No announcement yet.

Cruz didn't endorse Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was never really a Cruz supporter. Truth be told, I didn't like any of them.

I completely understand where Cruz is coming from. Trump has a history and I just outright do not agree with his tactics and I have zero faith in the guy. And when you vote for somebody, you have to have a reason to believe they will do what they say, you can't just lean on words.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for Cruz to not support Trump. Trump went out of bounds, as he does on many things, against Cruz. I believe in being true to your word, but I also believe that a man should be true to the spirit of his word, not just the legalistic interpretation of it. I look at it like this. A boxer tells another boxer that if he wins, I'll call you the greatest in the world! Now say the other boxer wins by constantly hitting below the belt. What do you expect him to say? Do you expect him to look the other man in the face and say "yeah, you are the greatest."???

Now there are two ways to look at Cruz getting on stage and doing what he did. You could say he was the whiny guy who went up there and took a cheap shot. He didn't live up to what he said in the primaries before the below the belt blows started. OR you could look at it as a kid who stood up to the bully and punched him back below the belt... giving him the same treatment he was given. It is all going to boil down to perspective. It could go either way. The funny thing is that most likely, both narratives are likely true. It is a mixture of both.

There is one thing that is very apparent here:

You can say that Trump won and everybody should get behind him. Well, there is a problem with that logic. The majority voted for an non-unifying candidate. And you have to know that. If you didn't know it then, you better at least see it now. The majority clearly didn't want an unifying person... they wanted a divisive person, and with that, you got divisiveness. I personally vote for the biggest unifier... not the biggest divider. This isn't just Cruz... there are a ton of other politicians that are just clinching and bearing. They don't believe a word... they are trying to fill in the gap and trying to "force" the unification because the candidate can't seem to do it on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      I don't think I heard Cruz make one disparaging remark about Trump during the speech. I think he even said that you should vote your conscience and for someone who will defend the Constitution. I think its obvious he isn't talking about Clinton, the only other person he could be talking about is Trump.......unless you Trump folks don't think he will defend the Constitution.

While it probably would have been better for him not to speak, I'll continue to stand with him for not bending to the whim of the masses. Just because Trump won doesn't make his views or the views of his supporters right and to endorse someone just because they won would make him a sellout. Isn't that what everyone was saying about Bernie a couple weeks ago.

I'll vote for Trump and I bet Cruz will too but I'll be d@^ned if I get up and sing his praises because that wouldn't be right. Is he better than Hillary....you bet, is he a Constitutional Conservative......no way. Is Constitutional Conservatism dead...probably, but that doesn't mean you have to change your convictions because of it.
      Nailed it.

Comment

Preface: I am voting for Trump

Mostly because its the biggest punch to the gut I can give Hillary come election time, he was not my first, second, third choice.

Ted Cruz owes Donald Trump absolutely NOTHING. If he had said those things about my wife and family I would of stayed up there bashing him until the police dragged me off. Cruz said nothing negative about Trump. I don't get why people are expecting everyone to come kiss the ring, not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          I was never really a Cruz supporter. Truth be told, I didn't like any of them.

I completely understand where Cruz is coming from. Trump has a history and I just outright do not agree with his tactics and I have zero faith in the guy. And when you vote for somebody, you have to have a reason to believe they will do what they say, you can't just lean on words.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for Cruz to not support Trump. Trump went out of bounds, as he does on many things, against Cruz. I believe in being true to your word, but I also believe that a man should be true to the spirit of his word, not just the legalistic interpretation of it. I look at it like this. A boxer tells another boxer that if he wins, I'll call you the greatest in the world! Now say the other boxer wins by constantly hitting below the belt. What do you expect him to say? Do you expect him to look the other man in the face and say "yeah, you are the greatest."???

Now there are two ways to look at Cruz getting on stage and doing what he did. You could say he was the whiny guy who went up there and took a cheap shot. He didn't live up to what he said in the primaries before the below the belt blows started. OR you could look at it as a kid who stood up to the bully and punched him back below the belt... giving him the same treatment he was given. It is all going to boil down to perspective. It could go either way. The funny thing is that most likely, both narratives are likely true. It is a mixture of both.

There is one thing that is very apparent here:

You can say that Trump won and everybody should get behind him. Well, there is a problem with that logic. The majority voted for an non-unifying candidate. And you have to know that. If you didn't know it then, you better at least see it now. The majority clearly didn't want an unifying person... they wanted a divisive person, and with that, you got divisiveness. I personally vote for the biggest unifier... not the biggest divider. This isn't just Cruz... there are a ton of other politicians that are just clinching and bearing. They don't believe a word... they are trying to fill in the gap and trying to "force" the unification because the candidate can't seem to do it on his own.
          This may be one of the best, if not best, posts I've seen here. Well said and well thought out, which is the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I have been a Cruz guy from day one. Now im just seriously disappointed in him. What is clear here is that Cruz wants Hillary to win so he can beat her in 2020. If Trump wins, Cruz has no chance in 20/20.

While his logic is correct, American cant stand 4 years of Hillary. Cruz just put his own political agenda ahead of whats best for America. He went back on his word and Ill never support him again. What a shame......he could have been the best we had.
            I Agree but to sum it up, all he did was show is true colors..

I would have voted for him if it came to it, to do my part to keep Hillary out, but GOD Im so glad that is he not a option...

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Preface: I am voting for Trump

Mostly because its the biggest punch to the gut I can give Hillary come election time, he was not my first, second, third choice.

Ted Cruz owes Donald Trump absolutely NOTHING. If he had said those things about my wife and family I would of stayed up there bashing him until the police dragged me off. Cruz said nothing negative about Trump. I don't get why people are expecting everyone to come kiss the ring, not gonna happen.
              You and I have been in loc step all the way through primary season. We differ a little here though. Its going to be a close election. the Cruz supporters may well be the difference. If they vote for Johnson, hillary wins. I see where hillary came out thanking Cruz this morning. Cruz should have sucked it up , said what he though, and then asked his supporters to do the best thing for America and vote for Trump.

He didnt do that because its in his best interest for Hillary to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                yep

It's by design and Trump is playing to lose. Trump knew exactly what Ted was going to say. It's a slow political death by a thousand tiny cuts from mocking the disabled to insulting a prisoner of war. Trump can't wait to get on his next book tour while being praised as the guy who could have saved America.
                I can loan you some tin foil if you need it.. I have cases of it..

Comment

Spot on. It burns my azz too. I have been outspoken for Cruz but now he would rather have Hillary as president so he can run against her in 20/20. Thats not the right thing for America.
                  Yep and to seal the deal he will probably run "3rd Party"

Comment

Crazy how jacked up this election is...we have support for Cruz's deal with the no indorse & villain??

bizarre state of affairs we are in...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Crazy how jacked up this election is...we have support for Cruz's deal with the no indorse & villain??

bizarre state of affairs we are in...
                      No kidding....its a sad state of affairs....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        I can loan you some tin foil if you need it.. I have cases of it..
                        How many Trump sponsored ads/commercials have you seen? I've seen a new one from Hillary several times already on TV bashing Trump for his insults.

Is Trump running on some bizarre strategy to not run ads or spend money? That has me thinking maybe his campaign coffers are a bit low. I don't know though, but could be a reason.

Comment

You and I have been in loc step all the way through primary season. We differ a little here though. Its going to be a close election. the Cruz supporters may well be the difference. If they vote for Johnson, hillary wins. I see where hillary came out thanking Cruz this morning. Cruz should have sucked it up , said what he though, and then asked his supporters to do the best thing for America and vote for Trump.

He didnt do that because its in his best interest for Hillary to win.
                          I don't disagree that it will hurt the vote as it will justify many Cruz supporters wanting to sit this one out to do so. I don't think its over though, Trump will have a lot of work to do but if he outlined a conservative constitutional agenda and plan for his presidency and brought the others now scorning him under the tent they still yet may endorse him. The way he ran his campaign though its no surprise right now that these guys aren't behind him now. He laid waste to everyone around him and is now wondering where they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            I'm sorry, maybe I missed it but didn't Cruz say awhile back that he will endorse whoever the Rupublican nominee might be? Or did I hear that wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            He never said he'd endorse, he said he'd support.

I don't know why Trump supporters get so upset when somebody talks about conservative values, supporting the constitution and voting your conscience? Vote for the candidate that supports YOUR VALUES and THE CONSTITUTION.

If this offends the Trump supporters maybe they are in denial about their candidate, because Trump has never supported either conservatism or the constitution and he is NOT AN HONORABLE MAN.

Comment

Not surprising from Cruz at all. He may attempt to defend the Constitution with valor, but I feel many people (including independents who he will need in 2020) think his selfishness and arrogance peaked last night.
                              On a different note, I wish one of Trump's sons would be in Donald's position; they are much better spoken than him.

Comment

I guess Ted just couldn't do it on principle right? I don't agree with the things Trump said about him at all but he is a sore loser. Had a big chance to help unite the party. I would have voted for him and got behind what he was doing had it been the will of the people. He wasn't my favorite but I would have stood by the party and done it anyway. So I guess the never trumps win? I just became a never cruz guy last night. Loved the little smirks while he was ruining the festive mood at the convention. I believe the republicans can still win this election. I would do anything in my power to stop Hillary from getting in the white house and that starts with a vote for the Republican nominee. After today movin on past Ted Cruz. See ya

Comment

Working...
                                X