Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you okay with shifting majority numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Me too. Where you at?
    I really don't watch much Hannity. He comes on past my bedtime. I listen to him on the radio at times. Besides, many talking heads have brought that up.
    You are just mad because he told Cruz to shut his pie hole. Lol!

Are you in the maint bldg preparing for the turnaround?
    I have a Trump hat for ya.
    I think so....just set up temporarily right now until next week. What control room are you at? Bring me 2 hats...so I can shat in one, and cover it up with the other!

Comment

OMCC. South of gate 22.
      You don't know what bldg you are in? I went into the planners room full of KAP guys. Who do you work for?

Just ask for the a hole union chairman. They will point you my way

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Bring me 2 hats...so I can shat in one, and cover it up with the other!
        While I personally favor Trump over Cruz, this is one of best comebacks I've seen. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
          While I personally favor Trump over Cruz, this is one of best comebacks I've seen. Love it.
          That's ok. Once he realizes he is in a room full of Hillary supporters.... He will wish he had a Trump cap to pull down over his ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            OMCC. South of gate 22.
            You don't know what bldg you are in? I went into the planners room full of KAP guys. Who do you work for?

Just ask for the a hole union chairman. They will point you my way
            LOL....I know where you are at. I'll come see you today.

Comment

Ok

Comment

The current process has worked just fine. Too many people forget that "we the people" don't directly elect the President. I think the founders were pretty dang smart in how this was all set up. A vote is a very powerful tool in a pure democracy. They knew that there had to be checks and balances on it. It was even suggested during days of trying to get The Constitution ratified that you had to be a landowner to be able to vote, that way you actually had some skin in the game.

I would wager that as a proportion of the population, probably only about 50% of the people have any business voting. You shouldn't have a say if you can't speak with at least some semblance of an understanding of how the world works. It's a scary thought that some 18yr old kid flipping burgers and staring at an XBox screen gets just as much say in who the President is as Thomas Sowell does.

You have people jumping up and down for Trump without understanding (or without even knowing they don't understand) that 99% of what he says he's going to do is impossible. It just sounds good. The man has NO substance. Let's make iphones in the US.....are you freaking kidding me? Let's deport 11M people....really??

The man can't articulate any meat to a single policy matter. Rednecks living in a trailer park shouldn't be President and neither should a bomb throwing reality TV star. I don't think the Trump supporters realize how brutal and nasty his fall is going to be when the Clinton machines eviscerates him. He has more baggage that Paris Hilton on a year long vacation.

The delegate based nomination is there to save us from ourselves....the same reason YOU decide what is best for your kids.....they don't have the cognitive ability to make that decision for themselves.....just like most citizens don't have the ability to decide who should be The President.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  The current process has worked just fine. Too many people forget that "we the people" don't directly elect the President. I think the founders were pretty dang smart in how this was all set up. A vote is a very powerful tool in a pure democracy. They knew that there had to be checks and balances on it. It was even suggested during days of trying to get The Constitution ratified that you had to be a landowner to be able to vote, that way you actually had some skin in the game.

I would wager that as a proportion of the population, probably only about 50% of the people have any business voting. You shouldn't have a say if you can't speak with at least some semblance of an understanding of how the world works. It's a scary thought that some 18yr old kid flipping burgers and staring at an XBox screen gets just as much say in who the President is as Thomas Sowell does.

You have people jumping up and down for Trump without understanding (or without even knowing they don't understand) that 99% of what he says he's going to do is impossible. It just sounds good. The man has NO substance. Let's make iphones in the US.....are you freaking kidding me? Let's deport 11M people....really??

The man can't articulate any meat to a single policy matter. Rednecks living in a trailer park shouldn't be President and neither should a bomb throwing reality TV star. I don't think the Trump supporters realize how brutal and nasty his fall is going to be when the Clinton machines eviscerates him. He has more baggage that Paris Hilton on a year long vacation.

The delegate based nomination is there to save us from ourselves....the same reason YOU decide what is best for your kids.....they don't have the cognitive ability to make that decision for themselves.....just like most citizens don't have the ability to decide who should be The President.
                  Yep....how many times have we seen the 'And they vote" comment on here. It goes down both sides of the street.

Comment

I'm certainly glad that you don't get to decide for me....

Comment

hmm it's interesting to see where you stand... So what your saying is that the american people are not intelligent enough to make the decision on who to vote for, and we need some of the upper class to step in and make that decision for us? This is exactly what I was talking about. This thinking is absurd and disgusting You don't have the right to tell me how to live my life. This is just the same as federal judges making laws outside of their jurisdiction. The election system is flawed and it has been from the beginning of the party system. We the people have no say in who leads us, the elections are just to appease the masses If elections made any difference they'd make them illegal

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                        hmm it's interesting to see where you stand... So what your saying is that the american people are not intelligent enough to make the decision on who to vote for, and we need some of the upper class to step in and make that decision for us? This is exactly what I was talking about. This thinking is absurd and disgusting You don't have the right to tell me how to live my life. This is just the same as federal judges making laws outside of their jurisdiction. The election system is flawed and it has been from the beginning of the party system. We the people have no say in who leads us, the elections are just to appease the masses If elections made any difference they'd make them illegal
                        You are putting words in my mouth bud...

I am saying that a large percentage of the population don't have a clue about what is best for the nation as a whole. The President shouldn't be concerned with your well being outside of what the Constitution mandates as his job is.... to faithfully execute the office and the uphold and defend the Constitution. His job is to lead the NATION....not you the individual. That falls to the States. That's why the founders never intended for you or I to directly elect him.

Think about it, for most people voting for President would be like me voting for who has the best ideas on how to colonize Mars. I simply don't have the background info to make an informed decision, yet if we voted on it, my vote would cancel out the most renowned astrophysicist's. Most people don't have the knowledge on who has the best ideas/plans for running the country. You don't have to like the concept but that's the way it is.

The people's voice in the Federal government was intended to be the House. The States voice was in the Senate (at least until the 17th amendment came along and screwed all that up). The Constitution doesn't mandate how the Presidential election is to be ran, only that the states are in charge of the process in their state. It doesn't mention parties but they have been running it since the 1790's.

I figured my post would tick some of you off and that's alright. I just think most people don't understand the system and the process of our government in general. Can you guys imagine a government WITHOUT two parties....nothing would get done and you would have to amend the Constitution to base things on plurality instead of majority votes.

Our system isn't perfect but it is the best that has ever been devised.....and I never said anything about upper class.
                        Last edited by 175gr7.62; 04-21-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

and bear in mind, about 60% of votes cast this season in the Republican primaries have NOT been for Trump, yet he stands to win the nomination. So how do you choose the nominee when the MAJORITY of voters DON'T want him....

Comment

and bear in mind, about 60% of votes cast this season in the Republican primaries have NOT been for Trump, yet he stands to win the nomination. So how do you choose the nominee when the MAJORITY of voters DON'T want him....
                            Good stuff

Comment

You are putting words in my mouth bud...

I am saying that a large percentage of the population don't have a clue about what is best for the nation as a whole. The President shouldn't be concerned with your well being outside of what the Constitution mandates as his job is.... to faithfully execute the office and the uphold and defend the Constitution. His job is to lead the NATION....not you the individual. That falls to the States. That's why the founders never intended for you or I to directly elect him.

Think about it, for most people voting for President would be like me voting for who has the best ideas on how to colonize Mars. I simply don't have the background info to make an informed decision, yet if we voted on it, my vote would cancel out the most renowned astrophysicist's. Most people don't have the knowledge on who has the best ideas/plans for running the country. You don't have to like the concept but that's the way it is.

The people's voice in the Federal government was intended to be the House. The States voice was in the Senate (at least until the 17th amendment came along and screwed all that up). The Constitution doesn't mandate how the Presidential election is to be ran, only that the states are in charge of the process in their state. It doesn't mention parties but they have been running it since the 1790's.

I figured my post would tick some of you off and that's alright. I just think most people don't understand the system and the process of our government in general. Can you guys imagine a government WITHOUT two parties....nothing would get done and you would have to amend the Constitution to base things on plurality instead of majority votes.

Our system isn't perfect but it is the best that has ever been devised.....and I never said anything about upper class.
                              Bingo!

Comment

Ask cruz. Hes trying to get elected with less states, less pop vote, and less delegates.

Comment

Working...
                                X