China. What The Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
    You know what. I’m sorry but we deserve this if we can’t make things as basic as syringes and face masks in the us. I mean really, it’s 90% machine work and we have plenty of states where people would work for reasonable wages. It’s not like the garment district leaving Manhattan for China. This is a real wake up call for companies in high margin businesses extracting every last cent out of the supply chain. Sad really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well hop to it. Plenty of space here in Texas to open up and operate a face mask factory. But I’m thinking face masks aren’t as high margin as you think they are when you have to pay $7-15/hr to staff the facility.

Point is, better take advantage of capitalistic opportunities in the good ol USofA while you still can

Comment

You know what. I’m sorry but we deserve this if we can’t make things as basic as syringes and face masks in the us. I mean really, it’s 90% machine work and we have plenty of states where people would work for reasonable wages. It’s not like the garment district leaving Manhattan for China. This is a real wake up call for companies in high margin businesses extracting every last cent out of the supply chain. Sad really

Pretty sure we still make these things here, as well as import. Maybe we should increase our domestic output capabilities.

Comment

stock market took a hit today because of this. Its hard not to be chicken little. But in the next week or so I feel we will either have a ha that was a great scare or Oh..***** now what do I do moment.

Comment

I might be wrong, but didn’t we start using China for this and medicine manufacture when the affordable health care act was put in place?

Comment

I work for Gilead. We have a drug called Remdesivir that may work on COVID19 when combined with a malaria drug. We activated our outbreak response team last week and they’ve shipped enough doses to China to test in 500 people. Will run a 30 day trail and see what happens. They’ve ramped up production as well. The transmission rate is very similar to Flu but doesn’t seem to slow down in warm climates like the flu does. We are in for an interesting 6 mnths IMO. Just hope it doesn’t mutate fast enough to evade the vaccine or become more virulent.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Well hop to it. Plenty of space here in Texas to open up and operate a face mask factory. But I’m thinking face masks aren’t as high margin as you think they are when you have to pay $7-15/hr to staff the facility.

Point is, better take advantage of capitalistic opportunities in the good ol USofA while you still can

This is a straw argument. Hence why even basic ingredients for our pharmaceuticals are made in China. We chased higher and higher profits and in some cases sold them our own machines. There are many many companies who will be questioning their over reliance on a communist essentially hostile lying government for their livelihood.

Comment

This is a straw argument. Hence why even basic ingredients for our pharmaceuticals are made in China. We chased higher and higher profits and in some cases sold them our own machines. There are many many companies who will be questioning their over reliance on a communist essentially hostile lying government for their livelihood.

There should be good reasons put in place to de-incentivize such activities.

Comment

The highly-contagious coronavirus is continuing to spread despite health officials in several countries doing their best to contain the outbreak, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel said Monday on "America's Newsroom."

Number of cases in Italy is very alarming.

Comment

And if it's bad in places like Italy now, where is it going to pop up a month from now? It makes it almost hard to believe it's not already here in the US somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                      And if it's bad in places like Italy now, where is it going to pop up a month from now? It makes it almost hard to believe it's not already here in the US somewhere.
                      If we can hold this at bay it may be a good case against socialized medicine.

Comment

I'm guessing there are cases all over the US already. I know there has been a super bad respiratory bug going around east tx thus winter. Many end up with pneumonia but text negative for influenza . I know 7 people that had what ever it is and it was rough on them.

No one is testing for it here yet so we don't have a clue if its been spreading all winter.

Comment

It’s not a straw argument, it’s a put your money where your mouth is argument. If you think you have a better way, then by god get after it.

Any yes, dang near every industry has prioritized profit over everything else, & thus shipped manufacturing labor to our commie enemies. If you are going to cast stones, cast them and everyone and quit buying goods made in China

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                          Out southern border is known for high inbound traffic of less than healthy and clean people..... someone mentioned this may make a case against socialized medicine, it may make an ever better case for increased border security

Comment

On that note, what happens when Mexico is infected and they start showing up at our ER's in the border towns?

Comment

Realize. This is a pandemic...and has gone to epidemic. There are too many backdoors and this had been loose since late September 2019. Patient Zero...err somechit...in December is a nonstarter. I am wrestling with the fact that I will contract SARS-2 at some point. I cant figure if itll be a bad cold or a killer. The Whistleblower Chinese Doctor died 4 months after recognizing a new disease...and he was 34...ish? Was it continual inoculation of the virus that killed him. As far as Im concerned...SARS-2 s 100% effective.

Twice today...I heard NPR Hosts try to lead...scientists into terms of nonpandemic...and they (the scientists) all said pandemic. Its beyond that. IMO.

This is the new reality. Eso si que es.

At what point do I risk getting arrested for pulling my
                              kids out of public school? I think the time is now.

Comment

Is there a realistic alternative to an undeveloped vaccination? Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X