Interesting article on global warming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    I do believe that the climate is changing, I just also happen to believe that we dont have a lot to do with it. The only constant is change.
    Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
      I didn't say it was real or not. And I am not here to debate whether it is real or not. All I am saying is, as someone who appreciates the outdoors, I would hope that we would all want to take care of nature so that we, and future generations, can continue to enjoy it.
      Of course humans should be good stewards. But not complete idiots making rules and regulations that dictate the entire world without even knowing *** is really going on, if anything.

Comment

Agreed. But who decides what being a good steward means?

Comment

Agreed. But who decides what being a good steward means?
          that's simple, take care of were you are like you will inherit it in the future,,,

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            that's simple, take care of were you are like you will inherit it in the future,,,
            Some folks keep filthy homes and have German roaches

Comment

It's all those half ton and diesel owners leaving their trucks idling for hours on hours

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                It's all those half ton and diesel owners leaving their trucks idling for hours on hours
                Only because they're waiting for the guy getting regular gas to get out of the way.

Comment

Whether global warming or climate change is real and/or is caused by human activity, as someone who loves the outdoors, I believe we have a responsibility to protect the environment and do all we can to make sure it is preserved for future generations.

Sure. Up to the point the government interferes in legal business and penalized the ones they don’t like in an effort to set their buddies up with billion dollar grants for “green” energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone read the just released NCA4 yet?

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

Comment

Climate has been changing since God created and/or you wanna believe humans emerged from the primordial ooze...and will continue to change. We've only been tracking said change for 1/1000th or whatever of a % you think we've been around on this rock.

Volcanos & the Cali like fires do more than anything the two of the best human inventions have done being the internal combustion engine & air conditioner. Yes I think we should be responsible but to create laws & taxing us into thinking Tesla is the answer to control temps is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        What ever happened to the hole in the ozone layer? Weren't we all supposed to be dead by now?

Ozonics fixed the hole

Comment

I don't believe the earths temperature has been static since it was created. I don't think we are affecting it that much, and if we are, the only way to combat it is to stop being industrialized, or reduce human population to about 15% of where it is today.

Look at the last mini ice age, that was global cooling, and was cause by a volcano.

Look at who profits from all of this. Take refrigerants. The r-22 replacement (not a drop in) required changing our a/c systems. Look at all the money spent on that. Now, they are attempting to outlaw R-410A, saying it causes higher CO2. In a few years, we will see the same thing we face today, $100+ a lb for refrigerant, or $10K+ for a new system. Best thing about R410A, is it is also much more efficient than R22, so a/c's are easier to manufacture in the higher SEER ratings.

Same thing happening in refrigeration, R404A is a very good refrigerant replacing R12, still requiring equipment replacement, and they are trying to outlaw that one.

Looks to me that refrigerant and equipment mfg's are making record profits on the backs of American consumers based on a global warming theory that may or may not be made up. Follow the money.

Obama said "the science is settled". I say the science is never settled, or the sun would circle the earth, and the earth would be flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Climate has been changing since God created and/or you wanna believe humans emerged from the primordial ooze...and will continue to change. We've only been tracking said change for 1/1000th or whatever of a % you think we've been around on this rock.

Volcanos & the Cali like fires do more than anything the two of the best human inventions have done being the internal combustion engine & air conditioner. Yes I think we should be responsible but to create laws & taxing us into thinking Tesla is the answer to control temps is absurd.
                            That is the only part that matters in all of this! $$$
                            Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                            Ozonics fixed the hole
                            Mine works overtime to help the hardcore environmental wacko's!
                            Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            I don't believe the earths temperature has been static since it was created. I don't think we are affecting it that much, and if we are, the only way to combat it is to stop being industrialized, or reduce human population to about 15% of where it is today.

Look at the last mini ice age, that was global cooling, and was cause by a volcano.

Look at who profits from all of this. Take refrigerants. The r-22 replacement (not a drop in) required changing our a/c systems. Look at all the money spent on that. Now, they are attempting to outlaw R-410A, saying it causes higher CO2. In a few years, we will see the same thing we face today, $100+ a lb for refrigerant, or $10K+ for a new system. Best thing about R410A, is it is also much more efficient than R22, so a/c's are easier to manufacture in the higher SEER ratings.

Same thing happening in refrigeration, R404A is a very good refrigerant replacing R12, still requiring equipment replacement, and they are trying to outlaw that one.

Looks to me that refrigerant and equipment mfg's are making record profits on the backs of American consumers based on a global warming theory that may or may not be made up. Follow the money.

Obama said "the science is settled". I say the science is never settled, or the sun would circle the earth, and the earth would be flat.
                            Where did that % come from, was it in the scientific literature? Wonder why they did not find 5% or 50% to be the baseline? Heck, who gets to make that decision when all is said and done?
                            Yep, the whole refrigerant deal was a flat out money grab. Like you said, ALL NEW EQUIPMENT to make it feasible...…….LMAO, yep the decision makers play on another level.

Comment

I may have fudged a bit on the 15% number. However, if earth was de-industrialized, some people claim a number from 15 to 25% is where the population would end up. SHTF fiction, also uses these numbers a lot. I know that is fiction, but I have also seen those numbers coming from "new world order" proponents. Radical greenies quote 25% a lot also.

I have been in the HVAC business all my life, believe me, the refrigerant thing is far from over. They found a cash cow, and it will be milked for all its worth. I have made a fair amount of money myself, and to help my conscience, I help DIYers all I can on this site and any others.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                Anyone read the just released NCA4 yet?

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

Millions and millions and millions and millions were spent. If the science is settled, then why are they still researching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X