How long before enough is enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Liberals are liberal and conservatives are conservative.
    Quite a binary view of politics you have...

Comment

Originally posted by FIRETX12 View Post
      Gary even calls himself a liberal. He's extremely socially liberal. His fiscal ideas are ok, and he's pro gun rights, but his other beliefs are out there. Any republican who votes for him is voting for Hillary and any dem that votes for him is voting for Trump. I just hope that he pulls in a large percentage of Sanders supporters.

I still think the vast majority of this nation leans right, maybe even far right. The problem is that that vast majority doesn't vote. I'm just wondering what's going to happen when those people have had enough with the whole process whether that be Trump or Clinton.
      So, like I said, I'm still undecided. What social policies does Mr. Johnson support that are far out there? Honestly, I'm trying to make a decision on who I support, so I need education on his platform.

Bare in mind, I'm conservative, I hate being taxed more than absolutely necessary, and certainly hate having money removed from my paycheck under threat of force, only to be given to others who refuse to support themselves. Now, if you'd like me to contribute to an education effort to help needy folks lift themselves up out of their situation, I'm all about that, but not a handout to feed them cradle to grave. I believe in a strong military that protects the U.S. from invasion. I believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. With that, I don't believe that I have any right to tell you or anyone else who you can marry, what God you worship, or anything else that doesn't affect me. You live your life, I'll live mine.

So, tell me, which candidate believes these things? And, for sake of argument, I'll take them at their word for now, ignoring whether or not I trust them. I've already said I don't trust Trump, and I trust Hilary at her word, I just hate her words, but I'm going to put that aside for the time being, and only lo at what the candidates say they support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Gary even calls himself a liberal. He's extremely socially liberal. His fiscal ideas are ok, and he's pro gun rights, but his other beliefs are out there. Any republican who votes for him is voting for Hillary and any dem that votes for him is voting for Trump. I just hope that he pulls in a large percentage of Sanders supporters.

I still think the vast majority of this nation leans right, maybe even far right. The problem is that that vast majority doesn't vote. I'm just wondering what's going to happen when those people have had enough with the whole process whether that be Trump or Clinton.
        I see this repeated frequently and it rubs me the wrong way - if you vote for Hillary you vote for Hillary, if you vote for Trump you vote for Trump, if you vote for Johnson you vote for Johnson, if you pencil in your Uncle Ned you vote for Ned (I'll concede that last one may be a waste of your vote ) - a vote for a 3rd party is not a waste of a vote or a vote for the other side especially in Texas, even in a battleground state it should not be considered a bad thing to vote for a 3rd party candidate if you believe that candidate would do the best job running this country - it is only a waste of a vote until it isn't....... what I mean by that is once a 3rd party gets a certain percentage of votes they will be included in the big televised debates and will be eligible for federal funding - no one should ever feel guilty or be shamed for voting for the elected official they believe will represent them the best in my opinion

Comment

If he only musters 9% then it will be a waste. Even Mickey Mouse gets votes every 4 years and those too are a waste. It's sad, and I don't like it any more than you do, but it's the reality. This is a two horse race. Period. Maybe one day, an independent will find a way to be a legitimate contender.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
            So, like I said, I'm still undecided. What social policies does Mr. Johnson support that are far out there? Honestly, I'm trying to make a decision on who I support, so I need education on his platform.

Bare in mind, I'm conservative, I hate being taxed more than absolutely necessary, and certainly hate having money removed from my paycheck under threat of force, only to be given to others who refuse to support themselves. Now, if you'd like me to contribute to an education effort to help needy folks lift themselves up out of their situation, I'm all about that, but not a handout to feed them cradle to grave. I believe in a strong military that protects the U.S. from invasion. I believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. With that, I don't believe that I have any right to tell you or anyone else who you can marry, what God you worship, or anything else that doesn't affect me. You live your life, I'll live mine.

So, tell me, which candidate believes these things? And, for sake of argument, I'll take them at their word for now, ignoring whether or not I trust them. I've already said I don't trust Trump, and I trust Hilary at her word, I just hate her words, but I'm going to put that aside for the time being, and only lo at what the candidates say they support.

Here you go. Make up your own mind.

Comment

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm
              Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                I see this repeated frequently and it rubs me the wrong way - if you vote for Hillary you vote for Hillary, if you vote for Trump you vote for Trump, if you vote for Johnson you vote for Johnson, if you pencil in your Uncle Ned you vote for Ned (I'll concede that last one may be a waste of your vote ) - a vote for a 3rd party is not a waste of a vote or a vote for the other side especially in Texas, even in a battleground state it should not be considered a bad thing to vote for a 3rd party candidate if you believe that candidate would do the best job running this country - it is only a waste of a vote until it isn't....... what I mean by that is once a 3rd party gets a certain percentage of votes they will be included in the big televised debates and will be eligible for federal funding - no one should ever feel guilty or be shamed for voting for the elected official they believe will represent them the best in my opinion
                Let me try and clear up my opinion a little. I know that on an individual basis, you are correct. A vote for someone is exactly that. Because of the electoral college, one individual vote won't affect anything. Trump will win Texas no matter who you or I vote for. I was speaking in a more general sense where as the masses of voters especially in swing states can affect an outcome. Even here in Texas, if half the registered Republicans were to vote for Johnson and Clinton still carried all dems, then she would likely win God forbid.

Comment

Because of the electoral college, one individual vote won't affect anything.
                  Really? If hillary gets 1,000,001 votes and Trump gets 1,000,000 votes in Texas who gets the electoral votes?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Really? If hillary gets 1,000,001 votes and Trump gets 1,000,000 votes in Texas who gets the electoral votes?

Exactly . So stay home and don`t vote to prove a point or vote for a 3rd party or write in Mickey Mouse , then multiply that by the "everyone who don`t like Trump "crowd and see what happens . You think Texas couldn`t change colors ? Fact is , Trump and Clinton are the choices , and fact is ,one of them will win . There is just too much at stake to think your vote " doesn`t count " .

Comment

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm
                      Yep, read the whole thing, word by word. No change in my opinions, I saw a LOT that I agree with, some that I don't really care about, and a very few things that irritated me, but zero deal breakers. On the other hand, a listing of Clinton's values, based on historical quotes, would likely cause my head to explode. Historical Trump quotes, dating as far back as the 90's like the one you linked....would look a lot like the Hilary page, and likely have similar effects on me. That's where I'm at, I hate her politics, and I can't trust Trump, and I don't even agree with everything the Republicans spew.....So that leaves me where?

I'm not sure. I'll likely hold my nose and vote Trump in November, but only because Johnson doesn't have a chance at this point. That being said, if he gains enough momentum, and it looks like he might do something, I'll be hard pressed to vote for a candidate whom I don't trust any further than I can throw him (Trump) over one who has shown a history of doing things I agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        You are correct. I'm talking about Texas,Cali, places like that that won't be close in the vote totals.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                          Yep, read the whole thing, word by word. No change in my opinions, I saw a LOT that I agree with, some that I don't really care about, and a very few things that irritated me, but zero deal breakers. On the other hand, a listing of Clinton's values, based on historical quotes, would likely cause my head to explode. Historical Trump quotes, dating as far back as the 90's like the one you linked....would look a lot like the Hilary page, and likely have similar effects on me. That's where I'm at, I hate her politics, and I can't trust Trump, and I don't even agree with everything the Republicans spew.....So that leaves me where?

I'm not sure. I'll likely hold my nose and vote Trump in November, but only because Johnson doesn't have a chance at this point. That being said, if he gains enough momentum, and it looks like he might do something, I'll be hard pressed to vote for a candidate whom I don't trust any further than I can throw him (Trump) over one who has shown a history of doing things I agree with.

If Johnson was in the least bit a serious candidate wouldn't he be making hay right now. If ever the moon and stars aligned for a third party candidate to make a move this is it. Have you even heard a peep out of him? If he's too stupid to get some free media coverage now he is definitely too stupid to be president.

Looking back 20 years or so I would imagine we have all changed our minds and positions on some things. Unless you've never been wrong.

Comment

All of you Johnson/third party voters, don't be whining and b!tch/ng when a Hillary appointed Supreme Court starts legislating from the bench, outlaws your guns, and takes away your other constitutional rights. Your candidate is a joke and a distraction and nothing more. There's only one candidate in this race that can have a positive impact on the Supreme Court and the future of this country. You need to consider strongly if it's worth giving up your constitutional rights just to vote anti-trump because you don't like him. He's the only one that will have the opportunity to appoint conservative judges.
                            Last edited by SolocamShooter; 07-26-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It has nothing to do with liking him. I don't know the guy, therefore I can't like or dislike him. It's about TRUSTING him, which I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                                If you are only talking for making you feel good about who you vote for then it isn't wasted. However if it's about keeping out someone who can truly do serious damage to the fabric of our country then it is wasted.

The question is who do you not want in the most. If like me you don't want Hellary the most then you should vote for the candidate who has the best chance to beat her. Voting for a 3rd party that hasn't a snow flakes chance in Texas come August is a wasted vote in actually impacting the results of the election. The reality of "a vote against Trump is a vote for Hellary" is true in that one less vote that doesn't go to someone who has a chance to beat. In any game (exception golf) it's not about how many points your your opponents score, but that you score more. Same here. So it can rub you wrong but it is a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X