State of Texas closing plumbing board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of Texas closing plumbing board.

Texas plumbers need your help. As of Sept 1 there is no longer a board/license for plumbers in the state of Texas. We need Gov. Abbott to call special session to fix this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wait I thought less government is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Less government regulation is better in some situations. But when it comes to the health and safety of our drinking water and sewage there needs to be regulations. Plumbers also do natural gas and medical gas for hospitals, dentist and even vets, definitely dont nees less regulations in those departments. Also any registered apprentice, tradesmen, journeyman and master plumber is background checked every year when they renew thier lic. Isn't that a piece of mind when you call a plumber to your house?

Comment

where's the clause for standardize pricing to prevent continued price gouging?!

Comment

The state board was a failing agency, the bill to go to TDLR failed there was no safety net.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
            where's the clause for standardize pricing to prevent continued price gouging?!
            No now you can get price gouged from a unlicensed non insured handyman. You always have the right to refuse service.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
              No now you can get price gouged from a unlicensed non insured handyman. You always have the right to refuse service.

Not when my choices are "do it myself" or listen to a b.... wife!

Comment

We need a plumber union

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet it gets to TDLR before Sept 1.

Comment

Rest comfortably knowing those irregals will everything clean, sanitary and up to code on your drinking water and sewer.

Comment

I've been thinking about a side gig. Already have a truck...

Comment

Its easier to be a plumber then it is to be a hair braider in Texas now.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                          We need a plumber union

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          There already is.

Plumbers and pipefitters local 100 is the one in Dallas.

I am not a member, it may be plumbers and steamfitters.

They are also the air conditioning union in Dallas, But all the union contractors are commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            I bet it gets to TDLR before Sept 1.
                            I had an unfortunate experience with an AC guy. He cut my roof rafters to show horn a unit into my attic, among a few other gross negligent practices. Reported him to the TDLR, and all they did was cover their behinds.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Was just using a licensed plumber today. I’ve seen two house floods from handyman “plumber” this year. Not sure what the reasoning is about this but makes no sense to me

Comment

Working...
                              X