doesnt have to be be all one way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X