Confirmation Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    Now Trump has ordered the FBI information. It's the only move. Without it they don't have the votes. Flake and crew are disgraces.
    And other week for the Democrats to drag/bribe additional women in front of the camera with unproven charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Now Trump has ordered the FBI information. It's the only move. Without it they don't have the votes. Flake and crew are disgraces.
      They should make Ford undergo a psychologic exam this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Didnt a vote take place?

No
        They pushed it back 4 hrs so the Dems could regurgitate the same bs that was said yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          No
          They pushed it back 4 hrs so the Dems could regurgitate the same bs that was said yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Not all the same. They had new evidence that he isn't fit to be a SC Justice. The fact that he was emotional when defending his name against baseless sexual assault accusations which have destroyed his personal life and could destroy his professional life of which the entire country has assumed he is guilty of. How dare he be emotional over that.

Comment

We are sitting on a powder keg that will not hold much longer if all this nastiness continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Let's say FBI does investigate and finds notta.

Should she go to prison? And then be fined for all she cost tax payers?
              I think she or anyone else that makes this level of accusations with absolutely no proof should do jail time.. Character assassination to this degree should be illegal..

I just read that her multiple "GO FUND ME" sites are now up to $900,000.. That should be forfeited to the true victim. The one being falsely accused...

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                We are sitting on a powder keg that will not hold much longer if all this nastiness continues.
                Culturally we are in civil civil war ... but keep wondering if this will spill over into something else ...

Comment

Romans 8:28 ...in all things God works for the good of those who love Him..

I have to hang on to 'the Truth' during times like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    Let's say FBI does investigate and finds notta.

Should she go to prison? And then be fined for all she cost tax payers?
                    Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    I think she or anyone else that makes this level of accusations with absolutely no proof should do jail time.. Character assassination to this degree should be illegal..

I just read that her multiple "GO FUND ME" sites are now up to $900,000.. That should be forfeited to the true victim. The one being falsely accused...

The problem is it is not a criminal investigation. The FBI investigation will only provide "he said this and she said that". There will be no definitive proof or declaration of guilt or innocence by the FBI.

Comment

being told Ford’s attorneys are stating no time limits to investigation

If it wasn’t a circus before it is now. Wondering is will cost GOP votes from their base?

Comment

That prosecuter lady came out and said based on what she heard there isn’t enough to investigate much less get a warrant

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                          Culturally we are in civil civil war ... but keep wondering if this will spill over into something else ...
                          Already has. Remember Steve Scalise? That would have been a mass murder of congressional Republicans had security detail not been present.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            That prosecuter lady came out and said based on what she heard there isn’t enough to investigate much less get a warrant

A warrant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think the opposition will drag out other women. I think they will seize on any little inconsistency in the FBI investigation to say they were vindicated. There tactic is to put enough pressure on the two women republican, pro choice, senators to hold up the vote until he decides to withdraw. What they didn't bet on was that he would fight rather than hide. Now he has to continue the fight or he will be seen as guilty. But this also sets up other issues once he is confirmed. His statements during yesterday's hearing will cause very strong arguments that he should recuse himself form many of the hot button issues . My read is he will, at that point, basically tell them to go sc**w themselves. I would.

Comment

I don't think the opposition will drag out other women. I think they will seize on any little inconsistency in the FBI investigation to say they were vindicated. Their tactic is to put enough pressure on the two women republican, pro choice, senators to hold up the vote until he decides to withdraw. What they didn't bet on was that he would fight rather than hide. Now he has to continue the fight or he will be seen as guilty. But this also sets up other issues once he is confirmed. His statements during yesterday's hearing will cause very strong arguments that he should recuse himself from many of the hot button issues. Basically, for the next 30 years the opposition will say "we don't have to follow the supreme court opinions because Kavenaugh should have recused himself."
                                My hope is he will, at that point, basically tell them to go sc**w themselves. I would.

Comment

Working...
                                X