No announcement yet.

Assange arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assange has a history of a hacker, not a journalist. I think he trying to make the pivot so that he can argue freedom of speech.

With that said, I think it is more on the government to keep their secrets better than it is for a "journalist" to not report sensitive info.

We just had the media/politicians/government pushing the Trump PP Dossier, that each one knew was not true and yet they pushed it so that they could harm a private citizen. And now all 3 want to claim their should be some ethics on this stuff ?

I read that Assange has already started dumping docs.

Comment

The Anonymous hackers who spent the weekend knocking Ecuadorian government websites offline have turned their attention to the United Kingdom, issuing a warning for the British government to “free Assange or chaos is coming for you.” Speaking to the Gateway Pundit, a member of the hacker group who goes by the pseudonym ‘Nama’ declared they …

Pro-WikiLeaks Hackers Warn UK Gov: ‘Free Assange or Chaos is Coming for You’

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.

Manning was an analyst. He/she most certainly could obtain that information and there has yet to be a shred of evidence that Assange hacked or told him to hack anything. The charge is some sort of assistance charge, not that he actually hacked. Assange has exposed every govt that someone leaked him info from. They haven’t once had to retract a story for false information. It’s sad that he put peoples lives at risk, but what’s worse is that our govt blames a journalist for exposing them when they were doing illegal things. Like mowing down a village in the Middle East indiscriminately. Be that as it may, Manning should have been the one charged. Unless they have communications between Assange and Manning where Julian says “here’s how and why you should do it” then he’s innocent, and simply a journalist. We lock up one journalist, then we can lock up any one of them and that’s not American at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Manning was an analyst. He/she most certainly could obtain that information and there has yet to be a shred of evidence that Assange hacked or told him to hack anything. The charge is some sort of assistance charge, not that he actually hacked. Assange has exposed every govt that someone leaked him info from. They haven’t once had to retract a story for false information. It’s sad that he put peoples lives at risk, but what’s worse is that our govt blames a journalist for exposing them when they were doing illegal things. Like mowing down a village in the Middle East indiscriminately. Be that as it may, Manning should have been the one charged. Unless they have communications between Assange and Manning where Julian says “here’s how and why you should do it” then he’s innocent, and simply a journalist. We lock up one journalist, then we can lock up any one of them and that’s not American at all.

He/she/it was... Obama commuted it's sentence. Served 4 of 35 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            He/she/it was... Obama commuted it's sentence. Served 4 of 35 years.

I know. So Manning did a little piece of time and Obama got him out. What’s the case now? We let the leaker go but we don’t like you? It’s obvious what our govt is doing. Trying to silence a journalist that tells the truth.

Comment

Anyone else notice that we havent heard much else on it from the MSM since his arrest?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                Anyone else notice that we havent heard much else on it from the MSM since his arrest?
                Yep. He gone!

Comment

I agree assange and party are wicked and responsible for treason , but its also true the dnc is wicked, and this has the feel of revenge. Wicked fighting wicked killing each other off. I'd really like to see assange take some of the wicked dnc down in a last stab

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                    I agree assange and party are wicked and responsible for treason , but its also true the dnc is wicked, and this has the feel of revenge. Wicked fighting wicked killing each other off. I'd really like to see assange take some of the wicked dnc down in a last stab

Assange isn’t guilty of treason.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      Assange isn’t guilty of treason.

True dat. He would have to be a US citizen which he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        True dat. He would have to be a US citizen which he is not.

Correct. Even so, he just reported information which was given to him. That’s not treason that’s just journalism.

Comment

Man he's been swept under the rug quicker than the Vegas shooter!!

Comment

Looks like he sentenced to 50 weeks of prison for taking facts he received and getting them to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Man he's been swept under the rug quicker than the Vegas shooter!!
                              I mean, poof! Gone, Charlie! Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                                Looks like he sentenced to 50 weeks of prison for taking facts he received and getting them to the public.
                                He may well not serve all that time. He may not even live that long. Especially if he is brought over here where the Clintons have access to him. And OTHERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X