Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    eenie meanie, minee... moe

Flights overbooked... someone's got to GO!

[ATTACH]849854[/ATTACH]
    I almost choked on my sandwich.

Comment

There were no laws broken. The passenger will likely receive a settlement, not because he was wronged, but because it will be cheaper for United to settle than to defend a suit.

To those who think his rights were somehow violated....you're wrong. The plane is private property. He was asked to leave and refused. Authorities were summoned to remove him. No different than one of your houseguests refusing to leave when asked.

United could have handled it differently, but they didn't. It is their right and it was completely lawful.

Hate to burst all those bubbles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who is saying that laws were broken? We are saying that united was stupid in their handling and it is costing them much more than it should have.

Comment

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon announced Tuesday it had awarded a sole-source contract to United Airlines for work related to the forcible removal of President Bashar al-Assad from Syria. The contract, worth $2.1 billion, tasks the airline company with locating Assad, grabbing him from his seat in the presidential palace, and “dragging him out of Damascus by his arms.” The contract also notes that Assad should be “

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
            There were no laws broken. The passenger will likely receive a settlement, not because he was wronged, but because it will be cheaper for United to settle than to defend a suit.

To those who think his rights were somehow violated....you're wrong. The plane is private property. He was asked to leave and refused. Authorities were summoned to remove him. No different than one of your houseguests refusing to leave when asked.

United could have handled it differently, but they didn't. It is their right and it was completely lawful.

Hate to burst all those bubbles...

You punch anyone in your house. You go to jail for assault.
            Security guards are NOT authorities.
            He was assaulted the second they laid their hands on him.

He was let back on the plane. They were at fault.
            they will be found at fault.
            He will get a settlement....a large one.

Comment

It's going to be entertaining to see just how big the eventual cost is.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                The fact is that united has lost in the neighborhood of a BILLION DOLLARS TODAY over their handling of this. You think it could have been handled better??? You sure about that? Sometimes you have to use common sense and not just go by the contract that......nobody has ever read. I know, I know. Everyone but me reads the contract. Treat people with a little respect and most times these situations can be avoided.
                Your not reading what I am saying. Just looking to do more arguing...

Comment

[QUOTE=systemnt;12346748]You punch anyone in your house. You go to jail for assault.

QUOTE]

Need to brush up on some laws...Google will help.

Comment

Let us not forget, he didn't barge onto the plane without a ticket. He was a consumer who paid for the ability to be in that specific seat and UA willingly accepted his money to do so. Perhaps, extenuating circumstances forbid him from rescheduling. Does that give Paul Blart and his buddies authority to beat the guy's azz and skull drag him down the aisle? Me thinks not. If y'all want to stand in line to be treated that way, I'll hold the door for ya. I'll go elsewhere.

Comment

Fellow passengers are not taking up for this guy. As a matter of fact, I heard this morning one speak in strong support of United.

Comment

United screwed up. I think most opinions on here stating otherwise would change had he been a white guy from Katy.

My wife and I are Premier Platinum members. I flew roundtrip once a week for a long time, and my wife did 4-5 international trips each year. Lots of terrible stories.

Would I have left the plane? Ya, probably. Would they got more volunteers had they not been so cheap? Ya.

As the story unfolds, it has become more clear that United is at fault in violating th contract and had no legal right to ask him to get off the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          You punch anyone in your house. You go to jail for assault.
                          Need to brush up on some laws...Google will help.
                          You need to watch cops.

Comment

In other news I hear the Cowboys will have a great backup QB

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              You need to watch cops.
                              Nah did it real life for a few years.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X