Militarized police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
    And your guess would be wrong. Local level cops will not turn on citizens.

I REALLY want to believe that to be true. But there has already been precedence set on more than one occasion showing there is a possibility that it may not be true.

Comment

And your guess would be wrong. Local level cops will not turn on citizens.
      So you wouldn't arrest someone carrying a handgun that didn't have a CHL/LTC permit? I doubt that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        So you wouldn't arrest someone carrying a handgun that didn't have a CHL/LTC permit? I doubt that!
        thats a little different than coming to someone's home and confiscating their firearms because a general order was handed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          thats a little different than coming to someone's home and confiscating their firearms because a general order was handed down.
          How so? Laws are laws. If it came to be law, what makes it different? Not all states require carry permits, as it's actually just a tax on a constitutional right to begin with. It's easy to say law enforcement wouldn't uphold a "lawful order", when that law doesn't exist........yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            agreed, and I would add that it depends on the situation. why/how is the officer finding out you have a gun? and who is it that has the gun, joe q or billy the meth head?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              agreed, and I would add that it depends on the situation. why/how is the officer finding out you have a gun? and who is it that has the gun, joe q or billy the meth head?
              You know as well as I do, that if it gets to the outlawing of citizens having guns, all citizens with guns would be considered "terrorist". Now how do you think law enforcement would handle terrorist? This isn't some far fetched senario I'm talking about.

Comment

Let me put on my 'tinfoil' hat for a while -

First of all, I am not against LEO. However, I do have a healthy distrust of anyone provided with "authority" over me. Federal, State, Local, Tribal, who cares.

I have some questions for LEO:

1. How many of you LEO have actually been involved in a real active shooter case?
                2. How many of you LEO have actually been involved in a mass shooting/school shooting, etc?
                3. How many of you LEO have been involved in a drunk driving checkpoint?

I have some questions for non LEO:

1. How many of you have actually needed a LEO other than traffic, etc.?
                2. How many times were the LEO actually helpful other than traffic, etc.?
                3. How many times were any of your constitutional rights broken because a LEO was 'just doing their job'?

Now a couple questions for everyone:

1. Was the LEO just doing their job when they put Asian-Americans in internment camps in WWII?
                2. Was the LEO just doing their job when they shot, pepper-sprayed, and water hosed blacks in the 60s?
                3. What makes you think any LEO will not turn on you if the powers that be deem it necessary?

I am not calling anyone out, but maybe you LEO can understand when you are not trusted, instead of just calling people paranoid.

Comment

That puts things into perspective for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing I can say will change your minds guys, just keep on doubting us and see how it all plays out. You will end up surprised later.

Comment

Nothing I can say will change your minds guys, just keep on doubting us and see how it all plays out. You will end up surprised later.
                      I have a very good friend from Australia that would disagree.

Comment

I have a very good friend from Australia that would disagree.
                        What do you do for a living?

Comment

What do you do for a living?
                          Commercial/Industial steel erection......why?

Comment

Commercial/Industial steel erection......why?
                            Just curious if you catch as much distrust and hate in your job as I do for the actions of a few. But I doubt you do.

Comment

Just curious if you catch as much distrust and hate in your job as I do for the actions of a few. But I doubt you do.
                              I thought we were talking about a weapons ban in this country and how we perceived law enforcement would handle it? I have many friends in law enforcement that claim the same as you. Truth is, if such comes to pass, you will either do your job or quit. Fair?
                              Last edited by Ironman; 04-14-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I thought we were talking about a weapons ban in this country and how we perceived law enforcement would handle it? I have many friends in law enforcement that claim the same as you. Truth is, if such comes to pass, you will either do your job or quit. Fair?

Yeah that's what I said. And for the record, I would give up the badge and defend the constitution.

Comment

Working...
                                X