fort worth ex officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkipShot76 View Post
    Look, I agree ex-Officer Dean clearly wasn't going to be taking home a Nobel Prize any time soon. But is he a "simpleton?" Highly likely. Even so, leveling ad hominem attacks against the guy is futile. It only entrenches the growing divide between you and everyone who isn't #blessed with your ability to ignore blindingly obvious alternatives that conflict with the worldview you've blindly accepted.
    Skip Bayless??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        No doubt, just like on many of these threads. The simpletons see one thing a person writes and assumes they know exactly how the person thinks and NEVER take into consideration what that same person wrote just a FEW post prior.
        I’d rather be a “simpleton” than a full blown Fudd

Comment

Yep

Comment

Was he the only cop on the scene?

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
              I’d rather be a “simpleton” than a full blown Fudd
              You seem to be 100% positive of all the facts in this case. I’m going to call my buddy in the Tarrant County DA’s office and suggest he back off and let you handle it.

Comment

"Chief Kraus said that the officers believed they were responding to an “open structure” call and appeared to approach the house in that manner."

"I haven’t seen anybody moving around,” he told the dispatcher in a calm voice. “It’s not normal for them to have the doors open this time of night.”
                Last edited by flywise; 10-16-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

“It’s not normal for them to have the doors open this time of night.”[/B]
                  So he knew this person & their habits?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    So he knew this person & their habits?
                    That was a quote from the neighbor who set this in motion. His words to the 311 operator.

Does not sound like the PD were on a welfare check. By the chief's own words they approached it like an open structure call.

Comment

That was a quote from the neighbor who set this in motion. His words to the 311 operator.

Does not sound like the PD were on a welfare check. By the chief's own words they approached it like an open structure call.
                      I misunderstood. I thought that was the officer talking to dispatch.
                      So it wasn't a 911 call & it wasn't a "welfare check" call. They got it half right in the beginning!

Comment

Don't know enough of the facts to throw out an opinion. Prayers up to all afflicted by this tragedy.

Not sure if people realize that there are people out there in every profession/line of work that should not be doing that line of work. Obviously, being an LEO and not suited for the job can lead to tragic consequences. I am by no means speculating that this is what happened in this case. I just hate it when people paint with such a broad brush.
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 10-17-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Don't know enough of the facts to throw out an opinion. Prayers up to all afflicted by this tragedy.

Not sure if people realize that there are people out there in every profession/line of work that should not be doing that line of work. Obviously, being an LEO and not suited for the job can lead to tragic consequences. I am by no means speculating that this is what happened in this case. I just hate it when people paint with such a broad brush.
                          It is absolutly true that some folks have careers they should not have. I work with a few myself in the FD.
                          Even work several PD I would not trust in a stressful situation.
                          The whole.point of my responses to this tragity is that some folks should not assume they know exactly what happened long before all the facts are available.

Comment

Unfortunately accidents happen. When are we going to start charging surgeons when the knife slips with murder? I don't see a murder charge here. Malpractice but not murder.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Unfortunately accidents happen. When are we going to start charging surgeons when the knife slips with murder? I don't see a murder charge here. Malpractice but not murder.
                              Whenever the race baiters and media figure out how to make money from it.

Comment

Call comes in as burglary in progress.
                                Caller stated he sees a flashlight inside and a window broke inward.
                                LEO shows up, goes to front door, bangs on front door and yells “Richland County Police Department. Make yourself known”
                                That was just on Live PD and how it should’ve gone down in Ft. Worth.
                                For you LEO’s, why would you not do it as I described above?

Comment

Working...
                                X