No announcement yet.

Trump is beginning to look unstoppable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Cruz fan but I will not hesitate to vote Trump in November.

Comment

the more i look at this and the more i see the numbers and polls, the more i believe Cruz is done. he is too far right for the general election.

Rubio and his establishment money is the ONLY option left to try to stop Trump.

Comment

Rubio's campaign has spent something like 5 times as much as Cruz's so far. Rubio has by far the most big name, GOP Establishment endorsements. Rubio gets treated with kid gloves and is constantly promoted by Fox News, while they frequently are hostile to Cruz or just plain ignore that he is in the race. And with all that, Cruz has actually beaten Trump in a state, when Rubio has not. Cruz has more overall votes than Rubio, and he is likely to outperform Rubio by the end of the day tomorrow. And you think Rubio is the only guy who can stop Trump, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
          Rubio's campaign has spent something like 5 times as much as Cruz's so far. Rubio has by far the most big name, GOP Establishment endorsements. Rubio gets treated with kid gloves and is constantly promoted by Fox News, while they frequently are hostile to Cruz or just plain ignore that he is in the race. And with all that, Cruz has actually beaten Trump in a state, when Rubio has not. Cruz has more overall votes than Rubio, and he is likely to outperform Rubio by the end of the day tomorrow. And you think Rubio is the only guy who can stop Trump, huh?
          well no...

personally i think hillary is the only opponent that can beat him...

Comment

I think that if it becomes a 3 man race that Cruz will pick up about a 1/3 of the votes but so will Rubio and Trump making it pretty much a wash..

If Cruz gets out, then Rubio will get probably 90% of Cruz's votes making him the stronger candidate.

Cruz's base is mostly ultra-conservative ideologues who will get behind anyone but Trump. Rubio is drawing from a much more diverse group and his supporters will split with a goodly number of them going to Trump because he is anyone but Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
              I think that if it becomes a 3 man race that Cruz will pick up about a 1/3 of the votes but so will Rubio and Trump making it pretty much a wash..

If Cruz gets out, then Rubio will get probably 90% of Cruz's votes making him the stronger candidate.

Cruz's base is mostly ultra-conservative ideologues who will get behind anyone but Trump. Rubio is drawing from a much more diverse group and his supporters will split with a goodly number of them going to Trump because he is anyone but Cruz.
              I can agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post

Cruz's base is mostly ultra-conservative ideologues who will get behind anyone but Trump. Rubio is drawing from a much more diverse group and his supporters will split with a goodly number of them going to Trump because he is anyone but Cruz
                Wishful thinking on your part, because that is exactly opposite of what most polls have shown about voters 2nd choices. With no Kasich or Carson still in the race, if Rubio gets out, way more of his votes are going to Cruz than Trump. But a lot of Cruz votes go to Trump rather than Rubio if Cruz gets out. While you're not wrong that a lot of Cruz's voters are ultra-conservative ideologues, you are wrong that that means they'll go to Rubio instead of Trump. As we've already seen in this race so far, there are a lot of "conservatives" who are supporting Trump, because their perception that he is "anti-Establishment" is more important to them than their ideological rigidness. Rubio certainly is not that appealing to an "ultra-conservative" voter.

Comment

Wishful thinking on your part, because that is exactly opposite of what most polls have shown about voters 2nd choices. With no Kasich or Carson still in the race, if Rubio gets out, way more of his votes are going to Cruz than Trump. But a lot of Cruz votes go to Trump rather than Rubio if Cruz gets out. While you're not wrong that a lot of Cruz's voters are ultra-conservative ideologues, you are wrong that that means they'll go to Rubio instead of Trump. As we've already seen in this race so far, there are a lot of "conservatives" who are supporting Trump, because their perception that he is "anti-Establishment" is more important to them than their ideological rigidness. Rubio certainly is not that appealing to an "ultra-conservative" voter.
                  Is it okay with you if I disagree with you or does that make me stupid?

Comment

Disagree all you want, it just might carry a little more weight if you had some data to back that up rather than just wish-casting and opinion.

Comment

Disagree all you want, it just might carry a little more weight if you had some data to back that up rather than just wish-casting and opinion.
                      We shall see about YOUR data

Comment

If you did more than cut and paste it'd carry more weight with me.. Oh wait I got socks older than you...

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          For our choices choose the lesser evil.
                          but it's still evil

Comment

These threads should all be prefixed by "Wishful thinkin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              We shall see about YOUR data
                              It's not my data. Poll after poll after poll shows that a very, very small % of voters say that Trump is their 2nd choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                                I can't believe that we might actually have trump vs Hillary showdown for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..
                                Yeah, and I don't believe Trump can swing the women vote. My wife, who is more conservative than I am, is considering voting for Hildebeast if it comes down to those two.

Comment

Working...
                                X