Orlando Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando Shooting

I don't see much talk about the shooting itself here, unless the threads are already old and not bumped.

I certainly hope that the big patriotic crowd we have here on TBH feels equally enraged by this shooting as all of the other ones, even though the victims were mostly/all homosexual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yep, it's been a huge discussion on around the campfire

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, we can all agree they were (largely) American citizens and that trumps there choice of lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          I don't see much talk about the shooting itself here, unless the threads are already old and not bumped.

I certainly hope that the big patriotic crowd we have here on TBH feels equally enraged by this shooting as all of the other ones, even though the victims were mostly/all homosexual.

It was a big thread in Around the Campfire. Only the political aspects of it appeared in the Political forum.

Of course everyone is enraged by it. Americans were killed on American soil. I guarantee you no one here is less outraged by it because of the victims' lifestyle. Why would we be? Kind of an odd statement unless you're just trying to Troll.

Stop Trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Yep, we can all agree they were (largely) American citizens and that trumps there choice of lifestyle!
            100% Agreed!

Comment

And the fact that they were homo didn't figure into the equation , they were Americans , killed by another American who's family and elders are "peaceful" Muslims, in the name of Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                It was a big thread in Around the Campfire. Only the political aspects of it appeared in the Political forum.

Of course everyone is enraged by it. Americans were killed on American soil. I guarantee you no one here is less outraged by it because of the victims' lifestyle. Why would we be? Kind of an odd question unless you're just trying to Troll.

Stop Trolling.
                I'm not trolling, I was curious due to not seeing thread here in this subforum.

Comment

I actually think, at last count, the thread had 22 pages. Not sure what happened to it, I quit looking once everyone started arguing and repeating the same arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                    I'm not trolling, I was curious due to not seeing thread here in this subforum.

Ah. My apologies. Long week at work, I'm grumpy.

I just found the inclusion of the sentence about hoping we are equally enraged regardless of the victims lifestyle to be a little Troll'ish
                    Last edited by Clay C; 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

sneaky troll

see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        sneaky troll

see what I did there?

Oh yeah I see what you did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Of course everyone is enraged by it. Americans were killed on American soil. I guarantee you no one here is less outraged by it because of the victims' lifestyle. Why would we be? Kind of an odd statement unless you're just trying to Troll.

Stop Trolling.
                          While true, I think the victims' lifestyles did play a role in it. I think this nutcase was both a terrorist and self loathing gay person who took both his religious hatred and rage, and his guilt and self hatred out on a group of Americans who happened to be gay. I don't think the lifestyle matters to most of the country who is outraged by this act of terrorism

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                            While true, I think the victims' lifestyles did play a role in it. I think this nutcase was both a terrorist and self loathing gay person who took both his religious hatred and rage, and his guilt and self hatred out on a group of Americans who happened to be gay. I don't think the lifestyle matters to most of the country who is outraged by this act of terrorism

Agreed. Who gives a flip if you are gay, straight, bi, trans.... no one deserves to be gunned down like that.

Still sending prayers for their families and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post

Absolutely. I don't think anyone would argue that.

I was referencing the statement about the possibility of people on this site not caring about this attack because the victims were gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X