Cool bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool bible

I have been looking for a large print king James version of a bible. I asked the seller to publish a couple pages to see what the print looks like. I also want my bible to use modern English. I don't weighth, theeith or thoughith.

Depending on what the print and English looks like - I will buy this. Figured it would be worth it to pass along to the green screen.

This beautiful, unique, & easy to read Bible (KJV version) contains the chorus to the song on the inside cover, hand-written and signed by Lee Greenwood.

Hard pass for me…i hate it when the Word of God used to promote nationalism versus repentance, but then again i am one of them that cringe on “Independence Day services”

Comment

Death from Above coming strong on this thread....

OP, you might be happier with another Bible? It looks like the version you linked up is in the King James Version, which would have a lot of the ye olde english you dislike. May I suggest trying a large print version of the CEV, NIV (1984 is a good version) or ESV? I'd agree with Death from Above that the version linked is not going to serve you well over time. It's best to look for a Bible that promotes the Scriptural content alone, IMHO.

God bless you in your journey.

Comment

That's a KJV bible, so you'll be reading old English. Nothing wrong with that, but you said you want a modern translation. Try NIV or NASB if you want a reliable modern translation. I'm sure there are others. Also, it's worthwhile to get a good commentary if you're bible shopping.

Comment

Try the NKJV ( New King James) much easier to read ,

Comment

This is what Old English looks like fyi. The King James Bible was written in Modern English, not Middle English and Definitely not Old English.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
              Try the NKJV ( New King James) much easier to read ,
              My preferred version here.

Comment

The book you speak of has been rewritten reinterpretated numerous times

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  The book you speak of has been rewritten reinterpretated numerous times
                  lol...I have read the original text in its original writng...does that count

Comment

I use logos for study now, but still we enjoy having a physical Bible for church.

Comment

I'd try a different translation as others have said. I preach out of the NASB 95 because it's one of the closest word for word translations from the original Greek and Hebrew that I have found, though the new LSB is pretty dang accurate. For ease of reading, the ESV is my go to.

Comment

I’d suggest that you buy a couple of great commentaries as well. My sister in law gave me a Tony Evans Commentary that I really like.

Comment

Go to https://www.e-sword.net/ Download their software for either your computer, phone or tablet, then you can download literally hundreds of translations, can put up to 5 different translations up on your screen and compare them verse by verse... and since it is on YOUR device, you can make the print as big or small as you like. My main study Bible is a NIV(84) and it is where I still highlight verses, make notes, etc. but I use either my iPad or phone for just reading and studying... e-sword has all manner of commentaries and other utilities that will help you to read and study God's word. There are many translations that are free, but the modern copyrighted translations can be purchased pretty cheap and downloaded. If you want to see a verse In King James, NIV, NASB, NLT, ESV, or anything else you can think of, you can see the differences all side by side. The ESV is a freebie, I think.

Here's a screen shot of KJV, NIV (84), NASB, and NKJV of John chapter 3 that has 3:16 in the middle of the page so you can see all 4 translations side by side...

Click image for larger version

Name:	e-sword parallel.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	26756612

Comment

Working...
                          X