Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
    What difference does it make? If they rule that it means something different than it says, they have effectively changed or deleted the amendment. That is what happened with the commerce clause in the early 40's, and now "interstate commerce" is what congress uses as the basis of their power for most of the laws they pass.
    you need to google how amendments are repealed.

until you understand we have nothing to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      You looked it up didn't you. Told you.
      looked what up?

the spelling of arabic?

no, i just graduated from high school, that's all...

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
        we will just have to agree to disagree.

and no, i do not speak arabic...

Between you and me, I heard he was also born in Kenya, and has been lying about his birth certificate. Have you ever noticed how close "Merica" sounds like Mecca? Apparently in the 1960s, his single mother flew to Kenya to have her baby there, because that's a great place to have a baby, then secretly smuggled him back to Hawaii to acquire a phony birth certificate. The truth is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
          Between you and me, I heard he was also born in Kenya, and has been lying about his birth certificate. Have you ever noticed how close "Merica" sounds like Mecca? Apparently in the 1960s, his single mother flew to Kenya to have her baby there, because that's a great place to have a baby, then secretly smuggled him back to Hawaii to acquire a phony birth certificate. The truth is out there.
          You know, if you're the only person who hears voices in their head, it doesn't mean everyone who doesn't hear voices is crazy. You know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
            You know, if you're the only person who hears voices in their head, it doesn't mean everyone who doesn't hear voices is crazy. You know what I mean?

Ad hominem(attack on the source). Also, you can't prove that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
              Ad hominem(attack on the source). Also, you can't prove that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
              [emoji6] (you know I wasn't attacking you)

Comment

you do understand a SCOTUS ruling cannot take away the amendment, correct?

it's quite a bit more involved than that...
                What is your reasoning for posting this...I think it was a malfunction of sorts?? You seriously don't think a reverse ruling in favor of DC & The Windy City would basically nullify the 2nd's interpretation of what these brilliant founding fathers had in mind & set a tidal wave for the nation to follow??

AGAIN!!

If Heller or McDonald had swung the other way, the interpretation of the 2nd has just been 'taken away'...how can you dismiss or dilute the facts of a SCOTUS ruling because it's still on paper?? If SCOTUS majority says it reads white when we KNOW the founding fathers wanted it to be instituted in a black interpretation??

I don't get wound up like this very often & hope I'm wrong (sorry if so) on the angle you mean here, but you are way off base and need to at least start crawfishing on this particular 2nd amnd example. This whole scotus appointment fillings in our lap & their lack of being able to actually line item remove wording doesn't mean the people's liberty is in peril with these life time appointments.

It's really quite cut and dry in their actual ability to take away what was granted to us simply by voting on a deviant angle of the founding fathers wording...correct??

Again, sorry if I made too much of it or didn't understand your point of the scotus ability to affect the constitution, but yikes man!!

You should stic, to drone issues!!

Comment

I must say, after watching Cruz for the past 15 minutes, I see where you Cruz bobble heads get it.... All he has done is bash Trump. Hopefully he will start talking about how great of a president Cruz will be and how he will make this country better.

Oh, and for a wife that has a job as uh um, "bread maker" ( I think that's what he said her occupation was) anyhow, she sure seems concerned about the countries financial state.

Comment

you need to google how amendments are repealed.

until you understand we have nothing to discuss.

I assure you I understand Article V of the constitution (the amendment process).

You need to google Marbury v. Madison. Since SCOTUS assumed the role of judicial review in 1803, the constitution has been slowly amended by judicial activists one opinion at a time.

You seem to think that anyone who suggests that Obama or Hillary will decimate the constitution is on the far right fringe. However, the liberals have been doing just that for years...not through the amendment process, but by appointing activist judges.

Comment

i promise you, it will be all right. even if hillary wins twice, america will still be the worlds superpower with one of the best, if not the best economy in the world. maybe gays will be married and women will have abortions, but 1st and 2nd amendments will be with us protecting us.

i remember my uncle hammering me with emails in 2007-8 about obama and that he would take our guns and repeal the 2nd amendment. i just giggled since he really didn't understand how govt works and what an amendment really is and HOW **** NEAR IMPOSSIBLE THEY ARE TO TAKE AWAY.

your conspiracy theories continually crack me up.

now if you were ever right, then i might listen.
                      Every time a law is passed limiting gun rights or restricting access to ammunition, we lose a piece of the second amendment. No full auto, limited magazines, supply shortages on ammo, no carry zones, etc. FACT, this POTUS has made a greater effort than any before him to limit our right to bear arms. He ain't finished yet. If the second amendment was revoked and you were ordered to surrender your guns, would you, so you could be a good citizen? Do you need daddy government to feed and clothe you and powder you butt? No. The government needs a reality check. They work for us. Every time Obama berates the American people and says that this is not who we are, my blood boils. He is to lead and unite, not berate and belittle.

Comment

And back to the point of this whole thread...the Supreme Court appointments are the biggest reason that I don't want Trump to be our nominee. I just don't believe he will appoint judges that will protect the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
                          I must say, after watching Cruz for the past 15 minutes, I see where you Cruz bobble heads get it.... All he has done is bash Trump. Hopefully he will start talking about how great of a president Cruz will be and how he will make this country better.

Oh, and for a wife that has a job as uh um, "bread maker" ( I think that's what he said her occupation was) anyhow, she sure seems concerned about the countries financial state.
                          That must be the only 15 minutes you have seen of him

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post

You say this, un-Ironically, as though Trump doesn't ever attack anyone and always sticks strictly to the issues. Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              The rest of the time he is pot licking. Ill will vote for a pot licker if I have too..
                              I just wish he would say something original every now and then. Speak Spanish again or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                I'm thinking the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X