Walmart Chang in gun policy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
    The constitutional amendment means squat with a private enterprise and its store policy. Just like the first amendment you have the freedom of speech which protects you from the government but doesn't mean you can't suffer consequences for your speech at work.
    I agree but that is not what you stated. You stated that you wonder why folks don't complain about not being able to buy sharpies or washer fluid from the same private enterprise.

Comment

Lower the age to buy a handgun from a dealer/carry a handgun/drinking age to 18. That way it’s all the same as voting and joining the military.

Comment

and tobaccy' !!

Comment

I guess since I refuse to shop at either of those two stores I don’t care. I do think it’s crazy that you can go die for your country at 18 but can’t buy a deer rifle....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            No college student should ever be allowed to vote, nor anyone who doesn't pay taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Good to know you would alienate all the young conservatives...

Comment

They are also raising the age to 21 to buy ammo at Walmart

In light of recent events, we’ve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change.

Comment

While we are at it, ban cell phones, computers, alcohol, abortion, video games, etc. You get the picture. Anything that is bad for you in any way. Next thing you know, this country would fall back to a third world country.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                  I agree but that is not what you stated. You stated that you wonder why folks don't complain about not being able to buy sharpies or washer fluid from the same private enterprise.
                  I have lost you. I was referring to another Walmart Policy regarding age restrictions on several different products as a comparison to this new Walmart Policy regarding the sale of long guns. Both are the same type of policy just one invokes the public where the other doesn't. I wasn't trying to make any 2nd amendment references if it came across that way my apologies as it wasn't meant too.
                  Also don't get me wrong I work for Walmart but that doesn't mean I agree with their policies when it comes to firearms which is why I choose to buy all my firearms from smaller dealers. They are entitled to make their policy and I will follow it at work, but at the end of the day when I get off work I can go make my purchase with an establishment that is more in line with me. Just like someone posted on another thread Walmart policies change with the wind so it really shouldn't be surprising they done this.

Comment

Horn Chaser, I'm with you and I agree. What I was trying to say is that the reason people get worked up over something like this versus the selling of sharpies etc, is because we hold our 2A rights in high regard and don't like when anything threatens it. I agree it is their store and their right but they shouldn't be surprised by 2A supporters voicing their opinion of the policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                      Horn Chaser, I'm with you and I agree. What I was trying to say is that the reason people get worked up over something like this versus the selling of sharpies etc, is because we hold our 2A rights in high regard and don't like when anything threatens it. I agree it is their store and their right but they shouldn't be surprised by 2A supporters voicing their opinion of the policy.
                      Now I am with you Neck and I agree with you. Sad thing is I can remember when you could buy handguns at Walmart but they made a policy change about selling them years ago due to pressure about handguns at the time.

Comment

I guess it’s fair game for the NRA to sue Walmart on behalf of 18-20yr discrimination given you get sued for not wanting to bake a gay wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          Look like ole trump is a sell out.

Yep....waiting for Team Deplorable to call for a Trump boycott.

Comment

Hell, more people are killed each year by hand guns a year than AR style firearms, if its such a big deal how come nothing has ever been said about handguns? Libtards are just scared of the way AR's look. Besides, even more people are killed by texting and driving each year than handguns and AR style guns put together. Doesn't mean you should have to be 21 to buy a cell phone or drive. Too many rainbow babies in this country if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                              I’m not saying I disagree with what your saying but do you think the same thing in regards to alcohol?
                              If someone is old enough to serve in the military, should they be able to drink?
                              Dang right. I was old enough to die in Vietnam but couldn't buy beer or even vote. Don't seem right to me.

If your old enough to die for this country you should be old enough to enjoy what it has to offer.

My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish-n-Hunt17 View Post
                                if its such a big deal how come nothing has ever been said about handguns? Too many rainbow babies in this country if you ask me
                                Patience Grasshopper - one step at a time for the anti’s. Get the scary high capacity military style gun first and then go for the handguns which are concealable.

Comment

Working...
                                X