Florida school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    Seems like a good career for military vets that have returned home and are looking for a new job. Have them coach sports and teach classes as well so the pay isn’t completely “additional.” Glock 19 with a red dot concealed on their person, and AR’s secured where they can be used if time allows. They should be wearing plain clothes and fly under the radar.

I’d trust a guy who has been shot at regularly and killed a bunch of terrorists over a cop who sits in his car presenting a clear target and qualifies with his duty weapon once a year.

Schools also have PA systems that can spread the word to everyone quickly, which should help their response if utilized properly.
    I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Unless you're shooting 500 rounds per day, I don't trust you can make that shot in a high intense setting

If we had Seal Team 6 level security at each school I'd be ok with it but I'm sure it will be a flashlight cop with a pellet gun level of training
      But, if the teachers were armed would they have had a better or worse chance of stopping something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
        But, if the teachers were armed would they have had a better or worse chance of stopping something like this?
        All I know for sure is, If I'm unarmed, I have ZERO chance of stopping it.

Comment

Question:
          How many schools get shot up in Europe and Australia combined?

We should do whatever they are doing to reduce the number of school shootings we have
          I heard a stat on FOX news this evening that 91% of all fatalities, that occur in schools, throughout the world, occur in the USA..
          If that's even remotely close to being true then that it is totally unexceptable and scary..

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            All I know for sure is, If I'm unarmed, I have ZERO chance of stopping it.
            Exactly!

Comment

These aren't battle hardened terrorists willing to fight to the death. Most off themselves as soon as the police arrive.
              They go to a place they expect no resistance and everyone to cower or run. A guard or properly trained teacher could offer enough resistance to stop the attack.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                I heard a stat on FOX news this evening that 91% of all fatalities, that occur in schools, throughout the world, occur in the USA..
                If that's even remotely close to being true then that it is totally unexceptable and scary..
                We're angry & violent society which I don't see changing. I returned from Japan last week, last years murder count with firearms was a six.

Comment

Most times it's random selection but in times like these some hot shot attorney will volunteer to take the case pro bono for the notieriety.

I have a buddy thats a administrative attorney (social security cases and what not) said that he had to fight for this child mol3ster to get $735 a month for the rest of his life in disability.
                  He won the case but he said he was hoping he would lose.

That's just the way a lot of pro bono work is.
                  Our constitution requires the perp to have proper representation or the case could be thrown out altogether
                  Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  If they have a Public Defenders Office and she works there, she could have been ordered to take the case. She can’t refuse if she wants to keep her job.

If they don’t have a PDO, some jurisdictions require attorneys in private practice to take appointments at the request of a judge. So she could have been ordered by a judge to handle the case.

Once you are ordered to take the case you are ethically obligated to be a zealous advocate. No way around it.

I can’t imagine anyone in private practice handling that for notoriety because it’s only going to be bad. Plus, you have to self finance the defense. Unless she is really bored, really rich or both, she was likely ordered to handle case.

And it’s going to be a miserable ride. I would not have given press conference or released a statement either.

Thanks guys, I get that they have to have proper representation. I guess my question was more in line with are these people volunteering for cases like this, or is it more likely someone is pointing a finger and saying "Your taking that case". From what y'all posted it appears she could have been ordered to. Either way, I don't see how any human being could enthusiastically represent someone like that, Even if required to. I think that would be the moment I quit.

Comment

Tell me places that are not gun free?
                    Military bases?
                    They've gotten shot up before.
                    Police stations?
                    Cop got killed with his own firearm!
                    Actually where the guys attacked the military base they couldn’t carry there, so yes gun free

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                      We're angry & violent society which I don't see changing. I returned from Japan last week, last years murder count with firearms was a six.
                      That's very telling...

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        These aren't battle hardened terrorists willing to fight to the death. Most off themselves as soon as the police arrive.
                        They go to a place they expect no resistance and everyone to cower or run. A guard or properly trained teacher could offer enough resistance to stop the attack.
                        I disagree - They may off themselves, but they do it there because they have endured being bullied and treated like outcasts.

Mentally unstable white kids are the issue when it comes to school shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                          True, but that's comparing apples to oranges. Japan is incredibly homogeneous with strong shared values. Being the most diverse society the world has ever known ethnically, culturally, ideologically etc. carries it's own set of problems. I'm not saying diversity is a bad thing by any means, you just can't really compare a melting pot of culture and values to places with steadfast culture and values.

Comment

So it seems the White Supremacist thing was fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              True, but that's comparing apples to oranges. Japan is incredibly homogeneous with strong shared values. Being the most diverse society the world has ever known ethnically, culturally, ideologically etc. carries it's own set of problems. I'm not saying diversity is a bad thing by any means, you just can't really compare a melting pot of culture and values to places with steadfast culture and values.
                              I worked for the Japanese for 8 years.. I learned a lot about their culture in that time.. They do not tolerate many things that we let slide.. I mean 0 tolerance.. Thieves are almost non existent over there..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                I worked for the Japanese for 8 years.. I learned a lot about their culture in that time.. They do not tolerate many things that we let slide.. I mean 0 tolerance.. Thieves are almost non existent over there..
                                Exactly. Their culture doesn't tolerate it and Therefore the punishments are much more severe. What are the odds we could, as a nation, agree to levy stiffer punishments on thieves? Politics/Legislation is down stream of culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X