School security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Perhaps she should have the ability to protect herself then.
    A fact she has discussed. It's a tough situation to put them in.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      No you missed the point. 4 men with training and a gun did nothing and hid behind policy as an excuse for their inability to engage in the situation. Men who chose the line of work to protect and serve.

Our educators shouldn't have to be put in this situation. We have an obligation to fix it. Banning guns isn't the answer but stopping them from getting inside the school is.

Hows that working out?.. i mean besides for the bad guys that dont pay attention to rules and such.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Hows that working out?.. i mean besides for the bad guys that dont pay attention to rules and such.
        It isn't going to change until we fix it. To just keep claiming bad people do bad things is a smoke screen.

Australia banned guns. Look how many mass shootings have occurred since. It's coming here if we don't find an otherwise working solution.

And it sure isn't expecting our teachers to be armed guards.

Comment

It isn't going to change until we fix it. To just keep claiming bad people do bad things is a smoke screen.

Australia banned guns. Look how many mass shootings have occurred since. It's coming here if we don't find an otherwise working solution.

Claiming bad people do bad things is not a smoke screen, ITS THE TRUTH!

No one is expecting our teachers to be armed guards. Get over that one. People are saying that IF teachers so choose to carry, that should be considered.

Comment

Mass shootings have declined. Murder and assault cases have increased utilizing other objects such as knives and clubs.

Comment

Well, none of the solutions offered appease you. You sure seem open to the lefts' gun control argument....heck, you just used Australia as a reference.

I'm all for securing our schools, armed security, trained volunteers and staff. The NRA has been screaming this for several years. MSM is keying in one one little piece that Trump talked about and running with it solely. You seem to have taken the bait. We all agree having teachers carry will not be enough, but it is part of the solution. There are several educators on this site that would love to have the option to protect themselves and their students, instead of relying on a Gun Free Zone sign out by the road.

Comment

Hard to kill 50 people in a night club or 17 children in a school with a knife or club.

That arguement won't hold water. The bottom line is thus far only a conservative SCOTUS ruling on the 2nd is keeping us in our guns.

We don't want a ban we had best find solutions that work better than what we've done so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                  claiming bad people do bad things is not a smoke screen, its the truth!

No one is expecting our teachers to be armed guards. Get over that one. People are saying that if teachers so choose to carry, that should be considered.
                  x100

Comment

Teachers being armed is not part of the solution. It's a last line if defense.

We can get the NCIS system updated in a few months IF we put the people to work doing it. That takes money invested in states that now aren't doing it.

We can have hardened shook entrance points in a matter of weeks. But we would rather spend money on football and 350 student marching bands.

The bottom line is our elected officials have chosen to let this happen. The left is screaming at them to take away guns. We should be screaming for them to do what is right and will work.

Comment

Hard to kill 50 people in a night club or 17 children in a school with a knife or club.

That arguement won't hold water. The bottom line is thus far only a conservative SCOTUS ruling on the 2nd is keeping us in our guns.

We don't want a ban we had best find solutions that work better than what we've done so far.

Cold Dead Hands......school shootings will be nothing compared to what would take place if that ball ever got rolling. Never happen.

U-haul truck, pressure cooker, private airplane loaded with fuel......hell, 10 gallons of gas and a flare gun in the right location could kill hundreds.

Comment

The argument that some teachers are unwilling and/or incapable of using a gun doesn't invalidate the argument for allowing teachers who ARE willing and capable to carry in school. If a teacher isn't comfortable carrying or keeping a weapon in his/her classroom, then they shouldn't do it. But just because they're not capable doesn't mean that the teacher in the room across the hall from them who IS capable should have to remain unarmed and defenseless. That's the dumbest and weakest argument I hear on this topic, and I hear it from lots of people. If you're not willing and able to defend yourself and the kids in your classroom, then step aside and get out of the way so others can.

When more teachers ARE armed at school, the need to use those weapons will be far less common. Cowards go there to shoot people because they know that there are no guns there. When guns are there to be used to shoot back, most of those cowards will never show up in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          Claiming bad people do bad things is not a smoke screen, ITS THE TRUTH!

No one is expecting our teachers to be armed guards. Get over that one. People are saying that IF teachers so choose to carry, that should be considered.
                          Yes it is the truth. Saying we can't do something to keep bad people from terrorizing the community is a farce.

Look at the revolving door penal system. We give bad people every opportunity to do bad things then more bad things.

Y'all want to pick things out of what I say and use them out of context that's fine. But the reality is in the end, if we just keep usingvthevsame rhetoric and buying off politicians through the NRA then at some point it's going to collapse around us.

Comment

Teachers being armed is not part of the solution. It's a last line if defense.

We can get the NCIS system updated in a few months IF we put the people to work doing it. That takes money invested in states that now aren't doing it.

We can have hardened shook entrance points in a matter of weeks. But we would rather spend money on football and 350 student marching bands.

The bottom line is our elected officials have chosen to let this happen. The left is screaming at them to take away guns. We should be screaming for them to do what is right and will work.

No **** Sherlock! The NRA has been pushing for unqualified people to be entered into the NCIS for years. The laws are there. This last shooter had red flags out the wazoo and should have been arrested many times and entered into the NCIS system. Allegedly, Broward County was not pursuing criminal students in order to make the school district look better. Prosecute those responsible for such blatant disregard for law.

Oh yeah! And make commissioning a crime with a firearm illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Cold Dead Hands......school shootings will be nothing compared to what would take place if that ball ever got rolling. Never happen.

U-haul truck, pressure cooker, private airplane loaded with fuel......hell, 10 gallons of gas and a flare gun in the right location could kill hundreds.
                              You are right. A big truck crashing down a busy street. The Vegas shooter could have killed more with a semi truck then he did with his rifles.

Comment

Yes it is the truth. Saying we can't do something to keep bad people from terrorizing the community is a farce.

Look at the revolving door penal system. We give bad people every opportunity to do bad things then more bad things.

Y'all want to pick things out of what I say and use them out of context that's fine. But the reality is in the end, if we just keep usingvthevsame rhetoric and buying off politicians through the NRA then at some point it's going to collapse around us.

Again! I don't consider politicians who stand up for the constitution as being bought off by the NRA.

Comment

Working...
                                X