Who will not vote for Trump in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Did you not watch the Democratic Primaries and the Bernie Treatment?

Most say that's the only reason Trump won. Faithful Bernies said heck no after the DNC collusion.
    Bernie got the treatment he did because he stood out against the party line candidates. the DNC effectively eliminated him as a candidate because of it. He is running again in 2020 and is now playing the racist/sexist/homophobic Republicans card like the rest of the loonies in the race. He did not do that during the last primaries. In fact he spoke out against it. Seems his masters got him in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      I think you are underestimating Reagan, Cruz and a few others. Heck, Reagan took a bullet, joked about it, and kept on doing his thing. He defeated the Soviet Union without firing a shot, due to his toughness and resolve. It's pretty hard to argue that he wasn't tough enough to make it in today's world.
      I don’t doubt his toughness, accomplishments, or that he was a great president. Reagan did everything with class, like you stated earlier and we can both agree, but in 2016 that class would have been pushed to the side by Hillary by not hitting back. He would have been in shock at how ruthless things have become. Similar to Romney in 2012 with Obama, he tried being nice and what happened? Obama won another term.

Cruz, I like the guy, he was my second choice in the primaries if my 1st didn’t win; but he has shown a few times to be a bit spineless. Not often, but he has shown weaknesses and I couldn’t say with certainty that he would be able to endure what trump has.

Comment

I was put off by Trump when he started running.. ii posted a thread on here asking if he was a hack. I dont like a lot of what he says nor how he comes across. I hate the fact that he burns bridges with folks like General Maddox.

All that aside, when I look at what he has DONE and committed to doing, I pretty much like all of it. He is a bull in the china shop. I guess some of that pretty china needed breaking. GO TRUMP.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I was put off by Trump when he started running.. ii posted a thread on here asking if he was a hack. I dont like a lot of what he says nor how he comes across. I hate the fact that he burns bridges with folks like General Maddox.

All that aside, when I look at what he has DONE and committed to doing, I pretty much like all of it. He is a bull in the china shop. I guess some of that pretty china needed breaking. GO TRUMP.

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. Like him or not, he is exactly what's been needed to get something done for a long time. With the millennial attitude these days, you can't play nice with them and get anything done. You only can agree with what they say/want 100% of the time. THERE IS NO NEGOTIATING WITH THE LEFT. Can you say that out loud as many times as you can stand it? Because that's what its going to take from here on out. Look at what all has happened since he won the election, nothing but Hillary got cheated and impeachment talk. Since day one. They didn't get what they wanted, and by GOD, they are going to kick and scream and throw temper tantrums until that day comes. They won't stop, they've been told they are special all their lives and have had everything handed to them. If you think for a minute that a Reagan, Cruz or anyone else like them could win in todays environment, you are dead wrong. Nice don't win anymore. Trump plays them like a fiddle, and they can't figure him out. Love it.

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote=diamond10x;14004821]No joke. The guys that lived through Reagan and loved him don’t realize, even him being one of the best if not best president in the last 100 years, Reagan wouldn’t even stand half a fighting chance today. There is not 1 person I can think of other than DJT that could have and has stood up and been able to handle all the BS thrown at them.

Some of you that call yourselves republicans/conservatives that don’t like trump and won’t vote for him need to take notes from the dems. If there is one thing they are good at, it’s sticking together. When it all comes down to it and SHTF they will band together no matter what, not whine and waste their vote even if their primary pick didn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Rcole1310; 02-20-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
              What's the difference in a representative democracy vs. A republic?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              In a democracy the majority rules. You can end up with wolves and sheep both casting votes to see what's for dinner. It's all good when it's 50/50 but when you get 51 wolves it sucks really bad for the sheep.

With a republic you have some guidelines (the Constitution) that lay some ground rules.......no eating sheep even if 75% of the constituency wants too.
              That's a pure democracy right?

Afaik a "representative democracy" and a "republic " are synonymous. But it's been a while since I've had a civics class.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The distinction between a republic and a democracy (any democracy) is the constitution. Both are governments ruled by the people. A democracy doesn't necessarily have to have a set of guidelines like the constitution, where a republics key is the constitution. With the constitution we keep the representatives on a chain...kind of ... it also sets our voting procedures for each electable branch.

Now, when you throw in the true democracy vs representative democracy you get a difference in how the vote are cast. A true democracy is one where the people have a direct say in everything. But, the majority population wins. The representative democracy is where you vote for a representative to vote on your behalf (much like what we do).

So, no a republic and a representative democracy are not the same, a democracy does not have to abide by a constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                I’m not sure this is correct. The post election data showed that a ton of Bernie folks walked away after what the dems did to him. At least that’s what I heard on XM POTUS.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    I think you are underestimating Reagan, Cruz and a few others. Heck, Reagan took a bullet, joked about it, and kept on doing his thing. He defeated the Soviet Union without firing a shot, due to his toughness and resolve. It's pretty hard to argue that he wasn't tough enough to make it in today's world.
                    He also started the democrat shafting of the republicans (not saying he did anything wrong, he was trying to make a deal)... When he signed that amnesty deal, there was suppose to be some "future dealings" on fixing our immigration problems... 30+ years later the republicans are still falling for that trick and the dems get to say "well Reagan believed in amnesty"...

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      Every primary race no matter which party, happens that way. They are all trying to stand out among each other then come back together when it counts.
                      They did not come back together at the election time. That was the entire point.

Comment

They did not come back together at the election time. That was the entire point.
                        I get your point, but it’s also just one of numerous theories to why Hillary lost and trump won. You can agree to disagree but I would go as far as to say it’s a fact that Democrats are dang good at coming together when it counts, much better than Republicans/conservatives, who cut each other down. Maybe that statement is just a theory as well.

Comment

bunch of sore losers.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                            I get your point, but it’s also just one of numerous theories to why Hillary lost and trump won. You can agree to disagree but I would go as far as to say it’s a fact that Democrats are dang good at coming together when it counts, much better than Republicans/conservatives, who cut each other down. Maybe that statement is just a theory as well.
                            It's not a theory, I have some Family that are Liberals that were good and ready to vote Woman and hear them roar. They did not. Just a sample size of about 10, but the comments in support, and the other mess I saw as a result seemed to echo that.

Funny thing though, they have started that they have to come together and get over it. Anybody but Trump is what they are saying. Seems familiar

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              The distinction between a republic and a democracy (any democracy) is the constitution. Both are governments ruled by the people. A democracy doesn't necessarily have to have a set of guidelines like the constitution, where a republics key is the constitution. With the constitution we keep the representatives on a chain...kind of ... it also sets our voting procedures for each electable branch.

Now, when you throw in the true democracy vs representative democracy you get a difference in how the vote are cast. A true democracy is one where the people have a direct say in everything. But, the majority population wins. The representative democracy is where you vote for a representative to vote on your behalf (much like what we do).

So, no a republic and a representative democracy are not the same, a democracy does not have to abide by a constitution.
                              thanks for that! I realize I'm kinda getting into semantics here.

So, we are a republic, or "constitutional representative democracy" for short. lol

btw, how does north korea call itself a democratic republic? Seems like a monarchy to me. i didnt think they were "democratic" or "republic"

Comment

thanks for that! I realize I'm kinda getting into semantics here.

So, we are a republic, or "constitutional representative democracy" for short. lol

btw, how does north korea call itself a democratic republic? Seems like a monarchy to me. i didnt think they were "democratic" or "republic"
                                Dictators can call themselves what ever they want.

Comment

Working...
                                X