This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boblee View Post
    C'mon, give up and stop it. The link says absolutely nothing about anybody getting shot. In fact, it says right away that no one was injured. Only you could try to get around what Ironman said (paraphrased) "A dumbass teacher let a gun go off and shot up the ceiling, etc."

And no, I'm not in complete agreement with arming a bunch of teachers. Ain't very many of them (or at least many of the ones that I've known) that had / have the knowledge, experience with firearms and are capable of handling that responsibility. A few, yes. But **** few. And that statement isn't applicable to only educators - but to people in all lines of work.

Bob Lee

I really don't have a dog in this hunt, may kids are grown and their kids go to a school that already arms their teachers but as a man....
    If there was some nut case shooting up a school and all the coaches ran away, I would think them a coward.
    How can I ask or expect them to charge into a fight to save the kids and not give him the tools he needs to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
      The dramatics the those of you opposed to people protecting themselves is amazing.I'm sure it works well in your circle of liberal friends.

DJ
      Now that was kinda tacky.
      I am not opposed in any way to people protecting themselves. What kind of fool would be? I believe the 2nd Amendment should be left-the-hell-alone. And although I personally got no use for "assault" type weapons (I'm an afficionado of "classic" rifles), if other people want the ugly pos's, that's their business. Own 'em, I don't care.

Lastly (and I mean lastly), my circle of friends includes both liberals and conservatives - mostly conservatives. Find somebody else to eff with. I won't accommodate you beyond this little reply.

Bob Lee
      Last edited by boblee; 03-15-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        I really don't have a dog in this hunt, may kids are grown and their kids go to a school that already arms their teachers but as a man....
        If there was some nut case shooting up a school and all the coaches ran away, I would think them a coward.
        How can I ask or expect them to charge into a fight to save the kids and not give him the tools he needs to do it.
        Arm some of them - with careful and thorough vetting. How that could be done? I don't know. But however it's done, don't tell any students or anyone outside "the need to know" circle. Let whoever tries something guess. And more security guards, both outside and roaming the halls - whatever it costs.
        I think.
        But there ain't no perfect answer as we've just seen with the fool not checking to see if it was loaded before holding class.

And that's more than enough outa me for today.
        Bob Lee

Comment

Here's a guy that joined the forum in November of 2014 and is already a "Ten Point" and has YET to post anything that contributes positively to the forum. I hate using the "Ignore list" but if ever there was a member here that I have do desire to see ANYTHING he posts, it's this joker...

Please, Y'all DO NOT QUOTE this peckerhead so those of us that accidentally get on a thread where he posts won't have to see his drivel!

Personally, I like Casey's advice. He should go find somewhere else to post cause he sure don't have any friends here.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
            Now that was kinda tacky.
            I am not opposed in any way to people protecting themselves. What kind of fool would be? I believe the 2nd Amendment should be left-the-hell-alone. And although I personally got no use for "assault" type weapons (I'm an afficionado of "classic" rifles), if other people want the ugly pos's, that's their business. Own 'em, I don't care.

Lastly (and I mean lastly), my circle of friends includes both liberals and conservatives - mostly conservatives. Find somebody else to eff with. I won't accommodate you beyond this little reply.

Bob Lee
            I don't really care who your friends are.Your claim that teachers or folks in other lines of work can't handle the responsibility of being armed is ludicrous at best.I'm not "effing" with you, just responding to your , uninformed,inaccurate, dramatic comment.
            I also don't care if you reply or not.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              It's on a thousand news sources
              Are you saying this is fake
              He only shot two kids and not 3?
              Is shooting only 2 kids in a gun safety class better than shooting 3?
              Yeah? List half of them.

Let me guess... gizmodo?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                This is not at all the way you framed the thread with your original post. Your thread title is misleading and inflammatory. The news stories don't even frame the story the way you did.

If you can't figure out how to post without instigating, find another forum on which to participate.
                That'll shut him up....Thanks

Comment

Let me find a forum that is 99.9% conservative and post my liberal views on a daily basis.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    Just curious how many hunting related threads the OP has started/posted in.

ZERO...but if you start a “Prius” thread he’d be all over it![emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      This is not at all the way you framed the thread with your original post. Your thread title is misleading and inflammatory. The news stories don't even frame the story the way you did.

If you can't figure out how to post without instigating, find another forum on which to participate.
                      Casey....as a Mod can you please consider implementing a “like” button so members can quickly “vote” on individual posts in a thread? You just don’t know how much I want to LIKE this post my friend. I guess the thumbs up emoji is the best I can do.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Here's a guy that joined the forum in November of 2014 and is already a "Ten Point" and has YET to post anything that contributes positively to the forum. I hate using the "Ignore list" but if ever there was a member here that I have do desire to see ANYTHING he posts, it's this joker...

Please, Y'all DO NOT QUOTE this peckerhead so those of us that accidentally get on a thread where he posts won't have to see his drivel!

Personally, I like Casey's advice. He should go find somewhere else to post cause he sure don't have any friends here.
                      And Charlie gets 2 of them for this!!

Comment

We can certainly tolerate viewpoints other than our own and we should all strive harder to do so. However, threads titled like this one, that are not supported in the included content or links are problematic. They serve no purpose but to be divisive.

It's time to close it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X