Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HR 8 and HR 1112 will be voted on in the house this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
    I did not renew my NRA membership this year strictly because they supported the bump stock ban, and some red flag laws.

And that is the point of my previous post. The NRA has sold gun owners out more than once and on some pretty big legislation.

My support mainly goes to GOA and in state associations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      And that is the point of my previous post. The NRA has sold gun owners out more than once and on some pretty big legislation.

My support mainly goes to GOA and in state associations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      The other issue is that neither the NRA or anyone in DC ever plays offense. It's always reactionary crap to hold onto scraps of the rights we used to and should have. Repubs had the House, Senate and Presidency for 2 years and not one pro-gun bill was brought up. Dems haven't had the House for 2 whole months and they have a bunch of crap ready to go.

Comment

Looks like it passed the House or did I see misinformation? At least HR 8 did

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Looks like it passed the House or did I see misinformation? At least HR 8 did
          It did. Supposedly DOA in the Senate, but I don't trust any of them.

Comment

Comment

I hope they stick with it. I don't trust the administration on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                I hope they stick with it. I don't trust the administration on this matter.
                I get the distrust, but frankly I don’t think the Admin nor NRA had a legal leg to stand on. Bump stocks are not necessary to the safe or effective function of a firearm, therefore the protection of it by 2A doesn’t really exist. Sometimes you gotta know when to fold em

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I get the distrust, but frankly I don’t think the Admin nor NRA had a legal leg to stand on. Bump stocks are not necessary to the safe or effective function of a firearm, therefore the protection of it by 2A doesn’t really exist. Sometimes you gotta know when to fold em
                  Except there was no one to bow to? They held House, Senate and Presidency. The NRA were the one's to bring it up in the first place. They were literally playing ball against themselves.

I also have a problem with the way they did it. According the the ATF, under the new regulation not only is a bump stock a firearm, it is a machine gun. They created regulation to fit them into a definition they do not fall under. That is a dangerous precedent. Not to mention they turned half a million law abiding citizens into felons overnight if they don't turn in or destroy personal property without compensation. Which is unconstitutional.

Comment

Except there was no one to bow to? They held House, Senate and Presidency. The NRA were the one's to bring it up in the first place. They were literally playing ball against themselves.

I also have a problem with the way they did it. According the the ATF, under the new regulation not only is a bump stock a firearm, it is a machine gun. They created regulation to fit them into a definition they do not fall under. That is a dangerous precedent. Not to mention they turned half a million law abiding citizens into felons overnight if they don't turn in or destroy personal property without compensation. Which is unconstitutional.
                    The lawsuits against the unconstitutional bump stock ban are already underway. It should be overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                      The lawsuits against the unconstitutional bump stock ban are already underway. It should be overturned.
                      Let's hope so. However even if it does, hundreds of thousands of people will still have get rid of personal property or risk facing harsh criminal charges before anything is changed.

Comment

Let's hope so. However even if it does, hundreds of thousands of people will still have get rid of personal property or risk facing harsh criminal charges before anything is changed.
                        I read two days ago, a judge upheld the ban in a suit brought by the firearms policy coalition.

The gun owners of America suit is still pending, and the hearing is scheduled for March 6th.

Deadline to turn in or destroy bump stocks is March 26th.
                        GOA is asking that the deadline is extended until the court battle is over.

I'm sure many bump stocks will end up being lost in a boating accident before March 26. I heard March 25 is national take your bump stock fishing day.

Comment

Working...
                        X