Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List the Corona Virus Cancellations affecting you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today we postponed our SCI banquet slated for May 17th.
    Tomorrow we are postponing our fraternities 50th anniversary of the chapter......for 3 weeks from today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything is canceled. School, field trips baseball games, concerts, rodeo. It’s all a bunch of BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
        Everything is canceled. School, field trips baseball games, concerts, rodeo. It’s all a bunch of BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
          So I need to pay extra for books and study materials because of a media hyped virus? What am I paying tuition for?
          You realize your “old school” tuition didn’t cost as much as what we pay now, right?
          So your saying you have absolutely no access to books ( online or off ?) as far as your tuition comment. Yeah I'm aware. I'm 53 and have 4 boys and raised 5. All grown men now. So I've paid for a kid or two and well aware what it cost today , yesterday and well before that.
          Last edited by clintb; 03-14-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Tour de Houston 60 mile bike on Sunday
            And now Ironman Galveston 70.3

Comment

Disney is closed as of tomorrow night.

We just flew back from our Disney trip yesterday.

Comment

All Arkansas public schools are out as of Tuesday.

What a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  We had a tournament in Dallas cancelled. We found a team with sense locally and they are on the bus headed home to play tonight. Team had a meeting and decided they are gonna play ball. Even if they gotta contact other kids from neighboring schools and play sandlot baseball. I’m sure as parents we can and will rent fields for them to do this. These young men are in the prime of their lives and this virus is just that. A virus. We are trying our hardest to go about our lives as normal but the chicken little mentality is making it harder and harder
                  Glen, are the Georgetown schools closed? We were given some pretty solid directives on practicing and any scrimmages that we could arrange were off limits, even parent led with no coaches present in the case our school shuts down. Our boys can't even use the athletic facilities at the school if school is cancelled or spring break is "extended" another week.

Comment

Almost done with a deployment to the Middle East. We had a date to come home, now hearing rumors it’s up in the air because of all this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                      Texas Tech cancelled classes but students still in dorms and meal plans, pretty sure they didn't want to cancel that revenue stream by refunding

Probably keeping it open for people that have no place to go or stay like foreign students and people with jacked up families that have no place to go if they didn't have a dorm paid for by a student loan or grant. Good for Tech.

Comment

Mike. Sent you a message

Comment

School may close

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          My wife is a teacher and was just notified they are trying to figure out how to do online school for the remainder of the year. She teaches 7th grade math, this is going to get interesting
                          Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath told school superintendents and lawmakers Sunday to be prepared for long-term school district closures, potentially through the end of the school year, especially in areas where the new coronavirus has spread.

Comment

Just got word that I am working from home until further notice....not sure I really like this, as I don’t feel I’m as productive.

Comment

My wife is a teacher, her spring break was extended two more weeks, we are opening our Alliance Center Fort Worth Shuck Me today, talk about great timing.

Comment

Angel Fire Resort is closing today instead of the 22nd . Had a family vacation scheduled for later this week , bummer .

Comment

Working...
                                X