No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure all the other airlines are enjoying the negative press UA has brought upon themselves, but they will get some backlash from this as well. Now there is precedent on forcibly removing an involuntarily denied passenger. They obviously won't be using force, but I bet the price for vouchers goes up. Passengers now have unprecedented leverage to negotiate their compensation for being denied especially if they're already on the plane.

Comment

Well this won't keep me from flying united if it's the best option. Heck it may be the cheapest option soon

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Well this won't keep me from flying united if it's the bet option. Heck it may be the cheapest option soon
        Repeat after me...
        "hell no.. I wont go.."

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
          I'm sure all the other airlines are enjoying the negative press UA has brought upon themselves, but they will get some backlash from this as well. Now there is precedent on forcibly removing an involuntarily denied passenger. They obviously won't be using force, but I bet the price for vouchers goes up. Passengers now have unprecedented leverage to negotiate their compensation for being denied especially if they're already on the plane.
          True.

Interesting thing regarding the notice requirement giving reasons for being bumped: Bumping someone ALREADY SEATED is so far from the realm of consideration that it is not even addressed.

That's how badly mishandled this episode was.

Comment

And just like that, United is the world leader in crawfish transportation!!

Statement from United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz on United Express Flight 3411

The truly horrific event that occurred on this flight has elicited many responses from all of us: outrage, anger, disappointment. I share all of those sentiments, and one above all: my deepest apologies for what happened. Like you, I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard. No one should ever be mistreated this way.

I want you to know that we take full responsibility and we will work to make it right.

It’s never too late to do the right thing. I have committed to our customers and our employees that we are going to fix what’s broken so this never happens again. This will include a thorough review of crew movement, our policies for incentivizing volunteers in these situations, how we handle oversold situations and an examination of how we partner with airport authorities and local law enforcement. We’ll communicate the results of our review by April 30th.

I promise you we will do better.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Comment

TSA be all like : "holy ****... how were we NOT involved in this?"

Comment

And just like that, United is the world leader in crawfish transportation!!

Statement from United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz on United Express Flight 3411

The truly horrific event that occurred on this flight has elicited many responses from all of us: outrage, anger, disappointment. I share all of those sentiments, and one above all: my deepest apologies for what happened. Like you, I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard. No one should ever be mistreated this way.

I want you to know that we take full responsibility and we will work to make it right.

It’s never too late to do the right thing. I have committed to our customers and our employees that we are going to fix what’s broken so this never happens again. This will include a thorough review of crew movement, our policies for incentivizing volunteers in these situations, how we handle oversold situations and an examination of how we partner with airport authorities and local law enforcement. We’ll communicate the results of our review by April 30th.

I promise you we will do better.

Sincerely,

Oscar
                This word continue..... I don't think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  True.

Interesting thing regarding the notice requirement giving reasons for being bumped: Bumping someone ALREADY SEATED is so far from the realm of consideration that it is not even addressed.

That's how badly mishandled this episode was.
                  I'd love to see an interview with the United person that made the decision to call in the "authorities" to have him removed.

Heck, there'll probably be some lawsuits from the other passengers on the plane claiming PTSD.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    TSA be all like : "holy ****... how were we NOT involved in this?"

You know the TSA chief is having one heck of a donkey BBQ with his minions about how UA is horning in on his publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      This word continue..... I don't think it means what you think it means.
                      He was a dumb arse for not opening with an apology regardless of who was at fault on either side. This was a no win situation for the airline.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                          Best one yet!!

Comment

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

He was a dumb arse for not opening with an apology regardless of who was at fault on either side. This was a no win situation for the airline.
                              This is the CEO who was honored in March by PRWeek as "communicator of the year."

Really can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                                Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X