Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you have in the other races on the ballot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you have in the other races on the ballot?

Other than presidential candidates, who do you like in the other races on the Republican primary ballot?

After reading as much as I could find, here's who I came up with. I'm open to educated opinions otherwise on all of these though. Who do you like?

Railroad Commissioner – Wayne Christian
    Supreme Court Place 3 – Michael Massengale
    Supreme Court Place 5 – Rick Green
    Supreme Court Place 9 – Eva Guzman
    Court of Appeals Place 2 – Ray Wheless
    Court of Appeals Place 5 – Steve Smith
    Court of Appeals Place 6 – Michael Keasler

And what about the ballot propositions?

Prop 1 – no
    Prop 2 – yes
    Prop 3 – yes
    Prop 4 – yes

For those of you in my part of the state, what are your thoughts on these races?

District 19 US Representative – Donald May
    State Representative District 71 – Isaac Castro

I voted same as you on the props. Trying to get Kevin Brady out of the Capitol so voted for Colonol Dean. Cruz for the big show.

Comment

I haven't voted yet. Still trying to nail down all the other races for sure. The state court positions are very important too.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't do enough research to have a dog in the fight for most state positions. Need to do more research next time. Was hard to find much on them that wasn't put out by themselves.

Comment

I'm in district 19 with you, that's a full stable in that race. I won't vote for Lubbock mayor Glen Robertson- his values are right, but calling him an idiot would be a compliment to him.

I like what I hear about Michael Bob Starr & Jodey Arrington says the right things, but I'm pretty sure he is a RINO.

Honestly had t paid much attention to the others

Comment

This was fairly helpful.

Get sample ballots, voting information, candidate evaluations and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I'm in district 19 with you, that's a full stable in that race. I won't vote for Lubbock mayor Glen Robertson- his values are right, but calling him an idiot would be a compliment to him.

I like what I hear about Michael Bob Starr & Jodey Arrington says the right things, but I'm pretty sure he is a RINO.

Honestly had t paid much attention to the others
              One of Starr's sons was in school with my son, but I never met or got to know Starr. I have friends that like him, but I also have some friends in the Air Force that don't. Then this came out recently....

Questions were raised at a candidate forum in Lubbock, Texas, about West Texas conservatives lining up behind a GOP candidate for Congress who actively supports, promotes, and participates in gay pride events. The candidate, Colonel Bob Starr, can be seen in a number of photos wearing gay pride clothing, throwing his arms in the air as a champion in gay pride runs, and even wearing a rainbow painted gay pride shirt. |

I am leaning toward May in the Dist 19 race right now. I read a lot in the Lubbock media about Robertson. Your description sounds accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Unfortunately I didn't do enough research to have a dog in the fight for most state positions. Need to do more research next time. Was hard to find much on them that wasn't put out by themselves.
                Ha! This supports a long held theory of mine that we are all so fixated on what happens in DC and we let our state & even local gov't deteriorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  One of Starr's sons was in school with my son, but I never met or got to know Starr. I have friends that like him, but I also have some friends in the Air Force that don't. Then this came out recently....

Questions were raised at a candidate forum in Lubbock, Texas, about West Texas conservatives lining up behind a GOP candidate for Congress who actively supports, promotes, and participates in gay pride events. The candidate, Colonel Bob Starr, can be seen in a number of photos wearing gay pride clothing, throwing his arms in the air as a champion in gay pride runs, and even wearing a rainbow painted gay pride shirt. |

I am leaning toward May in the Dist 19 race right now. I read a lot in the Lubbock media about Robertson. Your description sounds accurate.
                  Meh- he ran in a gay 5K, could care less.

I guess Donald May has got to win an election at some point. He's just not a very compelling guy. Great principles, but does not present them in a passionate manner that invigorates me. Then again, maybe that's what's wrong with this country.

I'm honestly just now beginning my prospecting.

Comment

Immediate local I'm informed and active to include some state. The justices though I have no idea about.

Comment

I have it written down in the house and will post it later.

But in the meantime why are you no on prop 1? I am not arguing just trying to get more information.

Comment

I'm not giving the govt anymore authority to tax. They will never tax less just more. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Big H View Post
                          I have it written down in the house and will post it later.

But in the meantime why are you no on prop 1? I am not arguing just trying to get more information.
                          It might be a good idea to replace the property tax with a sales tax, but I'm just not sure yet. Sales tax receipts seem to fluctuate more in recessions than property tax receipts do. I worry about how a bigger dip in revenue would affect the state budget as well as school districts' budgets. I'm not sold one way or the other, so I guess I'm just sticking with status quo for now until I am convinced that a sales tax would be better.

Comment

Thank you for the response. I agree with what you said but I voted yes on all of the propositions. I am willing to take that risk I guess. But on to your original question. This is who I voted for and I did research these but had trouble finding as much information as I wanted. I have been disappointed in the amount of information available on the candidates. All of these elections are important bUT had I not downloaded the ballot for my area I would not have know even some of rhe races on it.
                            President - Cruz
                            US Rep 4 - John Ratcliffe
                            RR Commissioner- Wayne Christian
                            Justice SC 3- Michael Massengale
                            Justice SC 5- Rick Green
                            Justice SC 9- Eva Guzman
                            Judge CCA 2- Ray Whelen
                            Judge CCA 5- Brent Webster
                            Judge CCA 6- Michael E Kessler
                            State Board of Education 9- Mary Lou Bruner
                            State Rep 2- Dan Flynn

Comment

Yep, it's more difficult to get info on the state races. Local races are easier, and national races are easy. State races are the hardest. We should have been talking about them sooner here, I guess. Usually, on TBH you can find a few people that know about all of the candidates statewide. TBH may be the best resource for that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X