• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
    This is my favorite so far.

Comment

Actual footage of the United pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Rather shocked that the green screen is no anti-police here. They did their job. The passenger could have taken the easy way.
        Not seeing so much an anti-police sentiment as acknowledgement that common sense broke down on many levels of this entire chronology of events. The level of force applied by the security/aviation enforcement members was merely the cherry on top of this situation.

Many ways to have averted the ultimate result:

-- United gate personnel could have counted seats available versus those needed and simply not allowed too many people onto the plane;
        -- United's dead-head crew could have driven to Louisville;
        -- United could have offered the amount of money required by law, I believe over $1,300 to entice volunteers to make room for employees;
        -- Once security or law enforcement became involved, passenger could have complied without a 3-year-old-go-limp-in-the-grocery-store maneuver.

Note that United was totally in control of many ways to belay this escalation. The fact that their own CEO condemned the action shows his belief in the airline's culpability.

Comment

The airline seems to think so, but it may come down to whether the company complied with government rules on what airlines must do when passengers are involuntarily bumped. The Transportation Department says airlines must “give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn’t.” There’s no evidence United did that. In an internal email published by the Associated Press, United CEO Oscar Munoz said company employees “followed our involuntary denial of boarding process (including offering up to $1,000 in compensation).” But he didn’t say whether those employees followed government rules, including issuing the written statement and giving an explanation for why a given passenger was singled out for bumping.

Comment

I hope he doesn't get a **** thing. **** happens, life isn't fair and you don't always get your way. No one took their offer so they had to go a different route. He drew short straw and was ask to leave, and he didn't. So he made it physical.

Comment

Nice, so they have no contract to hide behind on this one. They are gonna pay big time on all counts.

Comment

This is what a 5% drop in share price looks like.

Statement from United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz on United Express Flight 3411

The truly horrific event that occurred on this flight has elicited many responses from all of us: outrage, anger, disappointment. I share all of those sentiments, and one above all: my deepest apologies for what happened. Like you, I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard. No one should ever be mistreated this way.

I want you to know that we take full responsibility and we will work to make it right.

It’s never too late to do the right thing. I have committed to our customers and our employees that we are going to fix what’s broken so this never happens again. This will include a thorough review of crew movement, our policies for incentivizing volunteers in these situations, how we handle oversold situations and an examination of how we partner with airport authorities and local law enforcement. We’ll communicate the results of our review by April 30th.

I promise you we will do better.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Comment

CEO accepts culpability.
                  The Volunteer Police Extraction Force accepts culpability by suspending its officer.
                  The man was never charged with any crimes, "federal" or otherwise.

Big bucks ...No Whammy.

Comment

Wow. So their contract doesn't comply with federal requirements. This just keeps getting worse for UA

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      CEO accepts culpability.
                      The Volunteer Police Extraction Force accepts culpability by suspending its officer.

Big bucks ...No Whammy.
                      United is hoping to write a BIG check and get this thing settled ASAP. Ball will be in the Dr's court shortly.

Comment

Yep.......They're in full damage control mode now and the passenger "that screamed like a girl", according to some on here, is fixing to hit the lottery, whether y'all like it it not.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          CEO accepts culpability.

Big bucks ...No Whammy.
                          AND they let the guy back on the plane!!

Comment

Looks like he has changed his tune. It wasnt so apologetic previously

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              Yep.......They're in full damage control mode now and the passenger "that screamed like a girl", according to some on here, is fixing to hit the lottery, whether y'all like it it not.
                              yep... It will be interesting. According to the Yahoo video linked above, United may have not followed the law. Apparently DOT says you have to provide a written reason why you were chosen and bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                Looks like he has changed his tune. It wasnt so apologetic previously
                                A billion dollars lost in market value (before the latest apology) has a tendency to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X