Tonight's GOP Debate - Embarrassing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Trump's fault? Really? Everyone except Kasich and Carson acted like bafoons. If these guys are the best we have we have no best. How stupid to let the people running the debate lead them into "fight like little kids" trap for ratings sake. They fell for it hook line and sinker. Cruz/Rubio Bush/Trump. Imagine one of these wanna be's going up against someone like Putin.

This debate was nothing more than a food fight from Animal House. And, it was led by the top four.

Comment

I have to agree with Joshua that it was a debate and calling out your opponents is a big part of that. Trump lost some points last night but he isn't going away yet. As the traditional republicans drop out, most of their support will go to Rubio. It's becoming clear that the republican nominee will be Cruz or Rubio but which one ends up on top won't be clear for a good while.

Comment

I was a trump fan about a month ago, but watching and listening to him the last few weeks he just runs his mouth and has no substance.

Comment

Many good points discussed here and its saddens me that we do not have a clear conservative leader. We are lacking leadership in both parties very badly and its freakin scary. So many issues we are facing at every level.
          Who can help rebuild our economy and make us strong again?
          Who can stand up to Russia, China, Korea and the Middle East and keep them in check?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Trump's fault? Really? Everyone except Kasich and Carson acted like bafoons. If these guys are the best we have we have no best. How stupid to let the people running the debate lead them into "fight like little kids" trap for ratings sake. They fell for it hook line and sinker. Cruz/Rubio Bush/Trump. Imagine one of these wanna be's going up against someone like Putin.

This debate was nothing more than a food fight from Animal House. And, it was led by the top four.
            Do you think the debate would have been the same if Trump weren't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Bush too. The remainder would most likely act more civilized.

Comment

I've been saying that the GOP hasn't put forth a legitimate candidate capable of defeating Hilary. from the beginning... I stand by that..

And y'all just keep bashing the only guy who has even the most minute chance of polarizing the voters who will vote with their anger rather than their heart or head...

I did enjoy the Cruz / Rubio exchange... kinda funny that Rubio would say that Cruz can't speak Spanish..

And this is what I got from the Trump / JEB exchange..
                Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 02-21-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                  Many good points discussed here and its saddens me that we do not have a clear conservative leader. We are lacking leadership in both parties very badly and its freakin scary. So many issues we are facing at every level.
                  Who can stand up to Russia, China, Korea and the Middle East and keep them in check?
                  Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    If a frog had wings it would not bump it's butt. Too many if's. He is there and if a candidate is professional and knows his stuff he would not need Trump as a reason as to why he got flustered and acted like a rookie.

Not one person that is on that stage in the top four has been smart enough to keep their cool.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                      I agree with you a lot, but you're preaching to the wrong audience, bro. This group is as diehard as they come.
                      It wasn't that long ago that I was in the same boat. Maybe I am just getting old and cynical but I'm not buying into voting based on conservatism or liberalism anymore.

I'm voting based on integrity, leadership and accomplishment and even if that means voting for someone I do not agree with politically.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                        It wasn't that long ago that I was in the same boat. Maybe I am just getting old and cynical but I'm not buying into voting based on conservatism or liberalism anymore.

I'm voting based on integrity, leadership and accomplishment and even if that means voting for someone I do not agree with politically.
                        Curious as to who you think exhibits those traits among the candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                          Curious as to who you think exhibits those traits among the candidates.
                          Very few have demonstrated all 3 of them. On the Republican side, in my opinion, it is only Kasich and he really hasn't faced the scrutiny of being a front runner yet. Carson, though I personally don't think he has the leadership characteristics or experience and Bush., though most of his experience has come from government.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                            Great points. We are in BIG BIG trouble. It's a whole lot easier to create/cause a train wreck than it is to clean it up. Barry knew/knows exactly what he is doing. He is smart, make no mistake about it. His replacement will do the same, if and when she gets a chance.

A true, clear conservative, like Carson or Huckabee, will never stand a chance in today's political grooves. Most of today's conservatives would have been considered liberal 25-30 years ago. Today's conservatives are way more tolerant and some even support what would have been considered very liberal policies, lifestyles and behaviors 25-30 years ago. I remember a time when "conservative really meant something". It still does for some. We are now the minority.
                            Times and morals have changed in this country. The "PG" rated movies of today would have had a "R-18" rating in the 80's or maybe even a "X" rating. Just a small example.

That's where the problems begin the "true conservative" candidate. We have veered way left as a whole.. It will be next to impossible or impossible for a "true conservative" to ever hold that office again..
                            Most of today's, so called conservatives, are just to liberal to back them.
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 02-14-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Great points. We are in BIG BIG trouble. It's a whole lot easier to create/cause a train wreck than it is to clean it up. Barry knew/knows exactly what he is doing. He is smart, make no mistake about it. His replacement will do the same, if and when she gets a chance.

A true, clear conservative, like Carson or Huckabee, will never stand a chance in today's political grooves. Most of today's conservatives would have been considered liberal 25-30 years ago. Today's conservatives are way more tolerant and some even support what would have been considered very liberal policies, lifestyles and behaviors 25-30 years ago. I remember a time when "conservative really meant something". It still does for some. We are now the minority.
                              Times and morals have changed in this country. The "PG" rated movies of today would have had a "R-18" rating in the 80's or maybe even a "X" rating. Just a small example.

That's where the problems begin the "true conservative" candidate. We have veered way left as a whole.. It will be next to impossible or impossible for a "true conservative" to ever hold that office again..
                              Most of today's, so called conservatives, are just to liberal to back them.
                              I think the problem would be agreeing on the definition of a true conservative. As you probably know the moderate conservative of the 50's and 60's would be classed as a ultra right-wing fanatic in todays world.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                The "PG" rated movies of today would have had a "R-18" rating in the 80's or maybe even a "X" rating. Just a small example.
                                lol... wow, i watching X rated movies and didn't even know it !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X