Florida parking lot police shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
    Yeah well his stupid game and subsequent prizes may have repercussions for us law abiding gun toters. He will be the poster boy for all anti gun campaigns going forward and they do all they can to make us all out to be him

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      I don't second guess his reason for pulling his weapon. He was clearly caught off guard and I bet that ground hurt a little. The young guy should've had never shoved him down in the first place.
      I agree to a point. He should have not shoved the guy but how many of us would have been a little bit hot if some jackwagon was giving our wife or daughter a tongue lashing? it doesn't justify getting physical but i can see the dead guy getting ******. It is sad all the way around. everything put aside the shooter is a nut job and abused his license. I believe this guy got what he deserved and thankfully won't be license to carry again. It will be a different story for him in the pen or county jail. No gun to hide behind and I'm betting he tries to mind his own business a little more.

Comment

He was convicted due to political pressure, media, and public opinion bssed on that media exposure.

Nothing more.

Comment

i see it completely different...but I dont know the guys background or such...

The man pushed him hard to the ground and then stood over him.....he did step back once the gun was drawn....

but dont fool yourself....political pressure and the media convicted this guy....
          I can easily see this over turned on appeal....but the guy is already paying the price

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
            But this head case should have never been given a license to carry.
            Based what exactly, your own red flag rules?

Comment

I agree to a point. He should have not shoved the guy but how many of us would have been a little bit hot if some jackwagon was giving our wife or daughter a tongue lashing? it doesn't justify getting physical but i can see the dead guy getting ******. It is sad all the way around. everything put aside the shooter is a nut job and abused his license. I believe this guy got what he deserved and thankfully won't be license to carry again. It will be a different story for him in the pen or county jail. No gun to hide behind and I'm betting he tries to mind his own business a little more.
              I think that statement right there has everything to do with this whole situation!!!! Take the gun out of this old man's possession and he strolls on by making comments to himself instead of out loud.
              And yes, I know I would react sternly if someone were in my wife or daughters' face.

Comment

I remember this one really well. This guy had a history of looking for trouble and wanting to use his weapon. Well he got his wish and now he knows what it feels like to shoot someone. Hope he rots. Prayers for the father who was killed. This was not the guy we needed on our team.

Comment

Wonder what effect the shooting had on the number of physical assaults being committed by people with no fear of reprocussions now seeing there might be reprocussions.

And i wonder what that same stat will be with this verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    Based what exactly, your own red flag rules?
                    Not my red flags. But if you will go back and read articles from when this happened this guy has had a history of confrontation and pulling his weapon out. There may very well have been no red flags when he applied but there certainly has been after he got his license to carry. This whole thing could have been avoided if he had minded his own business. the problem is he used his license to become Barney Fife AKA parking lot police. In my opinion a license to carry is there as a last resort to defend you and other people in eminent danger. Not to pull and shoot a dude after he put you on your butt for mouthing your wife. like i said before the threat was over after the weapon was drawn, but this guy clearly wanted to shoot someone and was hope to provoke someone to justify using it.

There have been plenty of red flags since this guy received his permit to carry. He has a track record of road rage and confrontation and showing his weapon.

The Clearwater man who shot and killed a father of three outside a convenience store in a parking dispute last month — setting off a stand your ground debate that has swept Florida and the nation —...
                    Last edited by Head Hunter; 08-27-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Wonder what effect the shooting had on the number of physical assaults being committed by people with no fear of reprocussions now seeing there might be reprocussions.

And i wonder what that same stat will be with this verdict.
                      This whole thing would look different if he had just not shot, Obviously. Instead of the shooter being convicted, if he had just drawn his weapon and held the guy who assaulted him at gun point then the dead guy would be alive and charged with assault. But the shooter had and itchy trigger finger. He wanted to shoot somebody.

Comment

This whole thing would look different if he had just not shot, Obviously. Instead of the shooter being convicted, if he had just drawn his weapon and held the guy who assaulted him at gun point then the dead guy would be alive and charged with assault. But the shooter had and itchy trigger finger. He wanted to shoot somebody.
                        That really has nothing to do with my question.

Comment

So who was the police shooter? Was the guy who shot, or the guy who got shot, the police?

Comment

There may very well have been no red flags when he applied but there certainly has been after he got his license to carry.
                            But your article states "He has no criminal record in Florida".

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              So who was the police shooter? Was the guy who shot, or the guy who got shot, the police?
                              Neither

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                                But your article states "He has no criminal record in Florida".
                                Not my article i didn't write it. The only reason he did not have a record was because charges were not pressed still doesn't mean he did not commit a crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X