Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grayson County College bond election this coming Saturday $460 million......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grayson County College bond election this coming Saturday $460 million......

I'm a hard no. They "claim" it won't cost current taxpayers anything with the current and expected growth of Grayson county along with increasing property values.....and promise "if" the growth slows they won't issue "all" the bonds....when has any entity not gotten every penny of a bond package.....one of biggest selling points is no cost and to provide skill sets to future employees of the big chip plants in Sherman.....of all the new employees of these new plants exactly how many will need the skill sets that GCCC is going to teach.....TI expects 3,000 employees and if every single one of them were to get education at GCCC that is $153,000 per student roughly, I know this is just a selling points for the bond......and why is it up to me to "educate" them to work at the new plants, let TI and Global Wafers do it....keep in mind too that these taxes are not frozen on over 65 only local school taxes are. Top it off that Whitesboro ISD has $120 million bond on ballot, Tioga ISD $26 million along with ours in Collinsville of $16 million that just passed by 24 votes when last bond isn't even paid off. Forgive me if I don't trust these "government" agencies for spending wisely and I consider anything paid by my taxes as a government agency.

The training for these chip manufacturers is just one of the numerous things in the bond and if anything like our local one for a new band classroom and an Art classroom which was the motto "classrooms for Pirates".....and luckily I'm not in city limits because it coincided with city raising tax rate at same time and that was just a vote of the city council. Bond here was sold as won't raise taxes but failed to point out it completely erased the $60,000 addition to the homestead exemption.....I will never ever vote for a bond package.

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    I'm a hard no. They "claim" it won't cost current taxpayers anything with the current and expected growth of Grayson county along with increasing property values.....and promise "if" the growth slows they won't issue "all" the bonds....when has any entity not gotten every penny of a bond package.....one of biggest selling points is no cost and to provide skill sets to future employees of the big chip plants in Sherman.....of all the new employees of these new plants exactly how many will need the skill sets that GCCC is going to teach.....TI expects 3,000 employees and if every single one of them were to get education at GCCC that is $153,000 per student roughly, I know this is just a selling points for the bond......and why is it up to me to "educate" them to work at the new plants, let TI and Global Wafers do it....keep in mind too that these taxes are not frozen on over 65 only local school taxes are. Top it off that Whitesboro ISD has $120 million bond on ballot, Tioga ISD $26 million along with ours in Collinsville of $16 million that just passed by 24 votes when last bond isn't even paid off. Forgive me if I don't trust these "government" agencies for spending wisely and I consider anything paid by my taxes as a government agency.

The training for these chip manufacturers is just one of the numerous things in the bond and if anything like our local one for a new band classroom and an Art classroom which was the motto "classrooms for Pirates".....and luckily I'm not in city limits because it coincided with city raising tax rate at same time and that was just a vote of the city council. Bond here was sold as won't raise taxes but failed to point out it completely erased the $60,000 addition to the homestead exemption.....I will never ever vote for a bond package.
    I'm not in Grayson County, but this is where I am at here in Liberty County too. I've had enough of these school districts and counties getting millions and wasting it, spending it on themselves and their work environment... To hell with that!

Comment

Never vote yes to raise your taxes

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Never vote yes to raise your taxes
        and yet people do it because it's "for the children".....or "it's for the, insert cause here".....or as in this case "it won't raise your taxes".....it's only $460 million

Comment

and yet people do it because it's "for the children".....or "it's for the, insert cause here".....or as in this case "it won't raise your taxes".....it's only $460 million
          It's only "for the Children" after they waste 90% of the budget on bullcrap. That's why they purposely spend on everything not for the children first.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

It's only "for the Children" after they waste 90% of the budget on bullcrap. That's why they purposely spend on everything not for the children first.
            never forget the go to "the teachers aren't paid enough", so let's build a massive administration building with lot's of staff......

Comment

So the bond is to build a new school to prepare students to work in a chip factory? Am I understanding correctly? Does this imply that we will manufacture more chips in the USA instead of importing them from China? Who is the worlds biggest Chip MFG today? Don't we complain that our F-35's are built with Chinese chips in them?

So many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

So the bond is to build a new school to prepare students to work in a chip factory? Am I understanding correctly? Does this imply that we will manufacture more chips in the USA instead of importing them from China? Who is the worlds biggest Chip MFG today? Don't we complain that our F-35's are built with Chinese chips in them?

So many questions.
                Yes there are and their answers are general......just a blanket "training" them to work in the factories.....ok, at what skill set, at what level......it's just a convenient way to sway the vote on a bond package.....I would have to believe that there are many areas involved in the manufacture of them my issue is a lack of trust on "bonds" going where they claim them to be going and if it's that necessary I would think TI and Global Wafers would be footing the bill to train their workforce not me.

Comment

Hard Pass

Comment

Yes there are and their answers are general......just a blanket "training" them to work in the factories.....ok, at what skill set, at what level......it's just a convenient way to sway the vote on a bond package.....I would have to believe that there are many areas involved in the manufacture of them my issue is a lack of trust on "bonds" going where they claim them to be going and if it's that necessary I would think TI and Global Wafers would be footing the bill to train their workforce not me.
                    One would certainly think TI and Wafers would know what workforce they need more than a public school IMO.

Comment

So many questions.
                      Well technically the bulk of the world’s chips are made in Taiwan, but don’t tell China that, they refuse to acknowledge it while simultaneously plotting to recapture Taiwan…

Comment

One would certainly think TI and Wafers would know what workforce they need more than a public school IMO.
                        I'm pretty certain neither one said "let's build in Sherman and hopefully the community college will train us some workers".......it's a Tag line to get a monstrous bond passed.......

Comment

Working...
                        X