Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has the world become so irrational when it comes to Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
    I guess I feel the same way about radical Islamists as I do about radical Christians or radical anything else. When you feel you have all of the answers and everyone else has to be wrong, then you have conflict and death.
    Agreed. Religious fundamentalism is one big problem that won't go away. I will protest it with a beer.

Comment

The difference between a radical muslim and a moderate muslim is the radical one will kill you, given the chance. The moderate one will cheer the radical one on as he kills you. They cannot follow their religion with out wanting you dead. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        The difference between a radical muslim and a moderate muslim is the radical one will kill you, given the chance. The moderate one will cheer the radical one on as he kills you. They cannot follow their religion with out wanting you dead. Period.

That's a fact. Just like those "Muslims against ISIS" group. George Takei's use of this Ahmadiyya gathering in London is very misleading, I hope this is a genuine mistake as opposed to purposely misleading the general public, as the Total population of these peace loving people is circa 250,000 worldwide ( around 10,000 in Israel ) the balance is spread all over in communities of fairly insignificant numbers ! ( except in a few centers )
        It cannot therefore be logical to use this very small group of individuals to form the basis of any predictions or resolutions concerning the main body of the 1.5 billion Muslims !!
        Even the most ' Westernised Muslims ' in Dubai still call every 5 hours for the killing of Jews & disbelievers, from their minorettes, during their call to prayer !!
        It is patently dangerous to assume that all Muslims are reasonable & peaceful based on this minute group, when the marauding hoards are raping and pillaging all across Europe testifies to the frailty of this assumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt Walsh nailed it, as usual.

Christianity can lecture other religions about violence. Christianity is much better at standing against violence. Christianity is much more effective at advancing peace in the world.

Comment

So, if someone has a different opinion, then they go on the ignore list?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Welcome to TBH

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
              Oh, but he has expressed an opinion, and you failed to notice. Because you're in way over your head. And you have been since you were about 15 minutes old. And so is system-whoever.

Hoss, now that is a direct insult, get it? In reply to your direct insult to me. Somewhere back, wherever it was that you said out loud that I'm stupid. Based upon the simple fact that I said you are obviously a troubled and an unhappy and a miserable man. I'd say that I'll pray for you to find some peace and some hope and a remote clue or two... but that would be a lie. I got things to pray for that I believe that might just possibly come to pass if I have enough faith in the matter.

I'll play this evening (chuckle). I'm all chilled out, dinner done, and I got no place that I got to be until tomorrow morning. Bring it on.

Howl for me to be banned, announce to all that I'm a troll. You've already done that with XBow, and I just happen to consider him to be a reasonable man and a rational man, a polite man with the uncommon ability to turn the other cheek.

Oops, deviated...

Get it done if you can. And you and system-whatever can fill the Palo Duro Canyon with all the effs that I don't give.

Whereas ??

Bob Lee

*Drops mic

Well said sir

Comment

The right thrives on fear.

Just watch Fox news or listen to right wing radio.

Comment

mensa
                  A group of people with high IQs. Ironically these people also pay quite a bit of money to be in this group. There by paying to be told they are intelligent. Which ironically is well...not the least intelligent.
                  The Spanish use of the word make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    The Spanish use of the word make more sense.

Do you ever have anything productive to say, or is it all personal attacks on those you disagree with?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Shane, that might be the best article i have ever read in its comparison of good and evil. Thank you.

Comment

Extremists on all sides are dangerous for democratic governments and civil society. That includes radical Muslims, radical democrats, and yes...even radical republicans. It seems like both sides are convinced that they're morally superior and correct. They are both very wrong.

Governing effectively requires moderation. Compromise. Getting everything your way is just not how democracy works. It is the way oligarchy and tyranny works, but if that's what people want, they need to quit yelling about "liberty". Liberty is what the governmental terrorists in the French Revolution yelled too. It's not the ticket to wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          Extremists on all sides are dangerous for democratic governments and civil society. That includes radical Muslims, radical democrats, and yes...even radical republicans. It seems like both sides are convinced that they're morally superior and correct. They are both very wrong.

Governing effectively requires moderation. Compromise. Getting everything your way is just not how democracy works. It is the way oligarchy and tyranny works, but if that's what people want, they need to quit yelling about "liberty". Liberty is what the governmental terrorists in the French Revolution yelled too. It's not the ticket to wisdom.
                          This thread is a question about why some folks and governments are making the decisions they make as it concerns islam.
                          The idea that there are radical republicans is a curiosity to me. The republicans are a gutless bunch that cater to the wims of the democrats more often than not.
                          There are however a FEW republicans that believe in the constitution and typically buck the system. They are not radicals, they are patriots

Comment

Atheists Bill Maher and Sam Harris are on the front lines of this battle against the Islam apologists on the left, but the great Christopher Hitchens might have said it best.

Christopher Hitchens - Don't waste my time with Islam

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

I guess I feel the same way about radical Islamists as I do about radical Christians or radical anything else. When you feel you have all of the answers and everyone else has to be wrong, then you have conflict and death.

I don't believe that non-radical Muslims should be targetted any more than I feel that non-radical Christians, Jews, or athiests (or anyone else) should be targetted.

Laws are passed when a government feels there is a real threat of harm or bigotry against a group of people. Perhaps that's what this Canadian law seeks to do?

It's Canada and they have a right to their nationalism and laws just as we do.

I agree with the other poster (though not about the joint). Maybe sip some whiskey or read your Bible and relax a bit. The getting laid part is NEVER a bad idea!

*** is a radical Christian? Ones that stand on the corner an throw bibles at you.....ones that say grace at a public restaurant.......ones that display their faith for all to see. You see these radical Christians on the same level as car bombers and beheaders?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                *** is a radical Christian? Ones that stand on the corner an throw bibles at you.....ones that say grace at a public restaurant.......ones that display their faith for all to see. You see these radical Christians on the same level as car bombers and beheaders?
                                Do you remember the Crusades? That's raducal Christianity.

Do you remember the eradication of Indians because of the need to "convert" them? That's radical Christianity.

Don't be so foolish to think that there is no such thing as radical Christianity. Even today we have had people blowing up legal abortion clinics in the name of Christianity. Look at Westbrook church and their beliefs?

Remember the Jonestown massacre?

Last edited by BoneDigger; 03-25-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X