Cruz didn't endorse Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
    Great speech by Cruz, never been more proud of him than I am right now. He was threatened by both the RNC and the Trump campaign that they would say bad things about him, plant negative stories, etc., if he didn't endorse Trump. He was even threatened that 2 "conservative" national radio talkers would be all over him tomorrow if he didn't endorse Trump. Trump camp and RNC were actively whipping the booing on the floor. Cruz knew all that was coming and he stood his ground and said to vote your conscience. That is courage.

He used the words Liberty and Freedom more times in 10 minutes than Donald Trump has in the entirety of the campaign so far.

Funny: When Cruz says to vote your conscience and for someone who will defend the Constitution, Trumpists immediately know he's not talking about their guy.
    Agree 100%. Princables before party wish more polatitions would fallow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      I see a "Felito's Lawn Service" opening pretty soon in the Austin area..
      How does that answer the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        Yes, correct. Like I just said, Trump is the candidate but apparently he doesn't realize who his opponent is.
        He thinks he's still running against Cruz.
        I think Trump knows his opponent. Call a spade a spade. Cruz wanted to leave a mark on Trump's convention, and Trump wanted to remind him who came out on top. Childish yes. Surprising no. What is surprising to me is how many Cruzers don't seem to realize that Cruz is done and that bashing Trump now isn't going to bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
          Agree 100%. Princables before party wish more polatitions would fallow suit.

You can say that again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            on point #2 you will hold the record for this.
            Trump hasn't done anything to me personally, I don't hold a Grudge against him for anything, I just rightly realize that he is a charlatan, huckster and pathological liar.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Some of y'all are sure parroting the whining Mark Levin this evening.
              I can't listen to Levin, the few times I have his whiny voice drives me crazy. Maybe he was reading TBH?

Comment

Sure am interested to hear the Trump supporters' take on the fact that Reagan did not endorse Ford at the 1976 convention, and why that is different than what Cruz did.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  How does that answer the question?
                  Trump will make sure he ruins him..

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                    Sure am interested to hear the Trump supporters' take on the fact that Reagan did not endorse Ford at the 1976 convention, and why that is different than what Cruz did.
                    Its history. Probably happened before you were born. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                      . What is surprising to me is how many Cruzers don't seem to realize that Cruz is done and that bashing Trump now isn't going to bring him back.
                      I have to assume you're not referring to me. I haven't bashed Trump.

Comment

I'm not PC and never will be. There are many making comments on this topic that are smarter than I. However, as a citizen and a Soldier this is how I view it. Cruz was asked to speak. Trump encouraged it. Trump was bigger for it and put the petty dispute behind them because he knows Ted has the voice of many people. Everyone who spoke was anti killary. That is how this was supposed to go. Ted chose to deviate from that and morally grandstand. Trump had already admitted that he should not have re-tweeted the pic of Cruz wife, which was a direct response to his wife being targeted first. Cruz isn't angry about those comments, he is angry about losing. I don't want my next commander in chief to be butthurt so easily. I don't want his inability to cope with mere words to interfere with his responsibility. His responsibility as potus, or candidate for potus, is to listen to the will of the people. Bottom line is that he failed to see past his own nose. I won't vote for him again.

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          I'm not PC and never will be. There are many making comments on this topic that are smarter than I. However, as a citizen and a Soldier this is how I view it. Cruz was asked to speak. Trump encouraged it. Trump was bigger for it and put the petty dispute behind them because he knows Ted has the voice of many people. Everyone who spoke was anti killary. That is how this was supposed to go. Ted chose to deviate from that and morally grandstand. Trump had already admitted that he should not have re-tweeted the pic of Cruz wife, which was a direct response to his wife being targeted first. Cruz isn't angry about those comments, he is angry about losing. I don't want my next commander in chief to be butthurt so easily. I don't want his inability to cope with mere words to interfere with his responsibility. His responsibility as potus, or candidate for potus, is to listen to the will of the people. Bottom line is that he failed to see past his own nose. I won't vote for him again.

Ironic coming from the small hands candidate supporter

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Ironic coming from the small hands candidate supporter
                            You are going to have to try harder than that. Cruz' elitists are all missing the bigger picture. I don't know many people, if any, that have bashed Cruz, but there sure are a bunch of political elitists bashing Trump and his supporters. At the end of the day we all want a better future for our children. I back Trump, not as my first, or second choice, but as our only chance now.

Last edited by Speedgoat; 07-23-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I understand the idea of getting behind the candidate to keep Hitlary out etc etc etc. But didn't Texas send Cruz to Washington because he stood by his convictions and wasn't a Washington insider? Now we're mad because he won't jump in and follow the party line? Let's not forget, we sent him as a TEA Party candidate, not a Republican.

I like a lot of what Trump is saying. I'm just not convinced he really believes any of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                                I understand the idea of getting behind the candidate to keep Hitlary out etc etc etc. But didn't Texas send Cruz to Washington because he stood by his convictions and wasn't a Washington insider? Now we're mad because he won't jump in and follow the party line? Let's not forget, we sent him as a TEA Party candidate, not a Republican.

I like a lot of what Trump is saying. I'm just not convinced he really believes any of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                                This pretty much sums it up for me also. People have forgotten Cruz's path to the Senate. He wasn't the first choice of the Party's establishment in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X