Illegal immigration and the conservative brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal immigration and the conservative brand

For now I'm backing Ted in the primary and I like him and think he has what it takes to get this country back to where it needs to be. Before all the haters show up this is my opinion and bashing him is not what I'm after, I'm not jumping on the other candidates I'm just more in line with Cruz.

My only problem with him and the majority of the candidates is on immigration.

I'm for 100% border security at any cost, its a national security issue for me.

I am NOT for rounding up millions of people who are already here though.
    I think we need to find out who they are and if they are criminals or a drain on our system then they need to go back to where ever they came from but if they are here and working and contributing to this country then there should be a way for them to stay.
    I'm not talking about giving them citizenship but a legal way to stay here and work and I'm not talking about enabling them to continue bringing their family here.
    I'm aware there are flaws in my way of thinking and 100 different scenarios of where we go from here.

Surely there is a way to make this happen and I know I'm not the only conservative who feels this way.

Whats the thoughts of the green screen ?

I'm pretty sure you're way of thinking is not flawed at all, because I feel the same way.

Comment

Pretty much in line with my thoughts on the situation.

Comment

I agree. You can come to this position on a humanitarian basis (how could you deport a solid member of your community just because there parents brought them here illegally 15 years ago) or just on economics. If you accept the estimate that there are 11 million illegals here, and that it would cost an average of $10K per person to round them up and ship them out, that comes to $110 billion dollars! How could it possibly be worth that much money?

Comment

That's a rational, thought out, responsible position to have.

Comment

You are spot on as far as I'm concerned. I don't want amnesty or citizenship but for a better way to issue work visa's and track the individuals here that are truely looking for a better life and willing to work for it. We need to be able to filter out the thugs and drug runners. Also there is already a way for them to aquire a tax ID number so they can pay their taxes, why not verify who they are and what they are doing while here.

I am on board with Ted Cruz, and wouldn't mind seeing a Alan west or Ben Carson on his VP ticket.

Comment

I have no problems with your line of thinking.

Comment

I agree but I think there should be some kind of penalty for being here illegally. Not a life altering penalty but still some kind of fine. You have to pay a fine now if you don't carry health insurance so there should be some kind of penalty for being here illegally.

Comment

I agree with your statement about 90%
                  I believe it would be very hard to "round up" all illegals at one time, but it would not be hard to attempt to find out an individuals identity as you come across them. Like at a traffic stop, round up at the local job site, or ER. If they are unwilling to identify themselves or cant identify themselves then they go home. You cant possibly identify good from bad if you cant identify the person first. I run car accidents all the time where the immigrant that caused the accident gets to walk. They have no ID, and the police either dont want to or cant identify them. I suggested locking them up until they decide to identify themselves and was told the police dont have enough space to do that to all of them.
                  I have a crew working on my house today and the last week. They cant speak my language but they do one heck of a good job. I appreciate them and their work and they seem like good honest people. But if ICE showes up tomorrow and ask them for ID and they cant produce it....well they have to go

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                    I agree. You can come to this position on a humanitarian basis (how could you deport a solid member of your community just because there parents brought them here illegally 15 years ago) or just on economics. If you accept the estimate that there are 11 million illegals here, and that it would cost an average of $10K per person to round them up and ship them out, that comes to $110 billion dollars! How could it possibly be worth that much money?

I think the argument could be made that many of the 96 million Americans on unemployment or cant find a job cost that much every year now

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                      10 K is too much? How much welfare and health benefits do you think each of them eats up annually?

Comment

And you don't have to round them up. Cut off the money and the jobs from them and they will leave on their own.

Comment

My stance is anyone that is here illegally pays a fine and goes to the back of the line for citizenship.

Either it's illegal or it isn't, you can't have it both ways and maintain sovereignty.

Like the poster above, there are many other facets to be dealt with and quit using the lame *** excuse "they are only doing the jobs Americans don't want to do". Make it less enticing to remain on the government teat and I bet there will be plenty of Americans willing to do what it takes to eat.

Hunger is a heck of a motivator.

Comment

I still think a Ted Nugent-Willie Nelson bid would be great , lol!

I kid, I kid...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              [/B]

I think the argument could be made that many of the 96 million Americans on unemployment or cant find a job cost that much every year now
                              Good point but deporting illegals doesn't solve the problem of Americans on unemployment or under-employed. Most on unemployment had the bad luck of losing a job when the price of oil dropped or their job otherwise became unneeded. Most of those folks will find another job and unemployment keeps them from starving while they look. The chronically unemployed who are on welfare or living off family members either need new skills or need motivated. I know there are exceptions where an unemployed American would like to have the job now being done by an illegal but that is a very small portion of the 96 million.

Comment

Working...
                              X