No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United CEO on the news this morning making statements. He is in full crawfish mode but sliding some blame to local LE, which is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      United CEO on the news this morning making statements. He is in full crawfish mode but sliding some blame to local LE, which is warranted.
      He should be, and I agree, it is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        He should be, and I agree, it is warranted.
        Deflecting...par for the course at this point. Who ordered the guy removed from the plane ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
          Deflecting...par for the course at this point. Who ordered the guy removed from the plane ?
          There is no deflection - there is blame for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by SBXT View Post
            Based on the way you phrased things you would've lost this bet already.
            Yes, most certainly....when taken out of context of the financial implications this incident will have on UAL's overall profitability

Comment

There is no deflection - there is blame for everyone.
              I should have said "distributing"....who ordered the man taken off the plane ? Did they remove him as requested from the plane ? How else where they going to get him off the plane ? Coax him off with a doughnut ?
              Last edited by Hydestik; 04-12-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Comment

I should have said "distributing"....who ordered the man taken of the plane ? Did they remove him as requested from the plane ?
                  Were they within their rights to remove him from the plane ?

There was a reason the security office was suspended.

Comment

I agree that United is part of the blame but the "ordering" of an illegal act that was followed by LE still puts LE in the wrong with United. I think since 9/11 airport security/LE has gotten out of control to where LE isn't even questioning the airlines, they call LE hauls, no questions asked. Any security issue that arises just because its in an airport now is escalated to a very high threat level. Bottom line, a representative of a corporation cant order the assault of a human by LE and the LEO should of known better.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      THERE WILL BE PAIN !
                      he sounds like someone begging to be tazed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                        😂

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                          you sound super tough lol.
                          Not so much tough but real. The problem is with the bad policy.

Lets compare this incident to shopping in a retail store. It is an industry standard to retain the right to refuse sale to anyone and most have a removal policy.

Now, here you are shopping. Not doing anything wrong at all, and are told to leave. Then, some mall cop tries to force you out. Are you seriously going to just comply? If so, Id say you are incredibly weak. Now, Id probably just leave because eff that store.

However, on a plane, the stakes are higher. There is work, family, etc waiting on your return. Also, what if your kids where there and they tried seperating you by force. What then? Its obvious in the video the airline and the rent a cops werent engaged in meaningful discussion and reason had left the plane. In a similar case, they are going to be listening when you tell them of your kids.

Suppose you comply and they use force anyway. Are you not going to act in protection of your kids?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe the WORST rebuttal I have ever read here - and I have read a lot.
                            What are your thoughts on forced re-accomodation?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Were they within their rights to remove him from the plane ?

There was a reason the security office was suspended.
                              Point taken ... I was thinking that he could leave on his own or be removed. He chose the latter of the two. They probably expected him to leave peacefully once the three security guys showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
                                Huh? Everything i have claimed is the way the airline business works...globally for the most part...i didn't make the rules, i'm simply informed of them

You don't understand short selling, i suspect....well you probably missed the UAL opportunity this incident created, b/c i suspect by mid next week it will be @ pre-incident $...but here...this may help you in the future, that way it can pertain to you as well:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp
                                Obviously point was missed... carry on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X