Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obamacare strikes again

So my two tear old (MIGHT) have pink eye
    took her to the doc this morning and only way to definitively tell is with a culture they did not do
    So she Rx'd some ye drops instead (just in case)
    wait a few hours to go get the script
    I get there and they want $150!!!
    this is AFTER my insurance paid 80%
    The pharmacist said there is no generic available for these drops but kids have been getting pink since polio days so I KNOW there HAS to be a generic out there
    But $150 for 7 days worth of kids eye drops???
    Thanks Obama!

Needless to say she won't be getting the eye drops and I'll just hope her eyes don't fall out because of my cheapness.

Bohica

Comment

Obamacare has been a nightmare. I feel your pain.

We're a small group plan (small business) and we pay 100% of premiums for employees and families. We will pay 72K this year and that's with a 6K deductible. Stitches for my 2 year old, granted it was at a plastic surgeon but the gash was on her face were $900 out of pocket or $2300 if we used insurance. It's criminal.

Comment

Thanks to Obama's care my policy is going up 150%.

Comment

How do you know this situation was caused by the Affordable Care Act?

Comment

OP, did you try more than one place to get the prescription filled? Even though you present the insurance the price isnt always the same from pharmacy to pharmacy. I took a prescription for Celebrex to CVS to be filled and they told me $150. I said no thanks. I went down to HEB just for kicks to see what it would be there....I walked out with my prescription for $30something. I also have heard Costco is the cheapest place to get a prescription filled and you dont have to be a member to use their pharmacy. Just some thoughts and I sure hope your little one gets better quickly. And yes Obamacare sucks bad.

Comment

Bit of a stretch there ace.... But keep swinging for the fence.

Comment

What is the name of the drops? I'll run it through GoodRx. They are usually cheaper than with my insurance.

Comment

Where does Obama fit in this story?

Comment

Wait a doggone minute...

According to some of your past post's,,, it is your job to maximize the drug companies profits, regardless who it might impact.

Can you say KARMA???

Comment

Tobrex drops have a cheap generic available.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        Wait a doggone minute...

According to some of your past post's,,, it is your job to maximize the drug companies profits, regardless who it might impact.

Can you say KARMA???

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          Wait a doggone minute...

Can you say KARMA???
                          I remember that thread - kinda came back to bite him in the ***, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                            I remember that thread - kinda came back to bite him in the ***, eh?

Yep... Kinda what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              OP, did you try more than one place to get the prescription filled? Even though you present the insurance the price isnt always the same from pharmacy to pharmacy. I took a prescription for Celebrex to CVS to be filled and they told me $150. I said no thanks. I went down to HEB just for kicks to see what it would be there....I walked out with my prescription for $30something. I also have heard Costco is the cheapest place to get a prescription filled and you dont have to be a member to use their pharmacy. Just some thoughts and I sure hope your little one gets better quickly. And yes Obamacare sucks bad.
                              Come to find out my drug plan is through CVS/CAremark so the CVS guy was telling me there is a good chance other places won't accept my insurance.
                              I was going to call Costco(I'm a member), Walgreens, Walmart and Kroger just to double check.

Comment

Working...
                              X