Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
    Not so much tough but real. The problem is with the bad policy.

Lets compare this incident to shopping in a retail store. It is an industry standard to retain the right to refuse sale to anyone and most have a removal policy.

Now, here you are shopping. Not doing anything wrong at all, and are told to leave. Then, some mall cop tries to force you out. Are you seriously going to just comply? If so, Id say you are incredibly weak. Now, Id probably just leave because eff that store.

However, on a plane, the stakes are higher. There is work, family, etc waiting on your return. Also, what if your kids where there and they tried seperating you by force. What then? Its obvious in the video the airline and the rent a cops werent engaged in meaningful discussion and reason had left the plane. In a similar case, they are going to be listening when you tell them of your kids.

Suppose you comply and they use force anyway. Are you not going to act in protection of your kids?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1) if a store doesn't want my money, I have no intention of begging them to let me shop there. If they ask me to leave, I'll leave and that doesn't make me weak.
    2) you can't go by the video. You know the video doesn't show the entire exchange. I have a feeling they asked nicely at first. Also, there is a 0% chance they would try to forcibly separate you from your kids. You are grasping at straws there.
    3) I look at the plane as "their house". If I ask you to leave my house, you will leave my house. If I have to ask you more than twice, you're gonna leave the same way this jackass left the plane. Bottom line is he was asked to exit the plane and he threw a little temper tantrum instead of doing the adult thing and leaving. Doesn't bother me one bit that he caught a small beat down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      Point taken ... I was thinking that he could leave on his own or be removed. He chose the latter of the two. They probably expected him to leave peacefully once the three security guys showed up.
      I completely agree - He chose which path was to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
        Yes, most certainly....when taken out of context of the financial implications this incident will have on UAL's overall profitability

So will they make up the $1 billion by the end of June?

Comment

However, on a plane, the stakes are higher. There is work, family, etc waiting on your return. Also, what if your kids where there and they tried seperating you by force. What then? Its obvious in the video the airline and the rent a cops werent engaged in meaningful discussion and reason had left the plane. In a similar case, they are going to be listening when you tell them of your kids.

Suppose you comply and they use force anyway. Are you not going to act in protection of your kids?
          Lets say the policy read "airlines have the right to rape you at their wim" and this was SOP across the industry. No one cares because, really, its not gonna happen... until it does.
          Its a bad policy, regardless of whether its an industry standard.
          I have a feeling sweeping change may be in the horizon.
          This is what I'm talking about - Rape and protecting his Children ?

Literally has ZERO to do with this situation.

Use the facts given and reach a reasonable conclusion, it is not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
            1) if a store doesn't want my money, I have no intention of begging them to let me shop there. If they ask me to leave, I'll leave and that doesn't make me weak.
            2) you can't go by the video. You know the video doesn't show the entire exchange. I have a feeling they asked nicely at first. Also, there is a 0% chance they would try to forcibly separate you from your kids. You are grasping at straws there.
            3) I look at the plane as "their house". If I ask you to leave my house, you will leave my house. If I have to ask you more than twice, you're gonna leave the same way this jackass left the plane. Bottom line is he was asked to exit the plane and he threw a little temper tantrum instead of doing the adult thing and leaving. Doesn't bother me one bit that he caught a small beat down.

Very good points... it's important for the airlines to be able to control who boards and who don't and it's equally important for the passengers to do as they are requested. The last thing you want is chaos on an airplane at 30000 feet.

Comment

Lol...contract attorneys went away and apparently all bets from the uneducated have been called off. Btw, hello!

Comment

Comment

I dont care what the 'policy' states. If you try to physically move me, when I havent done anything wrong, Im going to lay the hurt down and there will be pain. Likewise, I know that if I do something to warrant removal and I do not comply, Im expecting use of force.
                  Lets say the policy read "airlines have the right to rape you at their wim" and this was SOP across the industry. No one cares because, really, its not gonna happen... until it does.
                  Its a bad policy, regardless of whether its an industry standard.
                  I have a feeling sweeping change may be in the horizon.

There was pain when they removed that dude from the flight...he was in pain so...you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty View Post
                    Lol...contract attorneys went away and apparently all bets from the uneducated have been called off. Btw, hello!
                    Welcome to TBH! Glad to see you jumped right on into the fire! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                      Very good points... it's important for the airlines to be able to control who boards and who don't and it's equally important for the passengers to do as they are requested. The last thing you want is chaos on an airplane at 30000 feet.

Exactly. There has to be order. Could the airline have handled it differently? Absolutely. But to say this man is owed anything is ludicrous. He got exactly what was owed to him, a swift thump on the noggin.

Comment

Exactly. There has to be order. Could the airline have handled it differently? Absolutely. But to say this man is owed anything is ludicrous. He got exactly what was owed to him, a swift thump on the noggin.

I'll take a thump on the noggin for what hes about to be paid for not deserving anything...

Comment

#2. No one ever expects to be removed, by force or other means, from a plane when their behavior doesnt warrant removal. Ask nicely? Ok, I refuse, nicely. Now what? In all truth, Id bargain. But, if they refuse my reasonable request for increased compensation I will stand my ground. Because there is zero expectation of the use of force for a nonviolent issue

#3 The plane is not "thier house". Period. Castle doctrine does not apply and they have zero reason to have similar ownership feelings. Using force in this issue is inexcusable. They asked for volunteers not recruits.

#1 I agree, as stated previously. But, he chose to disagree and should never have been subjected to violence.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                            There was pain when they removed that dude from the flight...he was in pain so...you are correct.
                            Ha! Made me laugh [emoji2]

In addition to my pain, they would also be in pain.

Comment

Many missing point: At the root of the issue is whether dead-head United crew heading to Louisville gets to bump paid, boarded, seated passenger. Answer is absolutely not.

It is not industry standard for seated passengers to be involuntarily removed in favor of airline employees. Two ways to get airline employees to Louisville: buy them tickets on another airline or drive. Also, very easy to have raised voucher offer until someone raised their hand to voluntarily give up their seat. Info above provided by a retired career American Airlines employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                                Welcome to TBH! Glad to see you jumped right on into the fire! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                lol...I wanted to post when this first started but I wasn't approved by an administrator yet. Did not want my first post to be on such a controversial topic but this was just chocked full of nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X