Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has everyone figured out how much their check from the govment is going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read that they will base the AGI off 2019 taxes if you've already filed and 2018 if not, at least that makes a little more sense than just going off 2018.

Comment

I know some people have been a little annoyed about people claiming they’re not getting a check perceiving it as a brag about how much money they make. I won’t be getting a check, but I have temporarily solved my toilet paper issue......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Treasury Department is about to "make it rain"

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Treasury Department is about to "make it rain"

I'm thinkin' more like a hail storm... more destructive than productive...

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            I know some people have been a little annoyed about people claiming they’re not getting a check perceiving it as a brag about how much money they make. I won’t be getting a check, but I have temporarily solved my toilet paper issue......

That is awesome. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              Just read that they will base the AGI off 2019 taxes if you've already filed and 2018 if not, at least that makes a little more sense than just going off 2018.

Well 2018 I made less than 75k and 2019 I made more. So guess I’m out..

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                Well 2018 I made less than 75k and 2019 I made more. So guess I’m out..

Did you make more than 99k though? It's phased out, not an all or nothing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Not that it would matter to me, but that is good news I think. At least it will be more current to today's trends even though the current trend wasn't even on the horizon Dec. 31, 2019...

I generally oppose bail outs and don't think this one will do much for each individual as the amount won't pay a week's budget for most, much less a month or two.

This bail out however, I am starting to come around to being able to stomach it as literally everyone in the service sector and many industries are dead in the water due to no fault of their own and no amount of crystal ball guessing/planning/forecasting would have ever seen this kind of catastrophe coming. Those of us who do have reserves won't have them long if this thing drags out too long... that is for small business owners...

Comment

I guess they assume everyone still lives at the same address or has the same bank account?? I foresee this being a cluster for them dealing with lost payments.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          I guess they assume everyone still lives at the same address or has the same bank account?? I foresee this being a cluster for them dealing with lost payments.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, it is YOUR responsibility to file a change of address for such things... I'm jus' sayin'...

Comment

Im more worried about what its going to end up costing us in the end.

Comment

The people will get very little compared to bureaucracy’s, corporations and the rest of the goons that sold the US down the river to the Chicoms years ago. Six trillion bailout? How the hell did they get that kind of cash?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                From what I've read, no need to apply... they will use old tax returns (that FAR predate this current situation we find ourselves in) to base your income on and send you a check or direct deposit (depending on how you pay or receive from the IRS) any funds you are qualified for...
                                But having said all that, we really will just have to wait and see what's in the bill now that it has passed...
                                In other words if you even tried to not be a bum in 2019 it doesn't matter if you're negative 100k in 2020. They know you can get yourself out of the hole.

All this is is another way to give more welfare out to "the poor"

Makes me sick all the crap they try putting in there. They want to make sure "x"% of private company board members are minorities.. That's a HUGE joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X