Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lt Governor? who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    I must admit, P Bush did not get my vote. Neither did Sid Miller.
    Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
      I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
      This is my thinking as well. I’ll be voting for a democrat for the first time in my life. I wish people would do some research when voting. Patrick has not been good for education in Texas. A lot of Retired teachers are struggling to make with the insurance changes. I was planning on retiring in 4 years but not sure I’ll be able to now. It sucks being in a profession for 25 years and having the pension change when you are close to retirement. I don’t agree with everything Collier says , but I do disagree with a lot of Patrick’s ideals

Comment

The way I look at it, even in TX, any Dumbocrat is against what I stand for and I will not be voting for anything that has a D after his/her name. Yes I may be giving up some things, but not near as much if the Dumbocrats take over, then you will see our way of life and our liberties go away. I am 65 and have voted forever and have voted for Democrats in the past, but not a single Dumbocrat will get my vote this year and as far as I can see in the near future unless their platform or lack thereof changes.

Comment

Straight republicans expect Bush

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
            I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
            This right here, my wife’s insurance nearly doubled, there was libertarian on the ballot, as much a si don’t like Dan Patrick, I still couldn’t vote for the blue. Dan will probably win it but he’s done no favors to Texas teachers

Comment

I will not vote for a Democrat but that does not mean all Republicans get my vote either. If I dot agree with a certain candidate I will not vote in that race. I try to get a cursory look at all races before I go, but I will admit that with 14 pages of choices I cant remember them all. I use vote411.org to figure out what will be on my ballot, this really helps for positions that do not define a party, school board -etc. I have changed the way I vote races that I disagree with my primary party candidate over the years but I usually leave feeling I did the best I could without being in politics professionally.

Comment

I worked for a chemical plant for over 36 yrs and my retiree insurance is around $1,000 a month and teachers are complaining because their went to $300 a month. So your are going to vote for someone who believes in open borders so teachers will have more students that no comprehende englesh that we the tax payers are giving them a free education and benefits they don't deserve.

Comment

I've never voted for a Democrat before, but will this time...I wont be voting for the democrats but rather AGAINST Dan Patrick. He is killing education and teachers in our state!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm. This one has potential.

Comment

McKennen. Patrick is less than honest and has screwed firemen, cops, teachers

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        I worked for a chemical plant for over 36 yrs and my retiree insurance is around $1,000 a month and teachers are complaining because their went to $300 a month. So your are going to vote for someone who believes in open borders so teachers will have more students that no comprehende englesh that we the tax payers are giving them a free education and benefits they don't deserve.
                        Are you that misinformed? Wow! My Aunt is a retired teach and now pays $1200 a month for insurance. But you go ahead and make up numbers. Guess, what it's my vote, so I can vote how I please. You can also thank a teacher that your are able to read and comprehend this.
                        Last edited by Captain39; 10-23-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          McKennen. Patrick is less than honest and has screwed firemen, cops, teachers
                          Bingo!!!

Comment

Same here

Comment

I was a teacher for several years so I guess I will thank myself

Comment

Neither did Randy Webber! POS

Comment

Working...
                                X