Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at age 79...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    i think he will nominate a moderate, maybe even a moderate republican and then when the GOP refuses to vote or votes NO, he will use that against them with the public and the next election.

i doubt very seriously if he nominates a muslim...
    I completely agree. The republicans have already shown their hand saying that they will block obama's nomination. He'll nominate a moderate that way it'll make the republicans look bad when they block the nomination. Then, if Hilary wins, she can nominate a liberal and it will make the republicans look even dumber for blocking obama's nomination.

Of course it will end up working out ok if the republicans can win the presidency. But they're taking somewhat of a risk with their current strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
      I completely agree. The republicans have already shown their hand saying that they will block obama's nomination. He'll nominate a moderate that way it'll make the republicans look bad when they block the nomination. Then, if Hilary wins, she can nominate a liberal and it will make the republicans look even dumber for blocking obama's nomination.

Of course it will end up working out ok if the republicans can win the presidency. But they're taking somewhat of a risk with their current strategy.
      If he does nominate a successor, I hope you're right and it is a moderate!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        OK, I'll go ahead and say it. The next nominee from Obama will be a Muslim.
        Birds of a feather flock together.
        Now, by definition, that would be a indicator of some sort of conspiracy, now wouldn't it? Lol, this place is a trip..!!!!

According to the GS there is no such a thing..

But, yes, your probably correct.

Comment

I would bet he nominates Eric Holder. As a matter of fact,he may just put him in place immediately while the senate is not in session. Not a dang thing they can do about it short term if Obama does that.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I would bet he nominates Eric Holder. As a matter of fact,he may just put him in place immediately while the senate is not in session. Not a dang thing they can do about it short term if Obama does that.
            My thought as well. One terrorist is as good as the next, I guess.
            Last edited by PondPopper; 02-14-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

If Mitch McConnell doesn't call a recess, then there can't be any recess appointments. He should keep the Senate in session until Obama's moving vans are out of D.C. McConnell probably won't do it, but that's what should be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                If Mitch McConnell doesn't call a recess, then there can't be any recess appointments. He should keep the Senate in session until Obama's moving vans are out of D.C. McConnell probably won't do it, but that's what should be done.
                Agreed but mitch is part of the problem. he will hold out untill he gets paid. Then he will pretend he has done all that he can and o will get his way. GOD help us.

Comment

Agreed but mitch is part of the problem. he will hold out untill he gets paid. Then he will pretend he has done all that he can and o will get his way. GOD help us.
                  Exactly. Conspiracy maybe, or just another worthless politician?
                  You be the judge.

Comment

Yep. He'll hold out all year, and then recess for Christmas. That will allow Obama to make a recess appointment on his way out the door (and after the Presidential election is over).

Comment

I hope he doesn't pull the moderate card & all is done to let the next potus handle this nominee...we need to get a true constitutionalist in the line up if we have ANY chance of getting the US back on track.

A moderate at this point would be gambling with an already split group...this whole situation stinks no matter how you dice it up. Scary.

Comment

Great 24 hours worth of speculation!!! I can tell you one thing...........it is going to be UGLY!!! Ginsberg will probably retire before years end giving this administration two bites at the SCOTUS apple..................hold your hats as it is going to be WILD!!!

Comment

You mean people with opposing views can be friends? Whodathunk it

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                            If he does nominate a successor, I hope you're right and it is a moderate!
                            To tell the truth, ALL supreme court justices should be "moderate", aka neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                              To tell the truth, ALL supreme court justices should be "moderate", aka neutral.
                              No justice should be an activist. They should ALL uphold the constitution in its purest form. There should be no split...just uphold the constitution. Problem is, some feel the constitution is getting in the way of progress. Thats gotta stop.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                                I couldn't agree more!!

Comment

Working...
                                X