Fresno police kill unarmed white dude- grab your pitch forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Momma refuses to watch video of her kid defying orders repeatedly.
    Wants compensation.

What has happened in our education system and society that when a man (or woman) is pointing a gun at you and is yelling at you "YOU ARE GOING TO GET SHOT", your mind says.. "naaaaaah... they be bluffing..."...
    Sad story no doubt , That being said I don't think reading comprehension was his strong suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      Sad story no doubt , That being said I don't think reading comprehension was his strong suit.
      This confused me.
      I heard words being yelled... did they hold up signs too?

Comment

It looks like suicide by cop to me.. He kept reaching even after he was hit twice.

Comment

June 25th it looks like. I've seen several stories on it. But ni, nowhere near the coverage of a black victim.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

Comment

Good shoot....play chicken with a cop....you lose!

Comment

They should have waited until he produced a gun, and then waited until he fired at them to shoot, just to be sure of his intentions. I also can't believe they didn't run a tox screen and a full psychological battery to be sure he wasn't on drugs or mentally ill before dealing with him. Shooting him when he's down? They should have just gone hands on and attempted to control his arms because after the first shot, it's impossible to fight back. This kid was about to graduate college and earn a Nobel prize.

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
                They should have waited until he produced a gun, and then waited until he fired at them to shoot, just to be sure of his intentions. I also can't believe they didn't run a tox screen and a full psychological battery to be sure he wasn't on drugs or mentally ill before dealing with him. Shooting him when he's down? They should have just gone hands on and attempted to control his arms because after the first shot, it's impossible to fight back. This kid was about to graduate college and earn a Nobel prize.
                You forgot "They shoulda shot him in the leg."

DJ

Comment

There is video from the second officers body cam out too. He shot him the last time with the shotgun. Suicide by cop.

Comment

Police in Fresno, Calif., released body camera videos from two police officers showing the officers fatally shooting Dylan Noble, an unarmed white teenager (Editor's note: This video contains graphic content).

Comment

Nice work by the police officers. They made the correct choice!

Comment

Looked like a classic case of suicide by cop.

Comment

You mean yall don't see this action against someone you've never even seen or met before as a declaration of war against your entire race by the police force?

Comment

Sorry guys, I watched the body cam and disagree. I don't know the full story why he was pulled over- maybe there was a warrant for his arrest for a violent crime, bench warrant for failure to appear, restraining order and he's just beaten up some woman- I don't know.

The driver's left hand was clearly empty when he held it on the side of his body. Yes, he had his left hand behind his back when the LEO told him to put it up in the air. Yes, he did not lay down when they told him to. That was stupidity that cost him his life.

He could have had a pistol in a rear holster, true.

He made no threatening gesture or a motion that suggests to me that he was removing a weapon from a rear-mounted holster. There was one LEO with a pistol on him, and next to him another LEO with a 12 gauge riot gun aimed at his head.

I think they executed the kid in the parking lot of that gas station. Darn shame he didn't listen to the police. Kinda reminds me of when two San Francisco Police put a drunk guy's head into a concrete wall 5 yards from me when I was working stadium ops at Candlestick for a concert. Another clear example of excessive force.

I'd like to read an LEO's opinion if there was any action that was a threat justifying deadly force. Maybe I did not see it.

BTW, Fresno Country is one of several counties in Cali that issues concealed carry permits upon completion of the application, taking training course, paying the fee.
                            Last edited by Bill; 07-14-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Wasn't that about a month ago? I've already protested, blocked traffic in my neighborhood, exchanged my Hands Up Don't Shoot tshirt for a #whitelivesmatter shirt, and moved on.
                              You Racist

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                                Sorry guys, I watched the body cam and disagree. I don't know the full story why he was pulled over- maybe there was a warrant for his arrest for a violent crime, bench warrant for failure to appear, restraining order and he's just beaten up some woman- I don't know.

The driver's left hand was clearly empty when he held it on the side of his body. Yes, he had his left hand behind his back when the LEO told him to put it up in the air. Yes, he did not lay down when they told him to. That was stupidity that cost him his life.

He could have had a pistol in a rear holster, true.

He made no threatening gesture or a motion that suggests to me that he was removing a weapon from a rear-mounted holster. There was one LEO with a pistol on him, and next to him another LEO with a 12 gauge riot gun aimed at his head.

I think they executed the kid in the parking lot of that gas station. Darn shame he didn't listen to the police. Kinda reminds me of when two San Francisco Police put a drunk guy's head into a concrete wall 5 yards from me when I was working stadium ops at Candlestick for a concert. Another clear example of excessive force.

I'd like to read an LEO's opinion if there was any action that was a threat justifying deadly force. Maybe I did not see it.

BTW, Fresno Country is one of several counties in Cali that issues concealed carry permits upon completion of the application, taking training course, paying the fee.
                                This is merely my humble opinion, as i was not there, did not see/hear/feel everything the guys on scene did, don't know their history with this vehicle or suspect, and acknowledging the limitations of body cams.

First off, you've got the initial failure to yield after using both lights and sirens. That's unusual behavior, and the next step is to conduct a felony stop when their vehicle finally stops. Their vehicle is going to stop in one of 3 ways. It stops, it stops and they bail, or they wreck. Something gave this officer a hinky feeling. I usually don't pull my gun until immediately after my unit is in park. If it's out before that, it's cause I've got a gut feeling, and you don't ignore those.

Anyway, they get it stopped and begin the felony stop portion. I dunno know why the officer approached so soon, and by himself. It's irrelevant though. The guy gets out of the truck wearing a loose t shirt and starts walking away and isn't complying. Again, not normal people behavior. He's reaching behind his back, hand out of view. He had a few chances to show his hands and isn't. Time to shoot.

If you've ever done any simunition force on force training, you know how true action beats reaction every time is. If you wait to see if he pulls a gun, by the time you can react, he's already getting shots on you. A tie is a loss, and winning is the only option. Normal people with no intent to harm officers will show their hands when guns are pointed at them, not continue to reach.

OK, so he's on the ground. The last shot, you see him lift the bottom of his shirt with his left hand and put his right hand underneath. Pretty common motion for going for a gun.

Some have argued that the officers should have gone hands on once he was on the ground. I disagree. He's likely armed, so handle the situation from a safe distance until he complies. If he continues to reach for that possible weapon, keep shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X