No announcement yet.

Nurses' Union Endorses Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on unions, and this comes from just general exposure and such over the years, not from direct involvement:
    When they began in this country they were in many cases absolutely necessary because there were no workers' rights. Many times workers were regarded as beasts of burden, to be used as the boss saw fit.
    Workers endured absolute misery because they had no voice and no choice. Organizing was a way of pushing back, as it were.
    BUT, nowadays, laws that are universally in place protect workers' rights and the market place provides extra benefits (I mean the job market place, not obumma's). Unions in many respects are no longer needed but the union bosses keep pressing for more goodies to justify their existence. I think another fact is, unions played a big part in driving so many jobs overseas. Unjustifiable wages and head count makes it difficult to make profits. And like it or not, that's why businesses and companies and corporations exist. To make money. Not just so people can have jobs. Jobs exist because of the private businesses, not the reverse. Too many of them are being sqeezed for no good reason.

Yeah, and nurses and so forth.

Comment

Working...
    X