Walmart and Dicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Not to say that I am ok with these companies decisions, but I just wanted to point out that our armed services are voluntary, and no one is no longer required to serve, or die defending freedoms.

I wonder where and when the apology to the cake maker who was forced to do business against his beliefs will happen. If the government can force companies to do that then they should be able to force retailers to comply with federal law right?

Bass pro and Cabelas will be next, and before the weekend I bet. And Academy will follow suit shortly after.
    They may not be required to serve, but they are still required to sign up within 30 days of their 18th birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
      If companies can refuse to sell to young ADULTS, how about old folks??? What about black people??? Mexicans?? How exactly is any of this legal??
      Maybe a bunch of young adults need to get together and sue someone in the name of discrimination. That's how it would happen from anyone else you mentioned.
      Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 02-28-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        They may not be required to serve, but they are still required to sign up within 30 days of their 18th birthday.
        Ok and? They are also required to file a W4 within 30 days of employment.

Comment

Mass hysteria yikes !!!

Comment

Ok and? They are also required to file a W4 within 30 days of employment.
            Why make them register with Selective Service at 18 if they can't legally buy a gun or ammo? This has nothing to do with W4's or employment.

Comment

Not to say that I am ok with these companies decisions, but I just wanted to point out that our armed services are voluntary, and no one is no longer required to serve, or die defending freedoms.

I wonder where and when the apology to the cake maker who was forced to do business against his beliefs will happen. If the government can force companies to do that then they should be able to force retailers to comply with federal law right?

Bass pro and Cabelas will be next, and before the weekend I bet. And Academy will follow suit shortly after.

Hmmmm do we no longer have to register with the SS?

I don’t think BP/Cabelas (one in the same now) will cave in but it wouldn’t surprise me to see the wusses at Academy bow down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't have an issue with it
                They moved drinking age from 18 to 21 without moving military and voting laws.
                I never shop at walmart thou.

Comment

Another example of responsible people being punished because of a few idiots. Our society has EVERYTHING backwards these days.

Comment

Maybe a bunch of young adults need to get together and sue someone in the name of discrimination. That's how it would happen from anyone else you mentioned.
                    I was just commenting that it looks like the biggest retailer is setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit.

Comment

I guess the penal code will be changing. Surely we wouldn't have a govt that would send a 17 year old to prison for life but that same kid cant buy a Ruger 22.

Comment

Has Trump blamed the FBI for this yet?

Comment

I never go in Walmart. Can't stand the place.

Comment

Anyone needing a straw purchase I’ll do it for a case of beer.

Comment

Dicks carry’s guns??? Hmmm.... I just go there for kids baseball stuff and shoes.

I’m sure this made Cabelas, BPS, Academy et al happy.

Dems/libs are great for gun sales.

Comment

Walmart quit selling guns in the Beaumont store a long time ago, but they still sell ammo. The Lumberton wm still sells a few firearms but I haven't seen a black gun there in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X