Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Doctor Dragged Off Flight Was Convicted Of Trading Drugs For Sex

The United Airlines passenger who was dragged off of a flight has a felony criminal history. The doctor had been convicted of trading drugs for sex.

New York Post reports that the doctor on the now infamous dragging video, Dr. David Dao, 69, had previously been working as a doctor in Elizabethtown, Kentucky when he was convicted of trading prescription drugs for sexual favors from his male patient. Dao was arrested in 2003 after an undercover investigation.

According to New York Post, the medical board’s probe found that Dao had become sexually interested in a male patient who he had given a genital exam to. Dao then hired the man, Brian Case, as his office manager.

Case quit the job after Dao made inappropriate remarks. Dao pursued him and offered him prescription drugs in exchange for sex acts. The board found that the two would meet at hotel rooms in order for the exchanges to take place.

In 2004 Dao was convicted on multiple felonies stemming from the drugs for sex arrangement. He was only sentenced to five years of probation, and the medical board allowed him to continue to practice medicine.

It’s not clear if Dao is actually still practicing medicine. He appears to spend his time playing poker, and Dao’s profile on the World Series of Poker website shows that he earned $234,664 since he joined the poker circuit in 2006.

After the incident, Dr. David Dao spoke from his hospital bed, and when asked by a local reporter what his injuries were, he said “everything.” It’s not clear how “everything” got injured when he hit his lip on an armrest, but “everything” is presumably what the convict doctor is going to sue for.

David Dao’s criminal history is unrelated to the dragging incident; the security officer and police didn’t know his history at the time of the dragging, which has since become a PR nightmare for United Airlines.
    The last paragraph is all that matters in this incident. Sure, he's a scum bag but that has no bearing here. He should have had his medical license revoked not his face dribbled up and down on the arm rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      The last paragraph is all that matters in this incident. Sure, he's a scum bag but that has no bearing here. He should have had his medical license revoked not his face dribbled up and down on the arm rest.
      I work with a surgeon that has had a coke habit with 2 rounds of discipline and rehab...hes still practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I'm not saying they were right, and they'll lose in this, candyass, customer is always right, Facebook driven world.....but it's still their plane, and they still deserve the right to decide who flys on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Like a restaurant owner can decide who eats in their establishment? Mmmmm...no, they can't. I get where you're coming from but this differs from that in many facets.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          I work with a surgeon that has had a coke habit with 2 rounds of discipline and rehab...hes still practicing.
          WOW. That is tragic. Sounds like a malpractice suit waiting to happen.

Comment

I'm not saying they were right, and they'll lose in this, candyass, customer is always right, Facebook driven world.....but it's still their plane, and they still deserve the right to decide who flys on it.

What era was assaulting your customers an effective business strategy ?

Comment

S&M clubs.

People talk... you hear things...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                WOW. That is tragic. Sounds like a malpractice suit waiting to happen.

No way. He is even more focused than a non coke snorting surgeon. [emoji1]

Comment

Board as a doctor, leave as a patient.

Comment

Why I agree with you most of the time, I disagree on this. You are stuck at an airport, turned in your rental car etc. Payed for the ticket and boarded the plane. Then they say to get off because of over booking. JMO! Carry on.

Comment

What a screwed up deal all the way around. So many mistakes across the board. I still have a hard time with the good Doctor going limp and having to be dragged out like a dead animal. I know, I know, he hit his head on the seat but still. I don't condone actions from either side but for some reason, a grown adult having to be drug off a plane and not just getting up and walking off and raising hell later rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

Pemtagon awards contract to United Airlines to forcibly remove Assad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                            What a screwed up deal all the way around. So many mistakes across the board. I still have a hard time with the good Doctor going limp and having to be dragged out like a dead animal. I know, I know, he hit his head on the seat but still. I don't condone actions from either side but for some reason, a grown adult having to be drug off a plane and not just getting up and walking off and raising hell later rubs me the wrong way.

He got rubbed the wrong way too. Specifically his face against a metal seat. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              He got rubbed the wrong way too. Specifically his face against a metal seat. Lol

True dat. He's probably a really tough, stand up guy, just got caught at the wrong angle on the arm rest to temple connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                What era was assaulting your customers an effective business strategy ?
                                Works for Time Warner Cable, AT&T, and most insurance companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X