No announcement yet.

Should polygamy be legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a few clips of that sister wives show. When those women start tearing into that guy all at once he gets a look on his face of pure regret.
    Last edited by CEO; 11-05-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I guess some polygamists are just consenting free-thinking adults but they are few. When you read about the history of polygamy around the world, or here in the offshoot FLDS communities it should be a cautionary tale. Whether Mormon , Muslim or "other" it's always a middle aged or old guy who coerces his wife (who has no power) into adding a young girl or two (or 5 or 6) to the relationship. The girls raised in those communities have little or no choice in the matter. Also have you read about the "lost boys" of the FLDS? Thousands have been driven out out as teenagers so the men in power have less competition. None of my business? Doesn't hurt me? Right on both counts I suppose but at some point the powerless need protection don't they?
      Last edited by jerp; 11-05-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Bacon

Comment

Did you read it? I never said they never practiced it in the past. I said they no longer do it.

"In 1890, when it became clear that Utah would not be admitted to the Union while polygamy was still the practice, church president Wilford Woodruff issued a Manifesto that officially terminated the practice of polygamy"

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Did you read it? I never said they never practiced it in the past. I said they no longer do it.

"In 1890, when it became clear that Utah would not be admitted to the Union while polygamy was still the practice, church president Wilford Woodruff issued a Manifesto that officially terminated the practice of polygamy"
            Ok point taken.
            Just so you know all Muslims don't blow themselves up or want to kill non-Muslims either

There are grades and levels of Muslims just as you have pointed out there are grades and levels of Mormons.
            JCLDS are Mormons but not all Mormons are JCLDS or practice polygamy (so they say)

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...outputType=amp

Polygamy was common among members until 1904, when the LDS Church outlawed the practice everywhere in deference to U.S. laws. Some Mormons who believed polygamy was an essential element of their faith began moving to Mexico and Canada in the 1870s and 1880s to avoid U.S. prosecution, according to Matthew Bowman, a historian of the Mormon Church.
              You should read A LOT more before you think you know what you're talking about.

The Mormons who left for Mexico and stayed polygamist which went against the prophet changed to RLDS - They were no longer part of the original Mormon church.

Comment

You change rules of society and it does directly affect everyone. Letting people be polygamist would be a big change. I suppose gay marriage didn't change anything over the past 15 years
                Red line should have been to not let men follow little girls into the ladies restroom regardless of what they self identify as. Which IMO is bullsnot.

Comment

You should read A LOT more before you think you know what you're talking about.

The Mormons who left for Mexico and stayed polygamist which went against the prophet changed to RLDS - They were no longer part of the original Mormon church.
                  Just as I don't care if it was a Shiiate or Sunni that flew planes into WTC, they were all Muslims to me.
                  Just as these polygamist are all Mormons to me don't matter what sect as that's what they will identify as MORMONS

You're splitting hairs now.
                  Fact is all these folks fall under the Mormon umbrella
                  They just have different titles

Comment

Ok point taken.
                    Just so you know all Muslims don't blow themselves up or want to kill non-Muslims either

There are grades and levels of Muslims just as you have pointed out there are grades and levels of Mormons.
                    JCLDS are Mormons but not all Mormons are JCLDS or practice polygamy (so they say)
                    Keep reading...

There is only one Mormon Church lead by one prophet. This is according to their Church. You can't be a member of their Church and not do what the prophet says. Now there may be other re-named Mormon churches that call themselves Mormon..I don't know how to talk about them but they are far less than 1% of Mormons in general.

If you want your head to explode keep researching Mormons. Get to the racial part they had to change... And how they each become a God eventually if they do good enough...and all sorts of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Red line should have been to not let men follow little girls into the ladies restroom regardless of what they self identify as. Which IMO is bullsnot.
                      I see you've been infected
                      You used their terminology
                      "Self identify as..."
                      Born with a pipe.... YOU'RE A DUDE!!!

Comment

Keep reading...

There is only one Mormon Church lead by one prophet. This is according to their Church. You can't be a member of their Church and not do what the prophet says. Now there may be other re-named Mormon churches that call themselves Mormon..I don't know how to talk about them but they are far less than 1% of Mormons in general.

If you want your head to explode keep researching Mormons. Get to the racial part they had to change... And how they each become a God eventually if they do good enough...and all sorts of stuff.
                        Yeah I've never really went down the Mormon rabbit hole stuff before but I have heard about the racial part.
                        Only thing I do remember from my limited research on them is that all of their churches that I have seen have been IMMACULATE with a solid gold statue on top
                        The ones that stand out to me are the ones in San Diego and the one in Orlando

But I've looked into the 7th day Adventist and also the Jehovah's witnesses

Comment

Why not put a crack head whore on every street corner. Just tell the Christian people to teach their kids to not bang them.

You do realize their is a crack head on every street, under every bridge around us. Crack, meth, herion...... even good ol fashion alcoholics

Another surprise they are in church too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            You do realize their is a crack head on every street, under every bridge around us. Crack, meth, herion...... even good ol fashion alcoholics

Another surprise they are in church too!
                            And plenty of men have more that one woman they "interact" with, just aren't married

Comment

Keep reading...

Dead on correct, and their path to heaven is through works not salvation or grace...that's why they're so quick to jump when people are in need.... not necessarily for being a good person but through works.

Comment

Just as I don't care if it was a Shiiate or Sunni that flew planes into WTC, they were all Muslims to me.
                                Just as these polygamist are all Mormons to me don't matter what sect as that's what they will identify as MORMONS

You're splitting hairs now.
                                Fact is all these folks fall under the Mormon umbrella
                                They just have different titles
                                But they really don't. It's not like they are split 5 groups at 20% It's one main Church that's 99% and then a bunch of tiny cults that make up the other 1%

Comment

Working...
                                X