No announcement yet.

Ashamed of Fox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peters was a never trumper, never really did like him much anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
      Are you referring to Trump's stance of "Take the guns first", due process later? Because that is very telling.
      I guess I missed that. Where and when did Trump ever say "take the guns first"???

No I was talking about Peters stance on wanting to ban AR's...
      It shows his stupidity and it proves, to me, my suspicions about the guy...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        I guess I missed that. Where and when did Trump ever say "take the guns first"???

He said it at a recent town hall. Pence tried to correct him and he doubled down. Feinstein was loving him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

Read the first page

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            Nah I'm good..
            He is still 10,000 times better for this countries future than Hitlary would have been and that's a fact....

Comment

I'm tired of Fox's bias and think we would be much better served as a party if Fox would ditch the bias, starting with Hannity, Pirro, et al. If we truly believe that Republican leadership, values, and tactics are on average more honest and honorable than of those of the Democrats, why wouldn't it better if Fox called a spade a spade, regardless which party?

Cable news and MSM are always going to ignore the stuff that makes Dems look bad. Of course, Fox does report it but it just gets dismissed as "Fox lies", hence we're the only ones who even know about it. Maybe the best way to finally expose the media's liberal bias is for all to see who actually is fair and balanced.

Good for Peters for holding Fox to a higher standard. It is clear that CNN and others have none whatsoever. It has to catch up with them sometime. I hope.

Comment

Nah I'm good..
                He is still 10,000 times better for this countries future than Hitlary would have been and that's a fact....
                I dont think anyone disagrees with that, but many wish there had been other choices. One isnt required to be happy with their choice when they pick the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  I dont think anyone disagrees with that, but many wish there had been other choices. One isnt required to be happy with their choice when they pick the lesser of two evils.
                  When was the last time it came down to the final 2 in a Presidential election did we have any other choice but a lesser of 2 evils?

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Imagine that....a reasoned observation from Landrover.

For a second I thought Peters was talking about the CEP forum when I read "dismiss facts and empirical reality", lol.

On behalf of independent-minded Americans, we welcome Lt Col Peters to the ranks of the anti-ideologues.

THANK YOU!!! Ideologues on both sides are KILLING this country! I pray for the day when the Rush listeners, CNN/MSNBC/FoX watchers all wake up and realize “WE ARE ALL GETTING PLAYED!!!” The true enemies of our country are using ideology to destroy us from within.

Comment

One thing i've learned from this forum is that if I have an opinion it means I'm an "ideologue" and therefore my opinion is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by clay c View Post
                        one thing i've learned from this forum is that if i have an opinion it means i'm an "ideologue" and therefore my opinion is invalid.
                        word

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          One thing i've learned from this forum is that if I have an opinion it means I'm an "ideologue" and therefore my opinion is invalid.
                          I'm also confused as to where a person is supposed to get information.
                          I listen to Rush, watch at least an hour of MSNBC several times a week ( when im at the fire department),read articles from just about every news source possible and yet it appears im supposed to base my opinions on nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I'm also confused as to where a person is supposed to get information.
                            I listen to Rush, watch at least an hour of MSNBC several times a week ( when im at the fire department),read articles from just about every news source possible and yet it appears im supposed to base my opinions on nothing.
                            No where. You're just supposed to not choose sides on anything. There are a few benefits to this.

A. you can shout down anyone with a snarky comment while calling them an "ideaogue"

B. You never have to worry about possibly being wrong.

C. You can just ride the fence and talk about how both sides are big meanies, even when a very specific issue or person is being discussed.

Comment

I think you just have to be smart enough to know the motives of the person(s) selling you the bs. The media in general is just there for ratings and to make $$$. If you get a little news out of it, then so be it. Seems like 95% is opinion and 5% is fact. It is up to you to figure out which is which.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                                I think you just have to be smart enough to know the motives of the person(s) selling you the bs. The media in general is just there for ratings and to make $$$. If you get a little news out of it, then so be it. Seems like 95% is opinion and 5% is fact. It is up to you to figure out which is which.
                                This is 100% correct. My strategy is often get headlines from major outlets, then research for myself.

However, just because someone watches Fox, CNN etc. and has the same perspective as someone on those channels doesn't mean they are blindly following. We tend to gravitate towards people with ideas we agree with and have things in common with. It's human nature.

Also, If I think Ralph Peters is a moron, it does not mean I'm a Fox news loving, idealogical, activist.

I'll also add that FOX news isn't exactly a bastion of conservative thinking like everyone thinks it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X