X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    People have to fly?
    Yes, they do actually.

Do you have any idea what would happen to the economy if airports shut down?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      Lol... u can't quit or be right for that matter..I know full well the guy should have complied ( try doing this crap in a foreign airport). The claims of him being unconscious are nonsense too. Watch the video he never drops the phone from his left hand. He's an idiot yes ... if it goes to court he will lose but it's not going to go to court. BTW didn't you also wager the stock would be unaffected?
      Unlike you...i could care less about being right but since you do...want part of it? They're currently up 2% & haven't paid a dime outside of ordinary compensation....lol
      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-11-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
        Fixed what? Lol...all you did is pimp a PR statement..talking abt resolving & cutting a check are 2 diff things....hit me up when he says we are paying_______

Care to triple the wager before that happens? Lol
        You going to admit you would have lost the stock price wager?

Comment

He'll be flying first class for years to come I suspect

Comment

Unlike you...i could care less about being right but since you do...want part of it? They're currently up 2% & haven't paid a dime outside of ordinary compensation....lol

You sir would be extremely WRONG.

United Continental Holdings Inc
            NYSE: UAL - Apr 11, 9:38 AM EDT
            69.08USDPrice decrease2.43 (3.40%)

Comment

Keep up...,,

Comment

When you use the language in a " Contract " without using integrity and ethics you become a Delta Bravo of the highest order. I don't care if its the airlines , the government or a private individual.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                  I guess we're not supposed to talk about it then? [emoji6]

United broke Customer Service Rule #1: put the customer first. If they overbooked, and there were 4 normal travelers needing to get on, United would've told those 4 to go pound sand. But since it was their employees, they pulled a big mistake by forcibly dragging a paying customer off a flight in front of other paying customers, so they could get United personnel on board. If I was one of those employees, I would've been as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers being on that plane after a fiasco like that.

A lack of planning on United does not constitute an emergency for the customers.
                  100% ^^^ Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                    When you use the language in a " Contract " without using integrity and ethics you become a Delta Bravo of the highest order. I don't care if its the airlines , the government or a private individual.
                    Lol! Tell that to the commercial construction industry.

Comment

Lol...alot of you folks must not fly much...all airlines overbook as a normal course of business...status, then cheapest seat gets the boot typically

Before taking any action...may want to read the applicable airline's contract of carriage(which one agrees to when the ticket is purchased), i suspect you'll be left with a legal bill as opposed to any settlement...vouchers, miles,etc are offered as a customer courtesy for inconvenience...no more/no less
                      One more reason (long list) for me to never get on another airplane! I be grinning and driving while carrying my gun, not getting felt up by an idiot in a uniform, or being talked to like a three year old from some fugitive from the inner city. No contract, no plane ticket, no problem !

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Trust me I know, I deal in contracts all day everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                          Lol, this is usually what screws up most construction projects that go way over budget. Usually someone who knows just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Lol, this is what keeps me employed!

Comment

I fly United, almost exclusively...and very frequently. This makes me a bit mad as I think it could have been handled differently. I was on an oversold Delta flight a couple weeks ago. They asked for 2 volunteers to let a family make it to San Antonio for Air Force Graduation and offered $1000. They didn't build up to it, they started there. Hands went up all over the plane. I have a feeling their reason for needing seats vs. United's, in this case, makes all the difference. Giving up your seat for a flight crew just doesn't tug at the heart strings.

Regardless of all that, if you are asked to leave a plane for any reason, you should comply. I would. I might be ******, but I would comply. Why folks think a flying missile in today's day and age is something to get belligerent about is beyond me. The guy, though I feel badly for him, is likely facing some form of criminal charges for not obeying instructions. He made a bad choice, regardless of how much it upset him.

I do think a couple of jackholes need to lose their job over the way they extracted him. Unless this guy is a threat to the other passengers, there is no reason to go as far as they did.

I'm not going to defend United completely. They should have gone deeper into the pockets to get help with their situation. They should have planned better. The folks at the gate control a lot about their situations and I'm willing to bet somewhere else, at another United gate, this would not have happened. Perhaps the freeing of seats and the cost of doing so has incentives and this gate crew pushed it. I don't know. Regardless, it's a shame all the way around.

With that said, I tried to book on United this morning but can't seem to find any empty seats.

Comment

Good article that explains the laws involved. 40,000 passengers were involuntarily bumped off flights last year.
                                The forcible removal of a man on a United Airlines flight highlights the fact that passengers are largely at the mercy of airlines when flights get overbooked. Overbooking flights then rebooking passengers to free up space is legal—the Department of Transportation has general guidelines about overbooked flights and how to compensate barred passengers. Europe has a different set of rules. U.S. airlines bumped 40,000 passengers last year, not counting those who volunteered to give up their seats. United booted 3,765. “Airline contracts of carriage state that seats are not guaranteed, and are written for the airline’s convenience not the passengers,” George Hobica, founder and president of Airfarewatchdog.com, said of U.S. guidelines. “In this case the passenger had no ‘legal’ rights.”

Comment

Working...
                                X