No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also there is compensation in place via DOT for this exact situation.

You are entitled to some form of compensation, commensurate with how long it takes the airline to get to your destination past the scheduled time.

From the DOT, if you arrive at your destination beyond:

--One to two hours after your original landing time on a domestic flight, you'll get 200 percent of the cost of your ticket, up to $675.

--Two or more hours beyond your original landing time on domestic flights gets you 400 percent of the cost of your ticket, up to $1350.

--One to four hours beyond your original landing time on an international itinerary will get you 200 percent of the cost of your ticket, up to $675.

--Four hours or more beyond your original landing time on international flights will net you 400 percent of the cost of your ticket, up to $1350.

Comment

the "it's just wrong" crowd sound like liberals whining

It seemed excessive, but he was willing to play hardball

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        the "it's just wrong" crowd sound like liberals whining

It seemed excessive, but he was willing to play hardball
        Yep the passenger made the decision to escalate the situation.

Comment

I'm not saying the customer has no blame in the situation. But I put 95% of the blame on the airline. They should not let people board if they need those seats. If they screw up and do let them board and don't get the needed "volunteers", they should up the offer until they do "volunteer". These airline employees are trained for these types of matters and the customer is just trying to get from A to B. Hard for me to believe that some folks think the airline's behavior in this situation is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            I'm not saying the customer has no blame in the situation. But I put 95% of the blame on the airline. They should not let people board if they need those seats. If they screw up and do let them board and don't get the needed "volunteers", they should up the offer until they do "volunteer". These airline employees are trained for these types of matters and the customer is just trying to get from A to B. Hard for me to believe that some folks think the airline's behavior in this situation is acceptable.
            I havent seen a post here saying the incident couldn't have been handled better from a customer service standpoint. The facts are the airline did exactly what it could legally with their terms or contract of carriage I think its called. The passenger chose the route of force.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              I havent seen a post here saying the incident couldn't have been handled better from a customer service standpoint. The facts are the airline did exactly what it could legally with their terms or contract of carriage I think its called. The passenger chose the route of force.
              True...I read that the customer called the aviation police.

Comment

X2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Technically the corporation was in their rights but morally and from a PR stand point they f-ed up. Even one of the aviation cops got suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    The fact is that united has lost in the neighborhood of a BILLION DOLLARS TODAY over their handling of this. You think it could have been handled better??? You sure about that? Sometimes you have to use common sense and not just go by the contract that......nobody has ever read. I know, I know. Everyone but me reads the contract. Treat people with a little respect and most times these situations can be avoided.

Comment

They should have let the free market determine the seat. This means you keep upping the voucher offer until enough people take and free the seats, until that value is more than the cost to get the crew where they needed to be.

They stopped at too low a $ number.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
                        They should have let the free market determine the seat. This means you keep upping the voucher offer until enough people take and free the seats, until that value is more than the cost to get the crew where they needed to be.

They stopped at too low a $ number.

^^^^^^this. The free market is always the answer.

Comment

The "innocent doctor" has a troubled past to say the least...

Fallout continues after video was posted online that shows a passenger on a United flight being forcefully and violently removed from the plane. Passenger David Dao was forcibly removed from the Lo…

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            The "innocent doctor" has a troubled past to say the least...

http://wgntv.com/2017/04/11/passenge...d-shares-slip/
                            And?

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                              And?
                              And... He was "disruptive and belligerent" with a history of trouble-making. It's not as if they walked in and immediately put hands on him like the stories have made it seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                                Or mother who lost her son, and was on the way to his funeral...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                You're trying to sell a story of right or wrong to people that hide behind the wording of contracts. You and I will never change their minds. These are people who write contracts with tricky language to ensure the protection is theirs alone. The idea of a handshake deal is foreign to these bottom feeders because they have little to no integrity. They use the contractual language to manipulate situations in their favor and run for cover when people realize they have been hoodwinked. They would behave the same as United and that's why they can defend them. And, yes, they would drag off a family on the way to their child's funeral because "it's in the contract". To them, every situation is about making one more dime. Like I said before, I culled those relationships from my business because I only lost out to them every time. They don't care about you, your family or your needs. As long as their cup is full, the ends will always justify the means.

A deer lease example of these personalities is, they are "that guy" on your lease. The guy who shoots bunny wabbits under your feeder at night with an AK-47 because there's no rule that says they can't. Yeah, that's Rodina Ranc and Ironman in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                                X