No announcement yet.

Just seen this in the news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am one of the ones that is not making a big deal about the CV right now.....but taking out a 7 year loan even at 0% is the last thing I would do right now....lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Sure you can haggle what the dealer is willing to take off the truck. You can’t haggle what the MFG is willing to come of the truck. Most of the major price reductions are in the form of MFG rebates, then the dealers knocks off however much you can haggle him down. You don’t have a say in the rebates other than military, farm bureau, etc. The 0% financing comes in lieu of the MFG rebate, so you’re limiting yourself to whatever the dealer himself is willing to knock off the price, which isn’t near as much as dealer and MFG combined.

Y’all go ahead thinking it’s free money though lol
      Not sure who is thinking its free money but I wouldn't be walking out the door until a certain number, much lower than advertised, is met but I could be different for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        I am one of the ones that is not making a big deal about the CV right now.....but taking out a 7 year loan even at 0% is the last thing I would do right now....lol
        Yeah I don’t think a 7 year note is a good idea either.

Comment

I don't know if it was free money or not but when I bought my last truck I took advantage of a 6 year 0% loan. I ran the figures and I was money ahead with the 0%. This was in March 07, Dodge offered a 6 year 0% load on leftover '06 2500s with the Cummins diesel. I went in and negotiated a very good price on the truck. I still have that truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Not sure who is thinking its free money but I wouldn't be walking out the door until a certain number, much lower than advertised, is met but I could be different for others.
            Youre not likely to walk out the door with a vehicle if that’s the case, but that’s a not a bad thing. Most get caught up in 0% and buy thinking they got a steal. Knowing where you need to be before ever setting foot in the dealer is the way you should be.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
              7yrs on a vehicle..... That's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Well, when you are buying a $80,000 truck and adding $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts to it, seven years is probably about right for how long you will be paying on it.

I ain't ever going to do such a thing, even if I had $10,000,000 in the bank, I would not pay that for a truck, but lots of people do.

Comment

Not a truck but I recently bought a skid steer. Cat and Kubota would give you an instant $3000 off the price if paying cash. Or you could finance at a very low rate. The low or 0% interest rate is built into the price. But we're all gonna die anyway so get that 0% loan and drive it like you stole it.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  Well, when you are buying a $80,000 truck and adding $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts to it, seven years is probably about right for how long you will be paying on it.

I ain't ever going to do such a thing, even if I had $10,000,000 in the bank, I would not pay that for a truck, but lots of people do.
                  Pretty sure like most any other offer of this nature is limited to small cars and 1/2 ton trucks

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Will they last 7 years?
                    Ok, fried rice just hit my screen...…………...lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Do people not haggle anymore these days?
                      I deaux excessively, my wife says it is embarrassing they way I negotiate on price. I tell her we can pay cash and I need to explore ALL the options on the table......or not on the table. Mercedes and Toyota had a blast with me 3 months ago as they were struggling to wrap up the year on a high note...….LOL!

Comment

Not bad, even though it’s still a GM. When will Ford do it??

Comment

Come on FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

There’s a lot of things I said I’d never spend $XX on, but as I’ve progressed through life I’ve spent that money and more.

When I was a teenager I couldn’t for the life of me understand why anyone would need an expensive bass boat, an aluminum one would do everything and more. Then you mature and realize the comfort and dependability are worth the price.

Buy once, cry once.

Comment

My wife got her Subaru couple years ago with 6 years 0%. I pay the equivalent of a 4 year note and it will be paid off in 4 years.

Hopefully Toyota does something similar(marketing to get folks in) I am in the market for a new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                There’s a lot of things I said I’d never spend $XX on, but as I’ve progressed through life I’ve spent that money and more.

When I was a teenager I couldn’t for the life of me understand why anyone would need an expensive bass boat, an aluminum one would do everything and more. Then you mature and realize the comfort and dependability are worth the price.

Buy once, cry once.
                                very true my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X