Cruz didn't endorse Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
    If you listened to Cruz at the Texas delegate breakfast some of what he did will make sense.

I'm now a former Cruz supporter and contributor.

Cruz proved its about him and not the country.

Cruz did prove he is not the next Reagan.
    Actually, he proved just the opposite. With so many people proclaiming that he just committed career suicide (which is absurd), how is it that what he did was a good plan if he did so for his own "benefit"?

Comment

When Cruz finally does endorse Trump (and I believe he will especially since its in Trumps, his and the parties best interest) then will come from all the Cruz haters "go Cruz!, I always like that Ted Cruz!" Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
        If you listened to Cruz at the Texas delegate breakfast some of what he did will make sense.

I'm now a former Cruz supporter and contributor.

Cruz proved its about him and not the country.

Cruz did prove he is not the next Reagan.
        I seriously don't think Reagan would have supported Trump for President any more than the Bush family does.

Comment

"Cast aside anger for love. That is the standard we should expect, from everybody"

-Ted Cruz 7/21/16

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
            I seriously don't think Reagan would have supported Trump for President any more than the Bush family does.
            Ooouuuch!!

Comment

Bad form for Cruz to speak at all if not to endorse Trump; no way around that.

Gets complicated beyond that. That Trump knew two hours ahead of time what Cruz was going to say (Trump tweeted later) is a little odd. That he said the lack of a stated endorsement was "no big deal" is interesting. Is Trump showing himself to be above such a backhanded move; or maybe covering for a miscalculation, thinking Cruz might actually endorse him despite the words on the pages of a supposedly previewed speech?

So, if we take Trump at his word that he knew what Cruz would do, why would he let it proceed? Maybe, he wanted to appear magnanimous in allowing a former combatant to have his day. Maybe. Perhaps he simply wanted to give Cruz his speaking slot as a figurative rope for Cruz to hang himself in smirking glory.

I suppose we can't completely rule out some tin-foil-type scenarios: Trump wanted to give Cruz a chance to further divide the GOP faithful so that "nose-holders" become "stay-homers" -- leading to a Democrat win; a sub-part of this scenario would have Mrs. Clinton singing Cruz's praises for sending potential voters her way; all of this presumes that Trump is actually part of a grand Trojan Horse scheme to create a straw candidate for Clinton to beat easily in the general election.

Not going to address Cruz's motives except to say that he seemed to be true to himself.

How will all of this play out regarding Trump going forward? Cruz's own words may have already caused many of his supporters to solidify behind Trump -- look at comments on this thread. Trump could even use Cruz's lack of endorsement as evidence to sway moderate and undecided voters, which will be critical to the eventual winner. Time will tell.
              Last edited by tradtiger; 07-21-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                I have been a Cruz guy from day one. Now im just seriously disappointed in him. What is clear here is that Cruz wants Hillary to win so he can beat her in 2020. If Trump wins, Cruz has no chance in 20/20.

While his logic is correct, American cant stand 4 years of Hillary. Cruz just put his own political agenda ahead of whats best for America. He went back on his word and Ill never support him again. What a shame......he could have been the best we had.
                I'm disappointed also. Sadly I think he would destroy the US to try to prove a point and he may have just done that.I could never support him again. If he was planing for his future I don't think he has one anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                  Hold the phone. Did Hillary actually use the term "mad respect"?
                  Yes. Her exact tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                    Whole lot of hypocrisy in this thread.

I'm proud of Ted, and though I no longer live in Texas, if I did I would be an even bigger supporter of him now than I was yesterday at this time. What he said in his meeting with the Texas delegates at breakfast this morning was even more compelling than his speech last night.

What I just can't understand is why so many Trumpists want "Lyin' Ted's" endorsement? After all, Trump really exposed what a scumbag Ted is, right? Why would you want the endorsement of a guy like that? Makes no sense.
                    I don't think anyone cares about his endorsement. It's the underhanded stunt he pulled to get on that stage, stroke his own ego, prove to everyone that he is a sore loser that takes politics personal, spent double the amount of time on the stage he was supposed to, then embarrassed himself, the Tx delegates, and people like myself who voted for and sent him to Washington. He would have been better served just staying away as Kasich has done. People could assume he was a lier and a sore loser. He did not need to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      "Cast aside anger for love. That is the standard we should expect, from everybody"

-Ted Cruz 7/21/16
                      Do as I say not as I do.

Comment

I have to say, I supported Cruz in the primary. But my respect for him dropped a lot last night.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

What has become of this country

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                            Actually the Bush family didn't support Regan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                              Who was reagans VP?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post

Very true!! H.W. Bush coined the phrase "voodoo economics" in reference to Reagan's economic policies. It was actually a pretty ugly primary and at a time when the word "****" couldn't even be said on TV or radio. We're that primary held today, I think it would be very similar to the one we just went through. Reagan has become a hero based, largely, on euphoric recall but those of us who remember or have studied him know that he was a very controversial guy at the time and one that had a very liberal history as governor of California - he has a history of waffling just like Trump. I love the man and think he was a terrific President but I can also be honest about the realities of his shortcomings.

This is a great article to read: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...like-1980.html

I don't believe that a personal insult would have permitted Reagan to break the pledge he had made - he valued his word and his credibility too much. He would have 'bit the bullet' and done what was right for the nation and party he loved. He would have put his personal grievance aside to insure that we kept the court conservative and to keep Hillary from the White House. He was able to put country first - ahead of anything and everything, especially himself. Something Cruz has not, and will never, learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X