X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Am I allowed to say I told you so?

Got all scared for nothin
    Him ultimately getting confirmed has nothing to do with the spectacle the Democrats made of the entire process. A complete and utter shame.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Him ultimately getting confirmed has nothing to do with the spectacle the Democrats made of the entire process. A complete and utter shame.
      yep!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        There has been, and will be more shame to come - it's the system now.

Democrat and Republican.

Comment

There has been, and will be more shame to come - it's the system now.

Democrat and Republican.
          The Republicans have not lowered themselves to such despicable levels.....yet. I think they handled the Kavanaugh BS quite well. Maybe it's time to start fighting fire with fire. Better yet would be the democrats go back to being civil, and stand on their principles, instead of using underhanded wrap up smear campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            The Republicans have not lowered themselves to such despicable levels.....yet. I think they handled the Kavanaugh BS quite well. Maybe it's time to start fighting fire with fire. Better yet would be the democrats go back to being civil, and stand on their principles, instead of using underhanded wrap up smear campaigns.
            I will agree to disagree. We were asking a President to show a Birth Certificate.

Because, you know. We allow people to run for President without checking for that stuff.

I believe the core values in both parties would be better served to be represented going forward. It can obviously never be 100% one way or the other, but there should be some semblance of respect shown to both parties. Democrats have proven that they will grasp at straws. It's embarrassing for all involved.
            Last edited by jer_james; 10-10-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I will agree to disagree. We were asking a President to show a Birth Certificate.

Because, you know. We allow people to run for President without checking for that stuff.
              And you're comparing that to the Kavanaugh smear campaign?

I guess a President who admitted to doing drugs in high school and college is less important than a SC nominee who ALLEGEDLY tried to touch a girls (.) (.)'s at the age of 15.

Comment

I believe the core values in both parties would be better served to be represented going forward. It can obviously never be 100% one way or the other, but there should be some semblance of respect shown to both parties. Democrats have proven that they will grasp at straws. It's embarrassing for all involved.

It’s politics. It all gets a little dirty and messy, but if you think for one second that the right(politicians and citizens) have lowered themselves to the level of the left then you don’t pay much attention. The Democratic Party has gone off the deep end. They’re looney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In all honesty, there were Democrats that were curious about Obama's citizenship too...
                  With a father not residing in the US in decades & a mother hopping from country to country, there was cause...

But didn't Republicans also request the same proof of Cruz?
                  Difference is, Republicans will call out their own...not seeing that from Democrats...

Sorry, the actions of the Democrats during the Kava confirmation can not be compared to any other we've seen by either side in the past...
                  (not to debate it, I just honestly can't recall anything like it)

And white washing it with a generalized statement of "they all do it" is not suffice IMO...Democrats took it too far this time & appear to be making this their future MO in politics...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                    And white washing it with a generalized statement of "they all do it" is not suffice IMO...Democrats took it too far this time & appear to be making this their future MO in politics...
                    I'm saying the pettiness and ridiculousness of it all falls under the same heading. Different levels, but all the same in my opinion.

Kavenaugh was absolutely worse, I dont question that. The problem is politics in general.

Comment

[The Clintons] were asking a President to show a Birth Certificate.

Didnt war hero McCain also get caught up that ?

Comment

I'm saying the pettiness and ridiculousness of it all falls under the same heading. Different levels, but all the same in my opinion.

Kavenaugh was absolutely worse, I dont question that. The problem is politics in general.
                        I think false sexual assault accusations are about as far as you can get from being petty (of little importance; trivial). It is nowhere near the same category as asking for a birth certificate. Can't believe you would even attempt to compare the two

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          I think false sexual assault accusations are about as far as you can get from being petty (of little importance; trivial). It is nowhere near the same category as asking for a birth certificate. Can't believe you would even attempt to compare the two
                          Yeah. One, ridiculous or not, is a simple request. They other was an active attempt at destroying a man's life for political purposes.

Comment

Different levels, but all the same in my opinion.
                            ummmmm....no sir....

Not wearing your seatbelt is illegal in Texas...
                            Munder is illegal in Texas...

Different levels.....but are they the same???!!!!
                            (that's how your comment sounds sir)

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            Yeah. One, ridiculous or not, is a simple request. They other was an active attempt at destroying a man's life for political purposes.
                            agreed.....

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Dang I wish you guys would stop quoting this... well not even sure what to call him that wouldn't get Asterisk'd out or get me banned... What a total waste of air...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                That's one point of view. There is another that is still believed by a few people that has nothing to do with politics.

If you believe an Assault took place, I would say that is worth fighting for. Timing and all else taken into consideration absolutely shows the nastiness of the political involvement, but some may believe that something did take place.

There were definitely some lies being told on both sides of the aisle.

Comment

Working...
                                X