This is going to be fun to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I'm asking for examples so I can show you my point.

So tell me what the right does that's bad in liberal eyes.
    We drive cars to work causing global pollution and we eat animals

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      We drive cars to work causing global pollution and we eat animals
      Maybe we monopolized all the good jobs and that's why they can't work

Comment

No one asked for the Oregon national guard...she's just some ol bitty governor who's up for re-election and wants to be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          No one asked for the Oregon national guard...she's just some ol bitty governor who's up for re-election and wants to be relevant.
          If Trump wanted to make heads explode, he could request all National Guards from Oregon be deployed to the border. I can't even imagine the **** show that would cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            If Trump wanted to make heads explode, he could request all National Guards from Oregon be deployed to the border. I can't even imagine the **** show that would cause.
            The end result will be the Oregon national guard sitting on the border and the Governor with egg on her face.

Comment

I think the real issue is a Governor of a State not understanding what National means.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I'm asking for examples so I can show you my point.

So tell me what the right does that's bad in liberal eyes.
                I’m not really sure what you mean by this or as you originally phrased - "But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution" because neither was my point. I’m not trying to dodge your question, I just don’t understand what you are asking me.

You can argue that Oregon is violating the Constitution by ignoring Trump’s order to send those troops to the border. You can also argue that Trump is violating his executive power responsibilities under the Constitution by ordering the deployment of troops to the borders without justification.

As for your comment ....you Trump haters that him so much…… I was actually a Trump supporter. While I still support him, I think his leadership as president has been miserable and I'm not going to defend him just because he is a Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                  I’m not really sure what you mean by this or as you originally phrased - "But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution" because neither was my point. I’m not trying to dodge your question, I just don’t understand what you are asking me.

You can argue that Oregon is violating the Constitution by ignoring Trump’s order to send those troops to the border. You can also argue that Trump is violating his executive power responsibilities under the Constitution by ordering the deployment of troops to the borders without justification.

As for your comment ....you Trump haters that him so much…… I was actually a Trump supporter. While I still support him, I think his leadership as president has been miserable and I'm not going to defend him just because he is a Republican.
                  His tweets are miserable, agreed....what else?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    His tweets are miserable, agreed....what else?
                    It would be silly to answer that as it is obvious from your question that we have radically opposite views of what represents quality leadership. Personally, I just expected more of him. A lot more.

Comment

Your first and last sentences kind of make my point. They’re all POS’s….but what is “so bad” about the right. That’s because we agree with their politics.

Illegal immigration across our southern borders is already at a historic low, thanks to Trump. Now he wants to mobilize the National Guard and send them to the border to further protect us? This is nothing but a political stunt.

As for your other comment, it isn’t so much against the constitution as it manipulating its boundaries and interpretation. Executive orders are routinely abused by both sides. Both sides are pro states rights when it suits them and vice versa when it doesn’t. So why do we get so upset at what the other side does then defend it when our side does the same thing? They aren’t going to change their behavior because we don’t like it. And politicians on our side aren't going to change their behavior if we defend it.
                      Cant deny any of those points! 3 card Molly and Politics are the same game!!!
                      Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      Just in case anyone's wondering where we've gone since the beginning.
                      The wall is just a metaphor, not a real thing
                      The wall is totally a real thing
                      Mexico is going to pay for it
                      Mexico is going to reimburse us at a later date after we impose import taxes
                      Congress will pay for the wall and Mexico will reimburse us
                      Congress will pay for the wall
                      The wall will pay for itself from all the economic winning
                      The military will pay for the wall
                      The military is the wall <----- We are here

Italics because I didn't write this
                      well, uh, hum,................that would be pretty much spot on!
                      Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      She just farting in the wind. The President of the United States is the commander-in-chief of the state National Guard militias "when called into the actual Service of the United States." (Article II, Section 2). Once activated the president is now commander in chief over the guard as they are now fully an active part of the US armed forces and the governor no longer has any authority over their deployment. She has no more authority over anything the guard does at this point. No command officer of the guard will go against the presidents orders else they end up in Leavenworth stockade and be dishonorably booted from the military and lose all retirement and benefits.
                      In Texas only the Texas State Guard is commanded solely by the governor. They are not National Guard which are federal troops commanded by the governor only until activated by the president.
                      Yep, she is all about publicity on this issue. Total non-sense.
                      Per you second point.........until someone is willing to GIVE UP something (retirement/benefits) the political shenanigans will just continue both all sides! WE HAVE A MESS regrettably!

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      You got it!!! 15 minutes of TV time and she is out of the news cycle.......lol.

Comment

It would be silly to answer that as it is obvious from your question that we have radically opposite views of what represents quality leadership. Personally, I just expected more of him. A lot more.
                        You wanting someone who acts like a " leader " with no results or What?
                        Seems to me a leader gets things done and probably is not real popular.

Comment

You wanting someone who acts like a " leader " with no results or What?
                          Seems to me a leader gets things done and probably is not real popular.
                          Are you suggesting then that by comparison, Obama was a good leader? Or did you leave out the part that goes to the point I was making - if you agree with the results?

Obama drove a wedge into this country deeper than ever in modern times. Trump is cementing it in place. We just have different definitions and expectations of leadership.

Comment

Its just another example of Obstruction of justice... These idiots wont stop until they are actually prosecuted and do jail time for obstruction... I don't understand how they keep getting a pass on this type of crap..

Comment

Are you suggesting then that by comparison, Obama was a good leader? Or did you leave out the part that goes to the point I was making - if you agree with the results?

Obama drove a wedge into this country deeper than ever in modern times. Trump is cementing it in place. We just have different definitions and expectations of leadership.
                              Trump has nothing to do with the wedge you mention...the media is 100% responsible for that wedge. Trump is an embarrassment from time to time but he has gotten results like no other president since Reagan. Obama would have had an approval rating of 0 if the media had not had his back and as for leadership he was about as bad as Carter. Leadership means results and results is all we have gotten since the election. If anyone can't see that, they are intentially putting the blinders on

Comment

Trump is an embarrassment from time to time but he has gotten results like no other president since Reagan.
                                If that is what you believe - after less than 2 years in office - then he is your guy for sure. At least one of us has a president they can respect and be proud of.

Comment

Working...
                                X